Wora Bura Hua Hin Resort & Spa
What We Love
- An elegant five-star resort just moments from a white-sand beach, including breakfast and extrasThe aroma of Thai herbs in the blissfully tranquil Wora Spa
- Dining on the open-air terrace of Rak Talay Restaurant
- Taking a short stroll to Cicada Night Market to try the local street food
What To Know
- The hotel runs a free shuttle in and out of central Hua Hin
- There's not a ton of places within walking distance, but it is located across from the popular Cicada market
- WiFi is poor
Sharp lines and conceptual furnishings have been eschewed for a more romantic, old-world aesthetic at the five-star Wora Bura Hua Hin Resort & Spa. Though this luxury retreat was opened in 2005, it’s reminiscent of 19th century Thailand, with intricate architectural details and a peaceful garden setting.
There are 77 rooms, a choice of restaurants and bars, and a quiet spa where Thai and Western techniques are fused. Relax by the freeform pool or under the shade of a frangipani tree with a good read in hand. Should you wish to get sand between your toes, you won’t have to wander far; the powder-soft Hua Hin Beach is visible from the resort and a mere few minutes’ walk away.
How to Get There
We have lived here on Hua Hin 16 yes as ex pat's.Have a Villa of our own but it's nice just to get away for a day or two with friends and have fun knowing no one has to drive and basically enjoy ourselves.We stayed at Wora Bora Takiab for our first time and must say our stay was brilliant.The location gets 10 ionate/10 right on prestine beach the rooms were tastefully decorated staff were very polite and professional.The only downside we found was there pricing of good and drink,having lived here so long and paying local prices outside the hotel we found it to be quite expensive.Saying that it would not deter us from staying again
During my recent trip to Hua Hin, I was very excited to stay at the Wora Bura due to its good reviews and beautiful photos. The Gardens were lovely, the rooms were spacious and the beds in my twin room were almost doubles. Aside from this, the hotel needs to brush up on a few areas.
1. The swimming pool area: The sunbeds are tired and some are falling apart, the service around the swimming pool and the restaurant was awful, one glass was actually left by the pool for 3 days.
2. The reception: One day we waited 10 minutes and one woman actually stood behind the desk for a few minutes, looked at us and walked away before acknowledging we were there.
3. General Staff attentiveness was not good and even walking around the hotel a lot of staff were sat around chatting to each other, they were not bothered about the guests and it seemed a pretty laid back pace of life!
The service and general laziness of the staff across all areas including room cleaning which was fine but just not that crisp service you get in other hotels, was what let the hotel down majorly and was the reason I will not be visiting again.
Cicada and Tamarind market are easily within walking distance which is a definite bonus and perhaps explains the expense of the hotel compared to others in the area which are further out.
All in all it was no slum but I would not chose to stay here again.
I have stayed in many hotels throughout Hua Hin and sadly this was the worst but quite a long way. I appreciate the pool and rooms were very nice, spacious rooms with lovely touches which gave the hotel a nice charm. The pool was very large with lots of sun beds and nice view of the beach.
However, the staff were extremely un attentive, whenever we had lunch in the pool restaurant we had to go up to order, collect our own menus and it took a while or even until after we left for staff to clear anything away. There were no drinks offered around the pool nor was any clearing up done. There were glasses left for days around the side of the pool and anything we had, we had to take it in as the staff failed to do so despite there being large amount of staff sitting and chatting inside the restaurant. The room was nice however the sheets were changed very badly with the sheet shoved under the mattress and not very neatly. I appreciate I am being picky but at the price of the hotel I expected much more therefore I was disappointed.
The breakfast was adequate with everything one may want however quality wasn’t particularly high and staff (except the omelette chef) were pretty unfriendly.
I will not be choose this hotel again as there are a number of hotels which are of a much higher standard of the same if not cheaper price.
Nevertheless the pool and rooms and general feel of the hotel was pretty and I cannot deny I enjoyed my stay despite concluding no second visit.