What We Love
- The vertical garden and modern firepits in the courtyard
- The art, all by Oregon photographers, painters and sculptors
- Riviera-inspired food at Nel Centro, headed up by one of the Portland’s most celebrated chefs
- Walk to everything: waterfront, galleries, concert venues and restaurants
- iPad in the lobby for guests to use
- Read more about what to see and do in Portland, Oregon in our magazine section
What To Know
- Valet parking is $27 per night
- The three executive boardrooms are actually inviting, not your standard-issue hotel conference rooms
- No fitness center on the premises, but free access to 24-Hour Fitness, just across the street
- Two forms of public transportation — the MAX and the streetcar — are just a few short blocks away
- The hotel was last renovated in June 2008
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Hotel Modera, you’ll be centrally located in Portland, steps from Wells Fargo History Museum and Keller Fountain Park. This 4-star hotel is close to Portlandia and Moda Center.
Make yourself at home in one of the 174 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters. Digital programming and iPod docking stations are provided for your entertainment, while wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Take in the views from a garden and make use of amenities such as wireless Internet access (surcharge) and complimentary use of a nearby fitness facility.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar and a garden view. You can also stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include limo/town car service, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Portland? This hotel has 2732 square feet (254 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
This is a 5 story hotel, but it feels intimate. Skip the chain hotels and stay here. The front desk was great, particularly Damien, who was charming and professional. There is an amenity fee, but you get use of the fitness club down the street and some free snacks in your room. Really nice restaurant and outdoor patio area. Everything you need is within walking distance, the hotel is in a nice area. Great value , and a fun place with unique decor.
Great hotel and staff! We stayed during the protest weekend (spaced it), however the staff was extremely accommodating, providing both warnings and information regarding the rally. We continued our anniversary weekend and the room exceeded expectations at a reasonable rate. We will be back!
Portland hotels are expensive. I'm in the travel industry, and even I don't want to pay the $300 plus per night rates. I also don't want to stay in a Motel 6. That's why I stay at the Hotel Zags.
It is just a few blocks away from the waterfront, Pioneer Square and the park blocks. The hotel is fantastic - very trendy, clean and the staff is wonderful. By far the best value in downtown Portland. Overnight parking is roughly $42 per night. If you don't need a car, and can get to where you want by Uber or scooter. The hotel even "rents" bikes and skateboards for free.