Villa La Massa
What We Love
- Eating fabulous Tuscan meals outside on the riverbank at Il Verrocchio as the Arno floats by below
- Incredible views all around, whether of the Florence Duomo, the Arno or the surrounding hills, dotted with Medicean palazzos
- Combining a city break in Florence with a stay in the Tuscan semi-countryside
- The feeling of staying in a 16th-century villa – this is the type of place people pay to visit
- When Florence heats up in the summer, the area around the villa is a blissful few degrees cooler
- WiFi is free throughout the property
What To Know
- It’s five miles from the city center, though free shuttle buses will whisk you straight to the Ponte Vecchio in 15 minutes (on the hour from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- The (heated) pool is open from the end of April to early October, weather permitting
- Il Verrocchio serves great food, but expect to pay through the nose for it
- Don’t come expecting sweeping gardens and vast grounds – the feel is more a residential villa with a small garden and field out back
- This isn’t in the countryside, either – Candeli is a small village, and there are other villas in the surrounding hills
- There’s a train line nearby, but although you’ll hear noise outdoors, you won’t be disturbed inside – and you can’t see it
- The basement spa and fitness room are both tiny – but there’s a great alfresco fitness trail
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Villa La Massa in Bagno a Ripoli, you’ll be on a river and close to Villa Gamberaia and Stadio Artemio Franchi. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Costoli Pool and San Piero a Ema Church.
Make yourself at home in one of the 37 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a health club and an outdoor pool. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and wedding services. Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. A complimentary buffet breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We arrived yesterday and the place was above our expectations. Very friendly staff, we had a guided tour / intro of the hotel and enjoy the afternoon in a quiet and relaxing pool. Later had a wonderful dinner with wine tasting. Antonio was the best and all staff made us enjoy a great evening. Luisa gracias por su amabilidad, thank you all!
Exquisite experience just 15 minutes from Florence. The grounds are jaw-droppingly beautiful, every meal delicious, giant, luxury guest rooms and the staff is pure pro. It was so quiet we felt like we were the only ones there, yet others arrived by the pool and at breakfast. Nicola went out of his way to delight our family.
We have just returned from a week’s stay at this beautiful hotel. It is outside the centre of the city - a bonus for us, as we like to be away from the hustle and bustle. This is an oasis of peace and luxury. The staff are amazing. True professionals, nothing too much trouble and friendly and welcoming as well. We had booked through BA, adding a hotel to our flight and were expecting to stay in a double deluxe room, but, on arrival, we were upgraded to a suite on the first floor of the main villa and this made the stay even more special! We were also given a complimentary hand massage which was great and encouraged me to treat myself to a manicure! There was an excellent choice of food for breakfast including cooked items. The bacon and eggs etc were kept in warmed trays and my husband felt the food could have been hotter, but that is our only small criticism of an otherwise excellent experience. Meals in the restaurant are not cheap, but we treated ourselves to a celebratory dinner at the end of our stay. The food was delicious. We also ate in the bar twice where there was the possibility of a lighter meal. Again, not cheap, but beautifully prepared and tasty. A lovely little touch was the stool provided for my handbag in the main restaurant - much appreciated! We would definitely stay here again when travelling to Florence.