Villa La Massa
What We Love
- Eating fabulous Tuscan meals outside on the riverbank at Il Verrocchio as the Arno floats by below
- Incredible views all around, whether of the Florence Duomo, the Arno or the surrounding hills, dotted with Medicean palazzos
- Combining a city break in Florence with a stay in the Tuscan semi-countryside
- The feeling of staying in a 16th-century villa – this is the type of place people pay to visit
- When Florence heats up in the summer, the area around the villa is a blissful few degrees cooler
- WiFi is free throughout the property
What To Know
- It’s five miles from the city center, though free shuttle buses will whisk you straight to the Ponte Vecchio in 15 minutes (on the hour from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- The (heated) pool is open from the end of April to early October, weather permitting
- Il Verrocchio serves great food, but expect to pay through the nose for it
- Don’t come expecting sweeping gardens and vast grounds – the feel is more a residential villa with a small garden and field out back
- This isn’t in the countryside, either – Candeli is a small village, and there are other villas in the surrounding hills
- There’s a train line nearby, but although you’ll hear noise outdoors, you won’t be disturbed inside – and you can’t see it
- The basement spa and fitness room are both tiny – but there’s a great alfresco fitness trail
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Villa La Massa in Bagno a Ripoli, you’ll be on a river and close to Villa Gamberaia and Stadio Artemio Franchi. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Costoli Pool and San Piero a Ema Church.
Make yourself at home in one of the 37 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a health club and an outdoor pool. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and wedding services. Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. A complimentary buffet breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
This amazing Villa is only 10 minutes from the rush of downtown Florence with rolling hills and serene atmosphere. The rooms are large with big modern bathrooms. Views from all windows are of the hills of Tuscany and Arno River. The hotel bar has a great mixologist and meals and the main restaurant are delicious. The grounds are spectacular to take a stroll. I look forward to another visit soon!
We wanted to celebrate our 25th anniversary in a special way. We wanted to be in an elegant, romantic atmosphere but with place s to go near by. Villa la Massa fit our desires 100%. Most of all the staff were the nicest, most attentive and professional, and accommodating people. The villa was beautiful looking over the Arno river and Tuscan hills. The restaurant was upscale
and the food was outstanding. I also took a massage and the spa was wonderful.
The grounds were well kept and the aroma of flowers were everywhere. I cannot saw enough compliments about Villa la Massa
I was invited to experience a life fresco painting exhibition held by the Iguarnieri Studio and wow what an amazing experience. All of the guests at the hotel were invited to watch and try the unique fresco painting and most of the children did! It was truly a special experience and the Artists were very generous to share their time and knowledge about the Florentine way of artisan crafts. The Iguarnieri studio is also currently showing their works inside the hotel until the end of the summer!
Villa La Massa is as good as it gets! 20 minutes out of Florence, but light years away! Old school charm and relaxing. Great breakfast to start the day. Wonderful staff . Food is very good. Nice to relax around pool.
I've been here a few years ago , and this time it's been even better , we have been given a nice suite overlooking the Arno river . Perfect service , and the shuttle going to and fro Florence is absolutely a plus , thanks also to the courtesy of the drivers and their punctuality . Excellent the Verrocchio restaurant , even if the weather did not allow to have dinners on the terrace .