Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Resort and Nature Reserve
What We Love
- Daily buffet breakfast made with local ingredients is included in the rate
- A traditional Costa Rican campesino experience
- The 360-degree views of mountainous, green countryside
- Walking trails through thick cloud forests
- A hotel-wide effort to promote sustainability and eco-friendly travel
- Happy hour in the lodgelike lounge
- Less than 90-minutes from the international airport in San José
- Everything in the on-site gift store is made by local artisans
- READ MORE: Find your perfect Costa Rica vacation
What To Know
- Located at the end of a winding six-mile road, the hotel can feel somewhat isolated
- The property was owned by a former Costa Rican president
- Televisions are intentionally left out of rooms to encourage guests to take pleasure in their surroundings
- The hotel makes for a perfect mountain stop-over if you’re on a short trip to Costa Rica
- Dress in layers, because it can be cold
- Clouds often obscure the mountain and valley views
- Free WiFi
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Resort and Nature Reserve in San Ramon, you’ll be in the mountains and within the vicinity of San Ramon Municipal Market and Guillermo Vargas Roldan Stadium. This 4-star hotel is within the vicinity of San Ramon Museum and San Ramon Nonato Church.
Treat yourself to a stay in one of the 35 guestrooms, featuring fireplaces. Rooms have private patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a health club and a sauna. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the area shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Resort and Nature Reserve. A complimentary full breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in San Ramon? This hotel has 86 square feet (8 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and a meeting room. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We were worried we might run out of things to do at Villa Blanca for our four night stay with two teenagers. Upon reflecting on our two weeks in CR, this was one of our favorite stays. We enjoyed the many trails on the property and especially loved the night tour,. The casitas were lovely and quaint. We enjoyed spending time at the farm milking the cows, enjoying the grounds, the spa and took one excursion off the property to ziplinne at San Luis Canopy which was incredible,. We hope to go back one day!
This is hotel is the perfect definition of a mountain lodge. Remote, quiet and peaceful. Nice trails that you can do on your own or with a guide. Bring a good book and enjoy the views. The road to get there is in good condition.
The haciendas were amazing and the staff was beyond compare. We had a wonderful time and especially enjoyed our nature hike. Dinner was very good and we enjoyed trying a couple of Christian's signature cocktails. Great experience!
What a great place. This property is located some distance from San Ramon (about 40 minutes), but you won’t miss the hustle and bustle of town because you’ve book a room in the closest thing to paradise. The rooms are simply decorated, but you won’t spend much time in them so you don’t need fancy. There are hikes to hike, cows to milk, hummingbirds to watch, a movie theater (if you must have digital entertainment), a fire place that is perfect to sit around before dinner, and our room had a great jacuzzi tub looking into the forest. It seems the goal here is tranquility, and they’ve nailed it. I’d like to come back here and spend a few more days next time.
The second time was just as good as the first. The staff, the food, the facilities and everything was above par. The area's natural beauty is breathtaking and preservation is taken seriously. Everything was excellent!