Dorsett Grand Subang Hotel
What We Love
- A sleek, five-star spa hotel near Kuala Lumpur, with breakfast and a welcome drinkBeing so close to the achingly hip bars and glitzy malls of Kuala Lumpur
- Cantonese culinary thrills at super-stylish restaurant The Emperor
- Being pampered in lovely spa
What To Know
- Just 15 minutes from the capital, Kuala Lumpur
- Sweeping views from the floor-to-ceiling windows in the guestrooms
- Popular hotel for business travelers
As SouthEast Asia’s rising star, Malaysia wows with colonial architecture, rolling green hills, tribal villages and glistening white sands. But it’s the space-age and neck-straining glass and steel skyscrapers of Kuala Lumpur that really dazzle, which is why the location of this upscale crash-pad just 15 minutes from the capital could not be better.
Set in the heart of Subang Jaya with the township’s mega-sized shopping malls, art galleries, restaurants and state-of-the-art attractions on your doorstep, there’s enough to keep you busy from dawn until dusk. However, if the action all gets a little too fast-paced, you’re assured respite by way of the hotel’s full-service spa, state-of-the-art gym, and superb dining options.
Each of the 478 rooms and suites impress with fashion-forward décor; expect neutral hues, contemporary fixtures and fittings, and good-size beds dressed with luxe bedlinen. There’s also fully-stocked minibars that are replenished daily, great-looking bathrooms, a larger-than-average selection of in-room gadgetry, and floor-to-ceiling windows for cracking Kuala Lumpur views.
How to Get There
I stayed here because the other hotels nearer Sunway Lagoon were fully booked. Generally I do not regret staying here.
Firstly, I was given additional information that I did not know if the front desk staff did not tell me, e.g. breakfast was included, upgrade to deluxe room, free mocktail.
Secondly, it reflects well on the company culture that most of the staff are from the country itself.
However, when I opted for the availability of the mini-bar as one of the upgrades, there was nothing in the fridge as I had expected some soft drinks and/or titbit in the fridge. To be fair, I did not ask the front desk staff about it as I was too tired to do so.
1. I live the nostalgic feel in this hotel.
2. Our business dinner was well organised.
3. The General Manager Ms. Christina was present to ensure that the event ran well.
4. Staffs were very helpful.
5. Beautiful property and well maintained.
6. The hotel was busy compared to the rest of the city hotels.
The hotel location is located near SJMC, which is i stayed because of SJMC Run 2019. I came with my small family just because of this running event. Basically, this hotel is suitable fo business function, family who is going to visit patient at SJMC, or organizing events since they have a lot of parking spaces and function room.
Nice location and Food Panda or Grab Foods can always deliver food to this location
Lot of parking spaces
Hotel room is nice
Near to the local restaurants