The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal – All Inclusive
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal – All Inclusive in Cabo Velas (Playa Conchal), you’ll be close to Conchal Beach and Flamingo Beach. This 4.5-star resort is within the vicinity of Playa Brasilito and Penca Beach.
Make yourself at home in one of the 406 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and free minibar items. Rooms have private furnished balconies. 32-inch flat-screen televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with showers feature rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. After practicing your swing on the golf course, you can enjoy other recreational amenities including outdoor tennis courts and a 24-hour health club. Additional amenities at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
This resort is all inclusive. Rates include meals and beverages at onsite dining establishments. Charges may be applied for dining at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, some beverages, and other amenities.
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 9 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink from a swim-up bar or one of the 3 bars/lounges.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include express check-in, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Cabo Velas? This resort has 12703 square feet (1180 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Just got back from an 8 day stay at the Westin with my husband and two teenage boys (19/17). We had an amazing time and to be honest, I can't understand how this property has any negative reviews. I could write a book here but will try and keep it simple and review things I think are important to travelers.
1) Location - It's an hour from Liberia and easy to get to. We drove in at night (10pm) and had no real issues. (be careful driving though because we found a lot of Ticos like to ride bikes and stop in the middle of the road). Once you get on the property you really don't need to leave if you don't want to. We did though and all of our excursions were within two hours distance.
2) Accomodations - We stayed in two junior suites. They were big, clean, comfortable and had everything we needed for a week long stay. The beds could have been a little softer but that's just a personal perference. They have little mini bars that are free that they restock everyday with soda/juice and water. You can also get room service 24 hours a day.
3) Amenities - The pool is huge and a great place to hang out. We used the gym (small but adequate) and the spa (had a great mani-pedi with Paola). There are tennis and basketball courts and of course golf. Didn't play so can't comment on that. Loved the pool bar (Ahmed made the best drinks) and liked that they had organized activites like pool volleyball, dance lessons and exercise classes. The pool is definately the heart of the property. The also let you use kayaks and bikes for free.
4) Food - big deal when it's all inclusive. I was pleasantly suprised. The food in the main dining room was above average. There is always fresh juices and fruit and each night they had a different theme. We actually ate more here then the restaurants becasue we didn't want to be held to a reservation time. We loved the pizza at Spirula. We ate at Las Catalinas and Las Candelas and enjoyed them both. We felt a little rushed at Las Candelas (like they needed us to eat and get out) but the service was good.There are a lot of choices for food.
5) Staff - BEST staff I've ever seen at a resort. Top to bottom. Everyone was always friendly and helpful. The guys who drive the golf carts are great (wish I could remember more names than Edgar)... but they gave us recommendations and were always helpful and nice. The bar staff at the Imperial Bar (Byron and Juan) were fun and we enjoyed hanging out in there.
6) Cleanliness- It's a huge resort with a lot of guests etc and it was always clean. The bathrooms around the resort.. always clean. The lawns and sidewalks, clean. The restaurants, clean. I appreciate that!
7) The Beach - here is where I saw so many bad reviews. The beach isn't like a a beach in the US (like Miami). It's smaller and you can't get chairs and lay out on it. I knew what to expect so I wasn't disppointed. We headed to Tamarindo to the beach to lay out and surf. There are people trying to sell you things and services. Didn't bother us. We said no and they went away. We have travelled all over the Caribbean and this happens. We did get the best $20 dollar massages on the beach from Gabby and Lisa (you really should try this).
8) Erik Garcia - He is all over trip advisor and the Westin and we knew to look for him. If you're looking to book an excursion you can totally trust him. We waited until we got there and booked three (rafting, ATV, Jungle.volcano tour) and we loved all of them. The people he works with are all very professional and we had great experiences all the way around.
This wasn't my first time in CR but it was my families. We all loved it. PURA VIDA!
Clean, spacious rooms with comfortable bed and great AC. Room was quiet, room service was great. Pool was clean, plenty of chairs, and fun activities for all ages. Unfortunately we could only get a reservation at two of the speciality restaurants, the others were all booked (we did go on a school vacation week). The buffet was just
okay, ordered room service instead. We tried the Italian restaurant and Bamboo and enjoyed both. I would not hesitate to return. Staff were all pleasant and eager to please.
I traveled to Costa Rica with my wife and 14 year old son and 12 year old daughter. We had such a wonderful experience at this property. The layout is great, no high rises, just two story houses...The staff is very friendly, pool is enormous and the food was really good. Definitely check out La Sabana for dinner, Chef Erick is fantastic. We thought the beach was wonderful. It is a public beach, but the locales are very kind and the view is amazing (again, no high rises). If you are planning an offsite adventure, I highly recommend that you book with Erik Garcia. I can't say enough good things about our zip-lining, horseback riding, rock climbing, cliff jumping, hot springs tour. Bryan, our guide, was awesome and even took some great photos for us. He stayed with us the whole day. Look for Erik when you walk to the beach. He is right by the entrance in blue shirt and blue and white hat. We plan on returning next year and we will certainly do another excursion with Erik.
My family and I recently stayed at the Westin - Playa Conchal - we had a wonderful time. The staff couldn't have been nicer and more eager to please. The pool was fun - my boys enjoyed the various activities throughout the day.
We ate at a different restaurant every night- all good. I liked that they provided the same kids menu at each restaurant so if they didn't find something they liked ... chicken fingers was always an option. Traveling with kids .. this was a plus!
The beach is beautiful and if you are looking for any type of excursion or adventure - go see Erik Garcia on the beach. He's right when you walk onto the beach ... his name is on his hat :) I read so many reviews that I had to try ... he's the real deal. Very helpful, honest and will give you a reasonable rate- we took surf lessons and went on an all day excursion - hiking, sloths & zipline. It was one of our favorite days in Costa Rica.
Costa Rica is an amazing place - I hope to come back some day.
Had a great time with my family at the Westin. The service and staff were amazing. The resort is beautiful. Lots of animals around including monkeys, birds, pizotes, and iguana. Specialty restaurants were excellent as was common eating area. Regarding excursions, find Erik Garcia at the beach entrance. He was fantastic. Let him know what you want to see and he’ll make it happen - he was awesome. Overall, the Westin was a great experience.