Sextantio Albergo Diffuso
What We Love
- Rate includes buffet breakfast
- The sense of living in a real Italian village
- Authentic medieval architecture — but with huge bathtubs and discreet air conditioning
- Spectacular views of the surrounding national park and mountains
- The hotel’s restaurants serve seasonal dishes from traditional local recipes
- A visit here helps preserve the cultural heritage of Abruzzo
- Lots of hiking, biking, wildlife spotting and skiing in the surrounding park
- The breakfast buffet is excellent, with homemade cakes, local cheeses and even prosciutto carved on demand
What To Know
- This is a remote village (93 miles from Rome)
- The authentic experience means no in-room TVs or minibars
- There’s no pool, spa or fitness center
- This isn’t the place for nightlife; everything closes around 11 p.m.
- Not all rooms have showers, but the huge stand-alone baths are lovely
- The altitude means evenings can get chilly, even in summer
- Couples will enjoy the incredibly romantic setting, but there are lots of outdoor activities suitable for families with older children as well
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Sextantio Albergo Diffuso in Santo Stefano di Sessanio, you’ll be in the historical district and within the region of Campo Imperatore Observatory and Museo Nazionale d’Abruzzo. This 4-star hotel is within the region of Campo Imperatore Gondola and Forte Spagnolo.
Make yourself at home in one of the 27 individually decorated guestrooms. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature bidets and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as complimentary bottled water and a turndown service.
Pamper yourself with onsite massages or enjoy recreation amenities such as bicycles to rent. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and wedding services.
You can enjoy a meal at a restaurant serving the guests of Sextantio Albergo Diffuso, or find a snack in a coffee shop/café. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include express check-in, express check-out, and a 24-hour front desk. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).
How to Get There
Hotel is located in the Abruzzo region of Italy; 2 hour drive from Rome. It is in a midevil town that dates back to the 14th century. Only 28 unique rooms or apt's. Rooms are lit by candle light and a few lamps. No TV or phone but internet is strong. Village has several restaurants, shops and a bar. This town is the way Italy used to be 30 years ago. Rooms are spread throughout the village.
Put it on your bucket list
Can't say enough about this unique and amazing hotel in the middle of the mountains of Abruzzo. Great rooms, food and things to do in the area. We stayed three nights here at Sextantio but wish we had one more. Please open mo
We only stayed one night on the way from Tuscany to Puglia by car and we wished we were staying a few more days. Excellent initiative to restore this small and beautiful town damaged 10 years ago in the earthquake. Yes being restored for tourists yet done in such a sympathetic way that the soul of the village has been preserved and the accomodation is quaint yet exceedingly comfortable and beautiful. The restaurant was exceptional. Magnificent surroundings and an easy road trip (not that far off A24 or A25) which allowed us to see the impressive Appenine mountains. On top of that somehow we left some valuables there and they were recovered without fuss. A must visit.