Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello
What We Love
- The cozy Swiss ski–lodge vibe
- Country-chic rooms with French windows
- Feasting on Quebecois favorites — like sugar pie — in your room or at the La Seigneurie Bistro
- The plethora of year-round activities including horseback riding, canoeing and cross-country skiing
- The lobby’s commanding centerpiece: a six-sided, 65-foot stone fireplace
- Family-friendly programs year-round, from mini-golf to pontoon boat cruises
What To Know
- The property is about 15 minutes from town, so you’ll need to rely on a rental car or taxis
- At 210 square feet, the Fairmont Rooms are a bit tight
- Furnishings have begun to show their age
- Day activities and excursions are not included — budget ahead of time
- Free WiFi available when signing up for the free Fairmont President’s Club
- Dress appropriately for cold, dry winters, when temperatures barely reach 20° Fahrenheit
- Nightlife at the hotel is limited
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello in Montebello, you’ll be on a river and minutes from Manoir-Papineau National Historic Site and Sanctuaire Notre-Dame d’Etchemin. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Camp Explora and Omega Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 211 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Cable television is provided for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. While the golfer in the family is out on the course, you can enjoy above-par recreational amenities such as outdoor tennis courts and a health club. This resort also features concierge services, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and an arcade/game room.
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
We visited in November (first snowfall). Nice romantic spot.
1 - The place is huge and the staff don't necessarily tell you about all of the amenities available.
2 - The fireplaces are awesome to cozy up to, but they really generate a lot of heat. Our room was located near the elevator (i.e., near the fireplace) and the temp got up to 26 degrees overnight. We switched the heat to fan, but were not able to get the room temp to go much lower than 25.
3 - As some have mentioned, the cost of an overnight stay is quite high. This includes a resort fee, which gives you free parking and likely other things (pool access, etc.).
4 - Expect to pay top dollar for your meals. The food is good, but not necessarily worth the price.
We were 4 women for a friends birthday. Received a 20% discount because we were members of fadoq'. Two of us stayed in the non renovated rooms, the other two in the renovated section. Dinner was incredibly expensive and bread was $6.00. Not worth the price at all. We all ordered one of the least expensive items which was the Halibut at $38.00. Breakfast was crazy! $29.00 for a buffet but if we wanted a la carte coffee itself would have been $5.00. Bread came from POM bakery!! For $29.00 it would be nice to have an assortment of breads similar to the one at supper where we paid $6.00 for half a small loaf!! The room was $232.00 , no beverages. My friend received a small card and a tiny box of chocolates for her birthday. All in all the place is nice and cozy but just too expensive.
Chateau Montebello is a historic site left over from Canada's rich railway history. Epicurians will be charmed by the exquisite cuisine offered. Gigantic fireplaces domimate the great hall and ample seating arojnd the 6 sides are perfect for chatting or reading. Rooms are recently renovated. Resort fees include access to an Olympic sized pool, 3 jacuzzis, curling rink, etc.