Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello
What We Love
- The cozy Swiss ski–lodge vibe
- Country-chic rooms with French windows
- Feasting on Quebecois favorites — like sugar pie — in your room or at the La Seigneurie Bistro
- The plethora of year-round activities including horseback riding, canoeing and cross-country skiing
- The lobby’s commanding centerpiece: a six-sided, 65-foot stone fireplace
- Family-friendly programs year-round, from mini-golf to pontoon boat cruises
What To Know
- The property is about 15 minutes from town, so you’ll need to rely on a rental car or taxis
- At 210 square feet, the Fairmont Rooms are a bit tight
- Furnishings have begun to show their age
- Day activities and excursions are not included — budget ahead of time
- Free WiFi available when signing up for the free Fairmont President’s Club
- Dress appropriately for cold, dry winters, when temperatures barely reach 20° Fahrenheit
- Nightlife at the hotel is limited
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello in Montebello, you’ll be on a river and minutes from Manoir-Papineau National Historic Site and Sanctuaire Notre-Dame d’Etchemin. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Camp Explora and Omega Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 211 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Cable television is provided for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. While the golfer in the family is out on the course, you can enjoy above-par recreational amenities such as outdoor tennis courts and a health club. This resort also features concierge services, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and an arcade/game room.
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
Enjoyed my stay. Staff was just excellent. Fantastic location, very good accommodations. Best breakfast location of any hotel I have ever been staying at. The whole location is just marvelous, and being in a wooded location is just ferric.
I wrote a full review on their website, but generally speaking this resort has great potential because of is setting and amenities. However, you will feel like an unwelcome distant relative who has overstayed their welcome upon arrival. Staff were very cold, and unhelpful in a lot of interactions.
This grand old bulding is spectacular set in extensive grounds that offer a wide range of activities such as walking, biking, and exploring te nearby Montebello village. Fabulously comfortable room, great staff and all you could want.