Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello
What We Love
- The cozy Swiss ski–lodge vibe
- Country-chic rooms with French windows
- Feasting on Quebecois favorites — like sugar pie — in your room or at the La Seigneurie Bistro
- The plethora of year-round activities including horseback riding, canoeing and cross-country skiing
- The lobby’s commanding centerpiece: a six-sided, 65-foot stone fireplace
- Family-friendly programs year-round, from mini-golf to pontoon boat cruises
What To Know
- The property is about 15 minutes from town, so you’ll need to rely on a rental car or taxis
- At 210 square feet, the Fairmont Rooms are a bit tight
- Furnishings have begun to show their age
- Day activities and excursions are not included — budget ahead of time
- Free WiFi available when signing up for the free Fairmont President’s Club
- Dress appropriately for cold, dry winters, when temperatures barely reach 20° Fahrenheit
- Nightlife at the hotel is limited
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello in Montebello, you’ll be on a river and minutes from Manoir-Papineau National Historic Site and Sanctuaire Notre-Dame d’Etchemin. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Camp Explora and Omega Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 211 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Cable television is provided for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. While the golfer in the family is out on the course, you can enjoy above-par recreational amenities such as outdoor tennis courts and a health club. This resort also features concierge services, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and an arcade/game room.
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
Visited for drinks whilst on a road trip. Absolutely amazing chateau.. absolutely stunning. The structure has to be seen. Very festive at this time of the year. I believe there are various activities offered however did not partake. Sat by the open fire relaxing...heaven :-) only wish is that I could have stayed over
Really enjoying taking a break at mo rebellion. The charm of this beautiful place and warmth of the fireplace on the lobby keeps us wanting to come back every year. The wonderfulfood and the staff are just an added bonus. They certainly make sure you enjoy yourself. A must visit place if you have never been!
Montebello has a lot to offer as a quick escape from Ottawa, but I wouldn't want to spend a whole week here, especially in the Fall/Winter, when there's maybe a bit less to do outdoors.
The hotel is a relaxing spot, very nicely decorated, and the buffet breakfast was a treat (we got the Bed & Breakfast package, with a 2x Queen room and breakfast for 2 adults for 530$ a night - NOTHING here is ever cheap, but this was my third visit so it continues to be a nice place to go for the weekend). Staff was very accommodating to the kids, who very much enjoyed the indoor pool and the breakfast lounge.
If you want to pamper yourself you need to spend a few nights at this exceptional hotel. A beautiful original looking hotel with superior service and great amenities. I would highly recommend the spa to anyone for a super relaxing experience.
We arrived in chateau Montebello with a reservation for a night stay and we were in formed that there were no rooms for us. We had made the reservation prepaid in Europe and the local agents Welcomebeds were responsable for it. The solution for the night was a local B&B and the hotel Director assured we would receive the amount we paid. After 4 months we had nothing in return. So if you have a reservation thru Welcomebeds watch out.