Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Resort and Nature Reserve
What We Love
- Daily buffet breakfast made with local ingredients is included in the rate
- A traditional Costa Rican campesino experience
- The 360-degree views of mountainous, green countryside
- Walking trails through thick cloud forests
- A hotel-wide effort to promote sustainability and eco-friendly travel
- Happy hour in the lodgelike lounge
- Less than 90-minutes from the international airport in San José
- Everything in the on-site gift store is made by local artisans
- READ MORE: Find your perfect Costa Rica vacation
What To Know
- Located at the end of a winding six-mile road, the hotel can feel somewhat isolated
- The property was owned by a former Costa Rican president
- Televisions are intentionally left out of rooms to encourage guests to take pleasure in their surroundings
- The hotel makes for a perfect mountain stop-over if you’re on a short trip to Costa Rica
- Dress in layers, because it can be cold
- Clouds often obscure the mountain and valley views
- Free WiFi
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Resort and Nature Reserve in San Ramon, you’ll be in the mountains and within the vicinity of San Ramon Municipal Market and Guillermo Vargas Roldan Stadium. This 4-star hotel is within the vicinity of San Ramon Museum and San Ramon Nonato Church.
Treat yourself to a stay in one of the 35 guestrooms, featuring fireplaces. Rooms have private patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a health club and a sauna. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the area shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Resort and Nature Reserve. A complimentary full breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in San Ramon? This hotel has 86 square feet (8 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and a meeting room. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
The beauty of the property and location, and the friendliness of the staff here was beyond compare. I can't say enough wonderful things about all of the staff that we encountered here! They were willing to go above and beyond to ensure that we were comfortable, satisfied, and informed. We even took a tour of the wilderness included on the property with one of the researchers who doubled as a guide and saw some amazing and beautiful things! Breakfast was wonderful and they even packed us a breakfast to go when our day tour was coming super early to pick us up. If you want a beautiful and relaxing retreat, this is the spot!
I wanted to add how impressed my sister and I were with the outstanding service at the hotel while I participated in my 25km trail race held there, one inconvenience came up and the manager followed up with a complementary gift and also assisted us the following day accommodating us with our checkout time! Love the follow up they had with us each time and making sure we were taken care of. Love the personnel, mood most of them had there and the beauty sorrounding the hotel. Will be back whenever possible!
Great location with splendid views. Foot trails are great for bird watching - colibris in abundance. The service and food are great. Unfortunately, the hotel rooms are outdated and would benefit from an upgrade. Also, there is no. Jew from the rooms, although the hotel is built on the top of a mountain.