Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Resort and Nature Reserve
What We Love
- Daily buffet breakfast made with local ingredients is included in the rate
- A traditional Costa Rican campesino experience
- The 360-degree views of mountainous, green countryside
- Walking trails through thick cloud forests
- A hotel-wide effort to promote sustainability and eco-friendly travel
- Happy hour in the lodgelike lounge
- Less than 90-minutes from the international airport in San José
- Everything in the on-site gift store is made by local artisans
- READ MORE: Find your perfect Costa Rica vacation
What To Know
- Located at the end of a winding six-mile road, the hotel can feel somewhat isolated
- The property was owned by a former Costa Rican president
- Televisions are intentionally left out of rooms to encourage guests to take pleasure in their surroundings
- The hotel makes for a perfect mountain stop-over if you’re on a short trip to Costa Rica
- Dress in layers, because it can be cold
- Clouds often obscure the mountain and valley views
- Free WiFi
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Resort and Nature Reserve in San Ramon, you’ll be in the mountains and within the vicinity of San Ramon Municipal Market and Guillermo Vargas Roldan Stadium. This 4-star hotel is within the vicinity of San Ramon Museum and San Ramon Nonato Church.
Treat yourself to a stay in one of the 35 guestrooms, featuring fireplaces. Rooms have private patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a health club and a sauna. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the area shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Resort and Nature Reserve. A complimentary full breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in San Ramon? This hotel has 86 square feet (8 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and a meeting room. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
This place was like walking in the clouds!. On a good day, one can see
Arenal volcano in the distance. Aside from the climate and general serenity of the place , the food (Albeit expensive ) and service was top notch. Climbing the rather rough terrain to get there, we got a semi flat tire that was helped upon by the employees at hand. The place has a 20 or so seat movie theater that rounds out the place. If you are looking for serenity and quiet this place is as good as gets.
This place has real charm, reminded me of a hill station in India, even get a fireplace in your room with wood and firelighters provided: nice touch! Superb grounds and surrounding cloud forest, into which you can take excellent excursions with very knowledgable and friendly ecologist guides from the hotel's own research station. Great food, interesting history, friendly staff: what more could you want?!
We loved this hotel, from the warm welcome, to the comfortable and cozy lodge; and the excellent food and drink. The bird walk and night hike were both great as was the chance to milk the cows in the on-site dairy.