Lapa Rios Eco Lodge
What We Love
- Jetsetter 2015 Best of the Best Finalist: Best Eco-Lodge
- Three meals per day, non-alcoholic and non-mixed drinks and three on-site guided tours are included in the Jetsetter rate
- Lapa Rios’ commitment to the principles of eco-tourism and supporting the local community?
- Experiencing a living model of sustainability ?
- The sounds of howler monkeys, the sights of squirrel monkeys and macaws?
- Bungalows and walkways constructed of local materials and using endemic Suiita palms?
- Stunning sunsets?
- Your private, outdoor garden shower
- READ MORE: Find your perfect Costa Rica vacation
What To Know
- No Internet, phone access or cell phone coverage at the lodge
- Pack light – the internal flight to Puerto Jimenez allows only 25 pounds per person?
- Expect plenty of bugs
- No air conditioning but great natural breezes and ceiling fans?
- Specific dietary requirements must be provided prior to arrival?
- The sole self-guided trail is limiting?
- Guests should be physically fit enough to walk and hike around Lapa Rios?
- A $26 international departure tax must be paid at the airport when leaving Costa Rica
- Eco friendly
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
When you stay at Lapa Rios Eco Lodge in Puerto Jimenez, you’ll be on the waterfront and convenient to Pan Dulce Beach. This hotel is within the region of Corcovado National Park Office and Puerto Jimenez Pier.
Make yourself at home in one of the 16 guestrooms. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Rooms have private furnished balconies. Private bathrooms with showers feature rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries.
Pamper yourself with onsite massages or enjoy recreation amenities such as an outdoor pool. Additional amenities include gift shops/newsstands, wedding services, and tour/ticket assistance. Getting to the surf and sand is a breeze with the complimentary beach shuttle.
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of Lapa Rios Eco Lodge. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry services, multilingual staff, and luggage storage. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary (available 24 hours).
How to Get There
Stayed here years ago. Returned this time to have lunch and cocktails. Excellent lunch. A vegan option for lunch (a pasta) and two vegan tapas (a vegan ceviche and a tapas for 2 with corn tortillas, guacamole, pick de Gallo, and something delicious I don’t recall the name of. Hubby had an IPA made in Costa Rica and I had 2 excellent cocktails. IPA was $9, cocktail was $10 or $11. We sat outside on deck and had toucans feeding above us along with a fiery bilked aracari. Beautiful spot and TERRIFIC lunch. Service was good.
We returned for our 10th anniversary and everything was perfect! Lapa Rios has provided a highly eco friendly atmosphere and sustainability is at the forefront of their mission. The staff could not be more accommodating and friendly. Thank you!!
Absolutely amazing. The animals, the whales, the food and the views. The best place we stayed in Costa Rica and we’ve recommended it to friends who are coming next year. Superb. Would do it all again!
One of our favorite family trips! We traveled all over Costa Rica but Lapa Rios wins as favorite. It is hard to describe just what it is like to wake up listening to the sounds of the jungle, see the sun stretch out across the sky, waves and beach below, and feel you are part of it all. And you can watch it unfold from your bed, with a freshly delivered cup of coffee or hot chocolate! Informative guides, day trip adventures available. The property itself is teeming with animals and amenities that are eco-conscious. Even getting there is an adventure! Definitely on the return list!
We decided to go to Lapa Rios because we are Birdwatching Couple but we found in Lapa, so much attention to each detail, they include so many daily tours, fresh food prepared so yummy that you say, I want to stay and not go back. If you love nature a place not to miss and its people always ready to make your stay memorable