Villa La Massa
What We Love
- Eating fabulous Tuscan meals outside on the riverbank at Il Verrocchio as the Arno floats by below
- Incredible views all around, whether of the Florence Duomo, the Arno or the surrounding hills, dotted with Medicean palazzos
- Combining a city break in Florence with a stay in the Tuscan semi-countryside
- The feeling of staying in a 16th-century villa – this is the type of place people pay to visit
- When Florence heats up in the summer, the area around the villa is a blissful few degrees cooler
- WiFi is free throughout the property
What To Know
- It’s five miles from the city center, though free shuttle buses will whisk you straight to the Ponte Vecchio in 15 minutes (on the hour from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- The (heated) pool is open from the end of April to early October, weather permitting
- Il Verrocchio serves great food, but expect to pay through the nose for it
- Don’t come expecting sweeping gardens and vast grounds – the feel is more a residential villa with a small garden and field out back
- This isn’t in the countryside, either – Candeli is a small village, and there are other villas in the surrounding hills
- There’s a train line nearby, but although you’ll hear noise outdoors, you won’t be disturbed inside – and you can’t see it
- The basement spa and fitness room are both tiny – but there’s a great alfresco fitness trail
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Villa La Massa in Bagno a Ripoli, you’ll be on a river and close to Villa Gamberaia and Stadio Artemio Franchi. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Costoli Pool and San Piero a Ema Church.
Make yourself at home in one of the 37 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a health club and an outdoor pool. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and wedding services. Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. A complimentary buffet breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We are overlooking the Arno and basking in the Tuscan fall light. Our waiter brought a lovely Sangiovese rose, tasty dumplings and spaghetti with pesto. A dreamy meal that we highly recommend replicating!
we love travelling to Italy for romantic or family vacations.
One of the reasons we return almost every year to Tuscany is Hotel Villa La Massa.
We enjoy very much the worm hospitality ,which their great staff provides us during our stay.
Guest satisfaction is their first priority , very clean , very relaxing , and great service.
See you next year !
Third time we are visiting villa lamassa, this time with our kids. Everything there is beautiful and very well managed. Tamara and the rest of the team are always ready to help and assist in every request.
We will definitely come back!