Resort Borgo Syrah
What We Love
- Wine, art and elegant living at a beautifully restored, 18th-century Tuscan wine estate in CortonaThe amazing installations by world-famous artists scattered through the grounds
- Enjoying access to the calm oasis that is the spa – a real retreat from the outside world
- A welcome bottle of vino and a wine tasting set the tone for a relaxing stay
What To Know
- Oenophiles will fall head-over-heels at this vineyard resort
- Stay in a spacious apartment in an 18th-century villa
- Kick back by the outdoor swimming pool or explore the manicured grounds
Wine buffs, arty types and spa-lovers will be in seventh heaven with a stay at Resort Borgo Syrah in the rolling Tuscan hills, named after the famous wine which is lovingly produced in its vineyards. You wake up in a stylish contemporary apartment-suite, housed in one of the beautifully restored 18th-century, villa-style buildings, where old meets new in seamlessly blended fashion.
Elegant arches and red-tiled roofs peek through the mature trees which grow amid immaculately landscaped gardens – also home to an outdoor swimming pool and state-of-the-art spa. Roam the grounds and discover one of the striking contemporary art installations which are dotted about, along the likes of work by world-renowned artists such as Anthony Gormley and Daniel Buren.
Enjoy lunch or dinner at Osteria Borgo Syrah, which showcases local farm produce, with many ingredients plucked straight from the onsite market garden. The core and raison d’être of this place, however, is its winery and vineyards and during your stay you can get up close and personal to every aspect of wine production and savour tastings.
Even better, a small onsite shop offers wine, olive oil and other Tuscan goodies, many of which are produced on the estate.