Rest Detail Hotel Hua Hin
What We Love
- Spacious rooms that measure almost 700 square feet
- The Restfully Yours spa, which offers traditional therapies like Thai massage
- Succulent barbecued seafood at the Scene restaurant in the evenings
What To Know
- Pets are not allowed
- There are partially shaded fabric cabanas available on the beach
- Advance reservations are required for spa services
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Despite the curious name, the Rest Detail Hotel offers the best of both worlds: proximity to Hua Hin’s markets and attractions, as well as a chilled-out vibe. The guest rooms are quite large, ranging from one to four bedrooms and are tricked out with niceties such as iPods and free beach accessories like a beach bag for guests to use during their stay. The spa offers a comprehensive menu of Asian healing rituals, and two restaurants serve a mix of Western, Mediterranean, and Thai fare in indoor and outdoor settings. There’s also an espresso bar and program that lets guests arrange private dinners in various corners of the romantic resort.
In the Area
About three hours by car from Bangkok, Hua Hin has long been the holiday retreat for Thailand’s royal family, as well as the city’s elites and international tourists. The resort town’s attractions include the PlearnWan vintage market and Hua Hin Night Market, plus the Klai Kangwon Palace, a 1929 Spanish-style palace that’s still the King’s summer residence. (It’s invitation-only, but you can still admire the exterior.) Hua Hin is also a premier golf destination for Thai’s and visitors to the country, and the hotel concierge can arrange tee times and transportation to eight nearby courses.
How to Get There
Stayed for 2 nights (in Rest Horizon room) during my honeymoon trip to Thailand and had great expectations for this hotel after reading all the positive reviews here but was fairly disappointed with our stay. Have listed out the pros and cons to my stay below.
- mild sewerage odour - got worse as our stay progressed especially when the a/c was turned off
- poor housekeeping, looked like a rushed job - didn't clear coffee glass and dispenser, didn't clean balcony area, sofa area messy, did not renew towels for our balcony jacuzzi
- more family oriented - may be noisy at times
- pool looks rather small
- few TV channels
- some rooms may have less privacy than required - I was able to see onto the lower floor's balcony jacuzzi
- awesome sea view - room 242 may have the best view for horizon type - highest floor and middle of the resort directly above the public pool - may witness sunrise directly from the bed if you are able to wake up before 6am
- room well designed and furnished - loved the outdoor jacuzzi and the large bathroom with bathtub
- wide breakfast spread and everything served was rather tasty - egg station with 14 types of eggs - fresh fruit juice prepared upon order
- private beach
- far from hustle and bustle of city (may be a pro or con depending on your preference)
Overall, would unlikely return to this hotel even if I do re-visit Hua Hin.
Visit rest detail hotel during summer. This place makes my family so restfully, staffs are nice and hospitality. Breakfast is good and testy. Their bed will make you feel sleepy all the time. Don’t forget to try nut candy (at room arrival) and snack (at turn down bed time) in room.
This was our third time at Rest Detail Hotel. Room is well maintained, got everything 5 star hotel should have. We were very impressed with breakfast buffet line here. With the variety of foods, the quality of ingredients and taste, these show how much they care for their clients!
Everything at this hotel is in harmony. Very good management who is doing great job. Very nice stay, amazing staff, beautiful decor. Great service, good breakfast. Couldn't rely find any fault. Surely will stay again when in Hua Hin
Excellent hotel. Attention to details. Extraordinary design. Professional staff. Amazing sunrise views . In a quiet area of the city. Hotel provides regular free shuttle minibus downtown. It is a hotel for those who need a relaxing holiday. Breakfast excellent with natural juices made on the spot. Show cooking . All in all a hotel to go back to .