Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa
What We Love
- Privacy is king at the sprawling hotel with terraces climbing up the Laguna hills
- The cozy terracotta-tiled spa features a saltwater hot tub and an array of treatments
- Romantic, old-world ambience enhanced by lush landscaping and killer ocean views
What To Know
- European breakfast buffet is served daily
- The location is south of the Laguna Beach strand, but there aren’t many bars or restaurants within walking distance so you may want to rent a car
- It’s a couple’s retreat where guests tend to keep to themselves and turn in early
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Originally built in the 1920s, the intimate 22-room property charms with the sepia feel of a Spanish posada, from the sunset-viewing tower to the painted tiled floors and stained glass windows. The views of the ocean bring to mind the Costa Brava, especially when viewed from the pool deck or one of the many tiled terraces. The inn’s multi-level open spaces, lush landscaping and scattered water features provide a serene retreat from the sand and surf.
Bed and Bath
The property’s labyrinthine layout of terraces, staircases and arches ensure that the rooms feel private. Each has its own character, layout, local artists’ works, and a unique feature like a cozy window seat or canvas hammock. All guests are assured at least 200 square feet of space, Cowshed bath products, and a queen- or king-size bed covered with fine linens. The deluxe rooms and above all have coastline vistas, and the Cottage has a large claw-foot spa tub perfectly placed for watching the sun set.
Make an appointment for a spa treatment, and you get exclusive access to the cozy terracotta-tiled spa. Or, schedule your deep tissue massage for the terrace that sits a few levels above the small heated pool, and then end with some cucumber water or iced tea on tap on the pool deck and a soak in the saltwater hot tub that’s reservation-only.
In the Area
Beach-hopping is a way of life in Laguna Beach, which has some of Southern California’s best stretches of sand, starting up at Monument Point and Crescent Bay’s seal-bedecked island down to Treasure Island Park’s sweet seclusion. The area has plenty of perfect engagement photo shoot backdrops, but the ultimate is Victoria Street Beach with its Rapunzel-esque tower and rock jetties creating oceanic waterfalls. It’s a short walk from the inn, but the town’s other attractions require a car ride, like all of the art galleries and the Laguna Art Museum, worth a visit for its free West Coast-culled collection.
How to Get There
My husband and I traveled to California for vacation and to celebrate a milestone anniversary. We chose this hotel for the “beach” portion of our trip based on excellent TripAdvisor reviews.
- Beautiful, historic boutique hotel; we loved the Spanish Colonial architecture and all of the charming areas throughout the property (as well as the views of the Pacific Ocean!)
- Location: Pacific Coast Highway, about 1.5 miles south of downtown Laguna Beach, in walking distance to several beaches
- We received a complimentary room upgrade! The decor and attention to detail were great, even the ceilings were pretty; in-room extras included bathrobes and a beach bag (with beach towels and walking directions to a nearby beach)
- Comfortable bed
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary breakfast buffet (including a number of healthy options!)
- Complimentary welcome drinks (sangria!)
- Complimentary parking
- Outdoor heated pool
- Lots of special touches like complimentary sunscreen, fresh fruit and cold water at the pool; we even received an anniversary gift!
- Onsite spa and hot tub
- Friendly staff
- Nightly resort fee
- Our room was on the small side
- The parking spaces were on the tight side
- The hot tub was only available for use if booked through the spa
- If you don’t want to drive, there is a complimentary trolley with service to the downtown; you can download a free “tracker” app for trolley updates
We loved our experience at this unique hotel; it was so peaceful and relaxed. We would definitely recommend this hotel to family & friends!
My friend and I stayed here for a little Staycation. We wanted a nice spa experience and oh my did we get just that. When we arrived at this gorgeous gem of a Hotel ... we were greeted at the front Desk by Zaman the GM. He checked us in and showed us to our room ... which they decided to UPGRADE! He did offer us a glass of sangria and explained about the morning breakfast and coffee bar and also the other amenities around the hotel.
The hotel room was beautiful and had that casa feel to it and that was proven throughout the entire hotel. With only 23 rooms the entire place seemed like it was all yours. Nice and quiet and beautiful decor all around. The room itself was facing the water and had a little balcony. It was clean and the bed was comfy!
The pool was nice a peaceful. Lounge chairs and the water was nice and a perfect temp to just walk right in. We schedule a massage which was amazing and right after we rented the wellness soak tub, which is a private tub located up a little stair case overlooking the pool. They provided us with a comp bottle of rose and we order a cheese plate while we enjoyed the ocean view and a soak in the nice spa.
The comp breakfast in the morning was a nice little treat. Fruits-fresh breads-sausages-eggs-yogurt and granola ... and a coffee bar was provided. We would walk to get our breakfast and enjoy it in our room. It was a nice little treat in the morning.
I do plan on staying here again. It was so peaceful and the perfect spa experience. Zaman and the entire staff truly went above and beyond to make you feel extra special.
We totally enjoyed our weekend stay at Casa Laguna. It is a very nice property, with great ocean views and a short walk to the beach. They greet you with a wonderful glass of Sangria when you check into the Hotel. The hotel staff was great too.