The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
What We Love
- The Centerfield Suite is decorated with memorabilia from Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio, who lived here while they were married in the 1950s
- People-watching in the elegant lobby, which is always busy and has its own bar
- The spacious, well-equipped fitness center is open 24 hours
What To Know
- Rooms on lower floors can be noisy – ask for an upper-story room
- There are complimentary water bottles, great for toting around the city as you sightsee
- There's complimentary coffee in the lobby, and a Starbucks as well
- Luggage can be stored after check-out, but there’s a fee per bag (waived for Marriott Rewards members)
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Location is a big draw for this hotel, which is close to many New York attractions and meeting points including Grand Central Terminal, but the historic building also offers comfortable accommodation and appealing public spaces—particularly the lobby, which has nooks and crannies for reading, an eye-catching art collection, and a buzzy bar. Purple or orange headboards give a pop of color to the rooms, which are hung with Jazz Age-inspired art in homage to the hotel’s inception in 1929. Plush beds and Garnier-Thiebaut linens make for a restful night’s sleep, and the elegant bathrooms have well-restored original marble that fits in with their up-to-the-minute design. The sitting rooms in the suites all have pullout couches, good for families, while the poshest have private terraces.
In the Area
Just four blocks from the East River, this enormous hotel is handy for travelers, as it’s just a couple of blocks from Grand Central. Both the Chrysler and Empire State buildings are within walking distance. A few blocks west you’ll find the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, and St. Patrick’s Cathedral, but the area’s real attraction are the fabulous New York restaurants nearby; try Aquavit for minimalist Scandinavian food that’s won two Michelin stars, then follow it up with a cocktail at Monkey Bar, a swanky and romantic bar that draws a chic crowd who love its dim lights, cheeky wall art, and “old Manhattan” ambience.
How to Get There
On Lexington this hotel is perfect for a City break or business trip.
Best thing about it is the cool bar area.
Rooms quite small but its New York so normal here but all in all a good hotel. Cool vibe throughout
Nicely renovated hotel in great location in Midtown NYC. Staff was very nice and even upgraded my room since I was checking out early. And it's part of the Bonvoy network so you can earn or redeem your Marriott points.
We just completed a 2 night stay here. This is now my “go to” hotel in NYC. It is in an excellent location- midtown and a short walk to grand central. Staff is very professional. Room was a bit small, but about average by NYC standards. A nice hotel bar. There is a Starbucks in the building. A very fair price for a room. An excellent choice in Manhattan.