Windsor Arms Hotel
What We Love
- Staff to guest ratio is four to one
- Indoor saltwater pool with toasty fireplace to warm up by after your swim
- Butler’s cupboard in each suite allows for discreet drop off of newspapers, shined shoes and room service trays
- Playable musical instruments grace each suite, including guitars, pianos and harps
- State-of-the-art sound system with bedside console to control lights and iPod
- Sunday brunch in the Courtyard Café, which has soaring ceilings and romantic banquettes
- High tea served daily from 12:30 to 6 p.m. in the Tea Room
- Free WiFi
- READ MORE: 72 Hours in Ontario
What To Know
- Constructed in 1927, this neogothic hotel went through a full rebuild and was reopened in 1999 after being closed for nine years
- The property was last renovated in October 2011
- The first luxury condominium hotel in the city, it features 25 residences in a tower above the original building
- Many guests treat it as a home, and it is not uncommon to see people in white terrycloth robes riding the elevator to the pool or spa
- Because of its discreet staff and elegant yet comfortable decor, it is a favorite for post-op cosmetic surgery patients
- Minibar prices are five-star. A bottle of Belvedere vodka will set you back more than $200
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Windsor Arms Hotel, you’ll be centrally located in Toronto, minutes from Gardiner Museum and Toronto Public Library. This 5-star hotel is close to University of Toronto and CN Tower.
Make yourself at home in one of the 28 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and LCD televisions. Digital programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature jetted bathtubs and designer toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and complimentary newspapers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a 24-hour health club, an indoor pool, and a sauna. Additional amenities at this Victorian hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access and tour/ticket assistance.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and a 24-hour front desk.
How to Get There
My Wife, daughter and myself decided at the last minute to head to Toronto for the weekend and wanted to try somewhere different, the Windsor Arms sounded like a perfect choice and it turned out to be a wonderful experience. Trying to get to the place on a Saturday is not for the faint of heart but once there it was worth it.
From the Valet to the front desk everything about check-in went smoothly, we booked a One Bedroom suite and it had the bonus of having a second bathroom so our daughter was more than happy to say the least, our suite was a very generous size and well appointed, it was very clean and nicely separated by double doors.
The Hotel has a couple restaurants and a wonderful bar lounge should you wish to have a night cap and listen to live piano music. We took advantage of having afternoon tea and it was beautifully presented in a glorious 1920's decorated room, the wait staff were spot on and very accommodating. All in all a very pleasant weekend in the city and at the Windsor Arms, we will definitely return in the future.
My mom and I enjoy going for afternoon tea so naturally we had to check out the Windsor Hotels. It was beautiful. Our waiter was great - perfectly attentive to the table. We still rave about the tea we drank!
It made for a special Mother/Daughter date!
This hotel is in one of the best locations in Toronto. The area is fantastic for high end shopping, museum access, and great dining. The hotel itself is historic and elegant. Our suite was spacious and housekeeping was very attentive. The robes are luxurious and the mini bar is well stocked. The lobby bar is wonderful with live music and first rate service. Sunday brunch was delicious! Two things keep me from giving the hotel five stars: (1) Other than brunch (which, again, was great), the food in the Living Room (bar/restaurant) just isn’t very good. (2) There were too many glitches with the room: uneven temperature, door knobs coming off, bedside lights that don’t work. But we will be back for sure!
Windsor arms is a great hotel! The location is amazing and the staff were wonderful and accommodating! We stayed for a long weekend and couldn’t have been happier. The manager, Umesh Hira, went above and beyond to make sure that we had everything that we needed. Highly recommend!
Definitely a great location. Close to all the very high end shopping in Yorkville. Staff was lovely and accommodating. Allowed us a later check out as I had an early afternoon appointment at Princess Margaret. Old charm. Room needed a new sink (cracked). Lovely large room