Rest Detail Hotel Hua Hin
What We Love
- Spacious rooms that measure almost 700 square feet
- The Restfully Yours spa, which offers traditional therapies like Thai massage
- Succulent barbecued seafood at the Scene restaurant in the evenings
What To Know
- Pets are not allowed
- There are partially shaded fabric cabanas available on the beach
- Advance reservations are required for spa services
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Despite the curious name, the Rest Detail Hotel offers the best of both worlds: proximity to Hua Hin’s markets and attractions, as well as a chilled-out vibe. The guest rooms are quite large, ranging from one to four bedrooms and are tricked out with niceties such as iPods and free beach accessories like a beach bag for guests to use during their stay. The spa offers a comprehensive menu of Asian healing rituals, and two restaurants serve a mix of Western, Mediterranean, and Thai fare in indoor and outdoor settings. There’s also an espresso bar and program that lets guests arrange private dinners in various corners of the romantic resort.
In the Area
About three hours by car from Bangkok, Hua Hin has long been the holiday retreat for Thailand’s royal family, as well as the city’s elites and international tourists. The resort town’s attractions include the PlearnWan vintage market and Hua Hin Night Market, plus the Klai Kangwon Palace, a 1929 Spanish-style palace that’s still the King’s summer residence. (It’s invitation-only, but you can still admire the exterior.) Hua Hin is also a premier golf destination for Thai’s and visitors to the country, and the hotel concierge can arrange tee times and transportation to eight nearby courses.
How to Get There
We arrived at the hotel in the evening, the receptionist are very well greeting . We reserved rest horizon room as last year. We got the discount of old customers also. The room has many facilities for us and the breakfast lines are very wonderful!!^^
My friend had a wedding at this hotel and invited a hundred guests. The hotel environment is nice. The room is comfortable. The wedding decorations were nice. The only thing not so satisfactory is for the wedding banquet. It’s supposed to be a seafood buffet. But I was not able to taste a single piece of seafood! When it started, there was a long line. So I turned to have some salad first. When finished I went to look for some seafood but found that most pots were empty and there’s no sign of seafood anymore! It’s surprisingly disappointing!
My husband booked this hotel via a Expedia and noticed the booking form didn’t show the room type. My husband insisted he booked a pool villa while we were guided to a standard room. The staff showed a helpless look at me without doing anything until I asked her to call and confirmed our booking again. I checked the latest booking website and found the price we paid matches the pool villa room which is about doubled of a standard one. The staff insisted that the room type is not specified in the booking form. We called Expedia on the next day and explained the situation. The call lasted for one hour and issue were not resolved.
1. The staff at the hotel (albeit looking friendly) never offered to help even though we raised our concern repeatedly;
2. We found one of the receptions were browsing a gambling website while we passed by;
3. Very limited choice on food and facilities and even amenities are limited (First time I am in a hotel in Thailand which doesn’t provide toothbrush until you request - although in some countries it is very normal);
4. The booking form shows 18 years old + but apparently there are kids in the hotel;
5. Some smell of vomit on the blanket;
6. Location is not the most convenient and need to take 10-15 mins for taxi most of the time.
On the flip side:
1. It is generally clean
2. It is close to the beach and the quieter side of the beach
3. It provides bicycle free of charge for 2 hours