Wora Bura Hua Hin Resort & Spa
What We Love
- An elegant five-star resort just moments from a white-sand beach, including breakfast and extrasThe aroma of Thai herbs in the blissfully tranquil Wora Spa
- Dining on the open-air terrace of Rak Talay Restaurant
- Taking a short stroll to Cicada Night Market to try the local street food
What To Know
- The hotel runs a free shuttle in and out of central Hua Hin
- There's not a ton of places within walking distance, but it is located across from the popular Cicada market
- WiFi is poor
Sharp lines and conceptual furnishings have been eschewed for a more romantic, old-world aesthetic at the five-star Wora Bura Hua Hin Resort & Spa. Though this luxury retreat was opened in 2005, it’s reminiscent of 19th century Thailand, with intricate architectural details and a peaceful garden setting.
There are 77 rooms, a choice of restaurants and bars, and a quiet spa where Thai and Western techniques are fused. Relax by the freeform pool or under the shade of a frangipani tree with a good read in hand. Should you wish to get sand between your toes, you won’t have to wander far; the powder-soft Hua Hin Beach is visible from the resort and a mere few minutes’ walk away.
How to Get There
First impression in this kidn of "Centara Hua Hin City" copy is WOW as the hotel in 1920ies style is just different to all the other modern hotel in surrounding.
BTW: First question was "I need a creditcard" ...
All the rooms are similar decorated (deluxe and grand deluxe just little difference in size), spacious and well equipped. Pool is great, beach access a pllus (sea is dirty usually)
The second look shows you the downside of the hotel:
- AGE of property is shown even well maintained: AC makes hell of noise, oldfashioned electronic system (e.g. power switch of when you leave room (chargers for mobiles disconnected), silicone in bathroom tired and with moulds
- LOCATION is far from the action in main street, you always need to walk or take taxi (we had a car)
- PROPERTY Layout: it's just - as usual - a tight "stripe" from beach maybe 50m wide and 200m to landside, compared to Centara (which is a real park), copy stays copy
- BREAKFAST is just mediocre
As a summary: for the offical rates around 6000 THB/night I see low value, even the low season rates around 3500 THB are too high because of remote location and aged facilities.
Yes it's quiet, beach access and rooms are spacious but it doesn't make 5* Acceptable rates would be around 2000-2300 THB, this is 3* hotel maximum!
I have made a reservation on 2nd Oct with a special request for king size bedrooms on the ground floor since parents whom are over 80 years accompanying. I checked in late after 3 pm. on 20th Oct but I was told I have got a twin bedroom and a king bedroom. Because my request is suject to availibility. If I prefer to stay in king bedrooms we must be staying in seperate Building. This is the best offer from a manager. If you are disatisfied with this best offer you can make a cancellation two rooms for three nights stay but nothing is refundable at all. How terrible service could be! The worst part was I rang to the staff on the reservation day to confirm my special request simply to stay next to my parents. And I have got commitment that my request already arranged noneed to reconfirm prior to visit.
Should Worabura Hua Hin Resort and Spa be considered as five stars hotel. Typical accommodation costs lesser than this but offer betterservices and no cheating like 'sujectto availibility' 'non refundable' what's a horrible experience and disappointed holidays!
My husband and I were glad we chose Wora Bura for our stay in Hua HIn. Far enough away from the busy main area but close enough to drive or even walk along the sandy beach. I must say the draw card here is the beach. White long sandy beach and calm sea. It was so clean too. Fammily Marts, restaurants, markets and massage centres so close by . You can walk to all of these no problem. Really didn't go into the main area unless we wished to visit the 2 main shopping malls which the resort provided free transport to and from. Excellent. We used the bikes they had on site to explore around the area a bit and a lovely way to get around. Breakfast choices were ample but not many choices for vegetarians, If you don't eat eggs, its a bit limited. We just enjoyed relaxing around the pool or in front of the beach. The grouns were really lovely and well kept. Staff were very friendly. Overall relaxed atmoshphere which is what you want when you are looking for somewhere to relax.