Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach
What We Love
- Two free bottles of water are refreshed daily in guestrooms
- Free WiFi in guestrooms
- Prime oceanfront location — the resort has a footbridge over Pacific Coast Highway that connects the grounds to the beach
- Spacious rooms feature private balconies, marble baths and 42-inch flat-screen TVs
- Gorgeous lagoon-style swimming pool with an adjacent firepit for toasting marshmallows under the stars
- Family-friendly amenities, from the Slyders Water Playground to bicycle rentals and private surf lessons
- Great selection of six on-site restaurants and bars, plus a small grocery store
What To Know
- A $23 per night resort fee will be collected upon checkout by Jetsetter
- The resort is family-oriented; depending on how many kids are running around, the resort might not be suited to a romantic getaway
- The resort is sprawling — getting around could be a challenge for very young or old guests
- Room locations vary greatly — some face the loud lobby area or the kids pool — and not all offer ocean views
- The walk into downtown Huntington Beach (10-15 minutes) may be too far for some travelers; the hotel runs a shuttle for an additional fee
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach in Huntington Beach (Huntington Beach – North Beaches), you’ll be convenient to Huntington Beach Pier and Huntington State Beach. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of International Surfing Museum and Huntington Beach Art Center.
Make yourself at home in one of the 517 guestrooms featuring refrigerators and iPod docking stations. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters. Rooms have private balconies or patios. 42-inch flat-screen televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a complimentary water park, a health club, and an outdoor pool. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, supervised childcare/activities, and an arcade/game room.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the resort’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a 24-hour business center, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Huntington Beach? This resort has 52000 square feet (4831 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
Hyatt is a great please to host your company event or special occasion. I recommend it to anyone who wants to get away and enjoy the local sites or just come and relax. There is something to do on property or near by.
The resort grounds are spacious and beautiful, not to mention that this hotel has direct access to the beach. Wonderful stay. Rooms are very nice and the staff is exceptional. Watertable was a great dining experience.
There walls are so thin that I could actually hear the person in the next room snoring! I would expect a more comfortable room for the price. The room was nice otherwise. I do not recommend staying here.
We stayed for a conference and had a great rate for a partial ocean view. We were on the top floor overlooking the large pool. It was so beautiful with seating on the balcony. We tried a different pool each day. My son went with me and we were the only ones in the huge pool. He had a great time. The many fire pits were really nice to sit out and visit. We went over to the pool near the water slides the next day. He had a great time on the slides and then we went over again at night to the hot tubs and had s’mores from the kit we bought on site. Again we were the only ones out at the pool and had a great time. We went over to the beach one of the days and Boogy boarded with great waves. Water was warmer than usual. Had dinner at the pizza place on site and it was good. We did wish there was a microwave in the room but there is a fridge. Would have been helpful for him while I was at the conference. The only bad thing having a conference here is the property and beach call you to miss the conference!! If the price was right we would stay again!
We picked this hotel on a gay website advertising it as an ‘LGBT oasis’ where ‘you’ll fit right in’.
Well, to be honest it just felt like they are chasing the pink dollar, as they know how much the LGBT community spend on vacations!
The family was much more geared towards families with younger children. I even overheard ‘mummy why are those men holding hands’ whilst at the breakfast buffet. It wasn’t really the atmosphere that I had signed up to.
It’s great if a hotel wants to appeal to the LGBT market, but first, I think they should work out who their true market audience is, because this hotel is certainly largely family influenced.
Having said that, the staff were very welcoming, the rooms were well appointed, and th swimming pool was nice (with a separate adults area so we could escape the kids area if we wanted).
I just think this resort needs to decide whether to cater to the LGBT market or the family market. It’s awkward for gay couples, and perhaps even more awkward for parents with young children.
I don’t think it can both.......