The Westin Cleveland Downtown
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, you’ll be centrally located in Cleveland, walking distance from Cleveland Convention Center and close to Great Lakes Science Center. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and FirstEnergy Stadium.
Make yourself at home in one of the 484 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including wireless Internet access (surcharge) and concierge services. This hotel also features gift shops/newsstands and wedding services.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Cleveland? This hotel has 20000 square feet (1858 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. RV/bus/truck parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
The room was dark. The beds are on the wrong side so unless you're standing in front of the window it's like being in a cave.
The shower is designed horribly and water got EVERYWHERE. Our shower was also clogged and overflowing.
I was in Cleveland for a conference at the convention center and stayed at the Westin for 3 nights.
First, the good:
1) downtown location is convenient just 2 blocks from the convention center and walking distance to the Tower for public transit access, rock and roll museum, Browns and Indians ballparks.
2) Nice club with very helpful staff and great views of the lakefront and rock and roll museum
3) Standard Westin amenities (heavenly bed, room service, nice steakhouse on site) with a nice large gym that includes space to stretch out for yoga
So why only 3 stars?
1) Service was spotty. We called down for an extra blanket and different pillow but no one ever delivered it as promised (many hotels automatically have extra blankets in the room but this didn’t). Plus some dusting spots in the room were missed (see photo of phone)
2) Floor of Walk-in shower was a little slippery and there were no anti-slip maps so be careful when taking a shower
3) In the club, I noticed several people over 3 days having trouble with printing out boarding passes. And the tech issue never seemed to get resolved quickly. Plus there was a hazard caused by the too short cord to the computer from another outlet which gets pulled out from the wall whenever someone moves the chair (see photo)
4. Doorman never seemed to open any doors for anyone. I guess it’s not standard nowadays.
So it’s a perfectly fine convention hotel but the missing little touches were enough to put this in the fine category. I would enjoy staying here but would not seek to return next time I am in Cleveland.
This is a very nice hotel located w/in walking distance of all the major sites in downtown Cleveland — from Progressive Field to the Q to Rock & Roll HOF. Great service...I was originally only planning to stay a single night but then booked a second night early the morning I was to depart. The front desk took care of the situation and I was able to stay in the same room without any problem.
Also, if you see a great rate for a mystery 4-star downtown hotel on Hotwire or Priceline, there’s a good chance it is this hotel. I was able to score this for 75% off the retail prices on these sites on two separate occasions.
Lastly, if you want to park your own car (& save quite a bit of money in the process), go to the parking garage at the Galleria (just a block or so away). Clean, safe, well lit garage that is only $16 per day (no in/out privilege...but I was staying put one arrived).
This was a great hotel to stay at during a conference. It was excellence all around! Good location, clean, good restaurant, and everyone was professional and friendly. I also loved the shower in the bathroom.
My wife and I pay our compliments to Bellman Patrick for making our check-in experience easy and enjoyable. Patrick not only brought our luggage to our room, he took the time to point out every nook and cranny in the room that we could possibly need during our short stay. In our 15th-floor lake-view room, Patrick pointed out the window to sights of interest and told us that they were walkable from the hotel. All the while, he was more than pleasant and was sincere in welcoming us. Our compliments to Patrick.