Stoney Rest Guest House
What We Love
- A full country breakfast is included with your stay
- The hotel faces 42-acre Macungie Memorial Park
- Cat lovers will adore the spa’s two regal resident kitties
- The Bear Creek Ski Area is nearby
What To Know
- The spa gets booked up quickly, so reservations are a must
- WiFi and parking are free
- Guests' pets and children under 12 are not allowed
- Adults Only
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Set among beautifully manicured gardens opposite the rambling green space that is Macungie Memorial Park, this diminutive stone inn is big on making guests feel right at home, with free treats like fresh flowers, locally-made chocolates, and tea and coffee with home-baked snacks on offer. The four guest rooms are a study in feminine exuberance, all iron beds, canopies, and flounces. Folksy touches like American quilts, jars of fresh flowers, and whimsical ceramics add to the homey feel. The well-priced spa offers a range of great treatments, from anti-aging facials to hot stone massages, with its very own full-service hair salon.
In the Area
Go antiquing and foraging for treasures at Renninger’s Market, which has hundreds of vendors, then head to Allentown Fairgrounds, where you can stock up on Amish baked goods. Get into the hearty country spirit at Buckeye Tavern in Macungie, a local roadhouse in operation since 1735, that serves calorific dishes like buffalo chicken dip, Buckeye pierogis and deep-fried dill pickle spears.