The Modern Honolulu
What We Love
- If the Apple Store were a hotel, this might be what it would look like
- At the Sunset Pool, choose from longues in the pool, a day bed, a hammock or a carpet on the sand strewn with throw pillows
- Surf's up! There’s a sweet surf break in front of the hotel for a morning session with the locals
What To Know
- There are two pools, an intimate upper deck pool and larger lower deck pool, and beach access is a 90-second walk
- Water views include the boat harbor right in front of the hotel
- Cityscape Rooms can pick up some street noise
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Modern Honolulu in Honolulu (Waikiki), you’ll be minutes from Ala Wai Yacht Harbor and close to University of Hawaii at Manoa. This 4.5-star hotel is close to Aloha Tower and Diamond Head.
Make yourself at home in one of the 353 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and LCD televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers body treatments and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, a nightclub, and a fitness center. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 2 poolside bars.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
Check in average, and we had to chase welcome pack but received nothing but papers and all they cared about was selling "Time Share"...
Only choose The Modern as it had 2 pools, but they decided to close the adults pool but did not bother to notify guest prior and surely they would have known it was going to be closed for renovations and no apologies to guest. Also renovation drilling right in the middle of people enjoying what should be a relaxing day around the pool again nothing mentioned and no "here is a cocktail for your inconvenience"
Only 3 staff members were lovely and really cared about the guest Monique by the pool and Mark and Matt at the study bar as for the rest pretty poor and considering they are all about tips, they need to lift the game!
Also on departure no farewell no thanks for staying and visiting us, I can promise you we won't be back there are so many options in Honolulu....
We only had 36 hours in this hotel and we won't be back. Although the staff were lovely, the rooms are small and the bathrooms tired. The beds are too hard and duvets are not supplied, just a thin blanket. Unfortunately we were there on a Monday, which meant we subjected to an hour of protesting while sitting by the pool. We had checked out and therefore couldn't go back to our room to escape the loudspeakers and chanting. We were waiting to be offered some sort of compensation but the staff just carry on as if they are not there. That's when I discovered they are there every Monday and Friday afternoon for an hour. Our ears were ringing for the rest of the day. Such a shame it was sold to an off shore company. I'm sure it was a lovely boutique hotel originally.
1. This place treats their workers terribly. I know this because the workers went on strike one of the mornings we were here.
2. We found a live bed bug on one of the beds in our room, and both of us had bites on our legs. What's worse--the management (On site manager and Diamond Resorts customer service) made me feel like I was being hysterical when asking for pretty reasonable accommodations and compensation. I asked who I could speak to in the corporate structure and he said TO SEND A LETTER BY MAIL to an address he gave me. They washed most of our clothes but couldn't get dry cleaning back in time for our flight the next day. So now i have to pay for that when I get back home (aside from the stress of preventing bed bugs from coming home with me). When I kept telling him how terribly they were treating us, the manager made it seem like HE was the victim too. ???? Does your office have bed bugs????
Don't stay here. Just don't.