The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
With a stay at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, you’ll be centrally located in Parkway Museum District, steps from Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul and Academy of Natural Sciences. This 4.5-star hotel is close to Liberty Bell Center and Independence Hall.
Make yourself at home in one of the 391 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an indoor pool and a fitness center. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and a fireplace in the lobby.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily from 6:30 AM to 11 AM for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
My son and I had the best stay at the Logan.. from the warm welcome, to the great salt water pool to the suite with a pool table and a great view- we had a truly memorable experience. The staff is warm and welcoming and went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay and the location is ideal- we were able to walk to the museums from the hotel!
The Logan was an excellent alternative to our original location pick (Penn Inn was full). The Logan served us well. Pricing for food, parking, and room is a bit high but comparable to other locations of this caliber in the area. The purpose of this Philly visit was for a Drexel Parents Weekend. So, the hotel wasn't super convenient to the Drexel campus but we were close enough to a subway/trolley stops for it not to be a big deal. Staff was exceptionally friendly. We utilized the Hilton app with digital key request along with the mobile check-out. Doing this is very easy and efficient when you don't want to be tied up at the front desk. We still like being closer to campus for Drexel visits but will definitely keep The Logan in mind for City visits.
I quite liked The Logan.
- The atmosphere was modern yet still sophisticated, upscale yet still comfortable and not stuffy, large, but not big box - you get the idea!
- Great options for dining and libations: Lobby bar, Urban Farmer (bar and chop house), a rooftop bar, a coffee shop, and 24/7 room service. Again, all had a really great atmosphere. I love the look of this place!
- Amenities include an expansive gym, a lovely indoor pool, a nice outdoor courtyard, and a spa that was voted best of Philly.
- Room cleanliness was impeccable. I have to commend the housekeeper servicing 359 during the weekend of 11/2-5. She and all of the housekeepers on our floor always smiled and said hello.
- We were able to check-in early and we received an upgrade looking over Logan Square with beautiful views and the windows open slightly to allow fresh air. The room is large and the bathroom is spacious. In-room amenities included a super comfy robe, shoe horn, safe, lockable closet, mini-fridge, wine glasses, a Keurig coffeemaker, and really nice bath products.
No major cons here - just my nitpicks.
- The lobby bar was closed one evening for a private event. There are 2 other bars in the hotel, so you still have options...it was just that we specifically wanted to go to the lobby bar that evening - silly, I know.
- The fire alarm went off around 4 or 5 a.m...no fault of the hotel, those things happen all the time, but we never got any direction or explanation as to what happened.
- The AC unit didn't see to cool how I wanted it to, but my fault for not mentioning it to the hotel.
- Service was good, but nothing special. It was more of the vibes and location of the hotel that sold it for me.
Stayed on a business trip last month, hotel was top notch in every way. I little high end compared to what I would pay for on a family trip. But could not find a thing to complain about. Across from a park and walking distance to multiple restaurants and museums.
Hotel was a nice location with great views. Restaurants and Bars were nice. Coffee shop was only available in the morning. Room Cleanliness was inconsistent during stay and did trash was not taken some days. Very odd for a Hotel of this price.