Premium Porto Downtown
What We Love
- A contemporary hotel in the centre of historic Porto, with optional breakfast and moreThe 360º view rooftop sun terrace with bar and uninterrupted views of the city
- The central location in the historic centre of Porto, within walking distance of the city's best
- The modern, light-filled rooms with huge, comfy beds
What To Know
- The hotel is centrally located and within walking distance of many of Porto's hotspots; the city is notoriously hilly, however, so prepare for a lot of up and down
- The hotel has a nearby garage where parking is 9 €/day
- Free WiFi is hit or miss
Enjoy the soft light and elegantly faded details of Porto from the panoramic rooftop and comfortable interiors of the Premium Porto Downtown. Relax and recharge in bright, modern rooms with all the facilities and personal attention you would expect from a four star hotel. Premium Porto Downtown features charming contemporary details throughout, fluffy bathrobes, marble-detailed bathrooms, and a spacious, stylish sun terrace.
The excellent, central location in the historic centre of Porto means you are in walking distance of the best of the city; blue azulejo facades of ancient towers, churches, and train stations, restaurants and cafes where you can sample traditional Portuguese fare – don’s miss the custard tarts and Francesinha, Porto’s famous beefed (or sausaged!) up Croque-Monsieur. Winding through the centre, the mighty Douro river and its Eiffel-esque Dom Luis I Bridge connect you to the famous Port wine cellars and the delicious tastings within.
How to Get There
We stayed in a twin room for 3 nights. The room was very small and in need of better planning. Barely any storage for clothing and no mirror near any plug sockets. Bathroom in need of updating too. Extractor fan didn't work. The towels are almost grey rather than white. View was a building site. Just not what you would expect for a 4 star hotel and an expensive one.
A little away from the main tourist areas (5 minutes walk only) so nice and quiet for me, with one of the best rooftop bars I've come across. Excellent breakfast. Good rooms and facilities and superb, friendly staff.
Good location near main shopping malls and lots of good restaurants. The reception desk was helpful and nice. The hotel has good clean rooms and very helpful and friendly staff. Perfect the day on the roof top bar for breakfast. The bathrooms were a good size but not much counter space and the sink faucet were automatic which was annoying since you could not control timing and temperature (cold only)