The Harmony Hotel
What We Love
- Nourishing natural treatments and outdoor yoga at the on-site Healing Center
- Easy access to one of the premier surfing beaches in Costa Rica
- The tropical cocktails at the outdoor bar use natural ingredients and come with sustainable bamboo straws
- Lazing about on your private hammock
- Surfing- and yoga-themed retreats
- READ MORE: Find your perfect Costa Rica vacation
What To Know
- Several bungalows are currently being renovated
- It's a two-to-three-hour drive from the airport in Liberia over sometimes bumpy and inconsistent roads; guests can rent cars at the airport or organize a transfer through the hotel
- The local airstrip — which is in a cow field — is serviced by two domestic airlines
- The hotel is just outside the town of Nosara along an unpaved road, which can be tricky to navigate on foot at night
- The hotel’s beautiful, natural setting is home to birds, monkeys and other wildlife, and it’s not uncommon to come across nonvenomous spiders and scorpions on the grounds or in the rooms
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Located in Nosara, The Harmony Hotel is minutes from Safari Surf School and Nosara Beach. This 4-star hotel is within the vicinity of Nosara Wildlife Rescue and Garza Beach.
Make yourself at home in one of the 24 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Rooms have private furnished patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms with showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy body treatments and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an outdoor pool and bicycles to rent. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and a fireplace in the lobby.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, where you can enjoy drinks at a bar and dine alfresco (weather permitting). Snacks are also available at a coffee shop/café. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include multilingual staff, luggage storage, and laundry facilities. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
The rooms are spacious and the cleaning service great and everyone has their own patio. The beach is within walking distance and the waves are great for surfers and private and group lessons for surfing available.
The pool is warm, surrounded by palms and foliage filled with lizards, iguanas, and birds.
They did a great accommodating my special diet.
We hope to return next year.
We didn't stay here, but we used their salt-water swimming, took advantage of their amazing coffee shop (and treats) as well as spa services. Can highly recommend each of these. We stayed elsewhere but were permitted to use the amenities if we purchased any other services, except for the restaurant. It was for guests only. It was a lovely and relaxing afternoon. They also have a delightful little shop with a wide variety of book choices. I would definitely consider staying here on another visit.
Jungle atmosphere and the best staff
They really are helpful and accomadating
Amazing with children and just overall happy to be there.
Someone is alway up keeping the grounds and it's just a very lovely positive vibe place to be.
I'll be back for sure!
Harmony is the original place of wonderfulness in Guiones/Nosara. The lodgings are beautiful, as are all the many settings of Harmony's special features. Harmony's kitchen is excellent. The juice bar & lounge Rancho is suave but surprisingly well-priced. The yoga shala breathes a suitable air of harmony and peace and even joy. The yoga teachers Harmony employs are some of the best in Nosara.
We returned for our second visit to Harmony Hotel and once again had a fantastic stay. We had booked for 2 weeks. Always a chilled vibe with great service and staff.
On arrival we requested a different room and Jeison went out of his way to accommodate us eventually moving us to a room further away from the main path to the beach. Reason for this is it can be very noisy early in the morning with people on the way to the beach. The front office team were awesome- thank you Jeison and Juan-Carlos.
Also special thanks to barman Jeffrey who makes the best cocktails! And George who is the friendliest and most attentive waiter!
FYI the spa is awesome. Best deep tissue massage.
Note to hotel:
1) please keep swimming pool clean
2) add more chairs around pool
3) maybe provide chairs in beach area