The Kahala Hotel & Resort
What We Love
- Calm ocean water thanks to the offshore reef
- Much of the staff is bilingual
- Lobby chandeliers, dripping with more than 28,000 pieces of colored glass, are original to the hotel
- The blooming wall of orchids in the lobby stairwell
- Prints by famous Hawaii graphic designer John Melville Kelly, cultural artifacts and seashell shadow boxes lend a sense of place to the rooms
- The quiet serenity of the hotel — sleep with your balcony doors open to the sounds of the sea
What To Know
- Twenty-minute drive from the Honolulu Airport
- Free shopping shuttle transports guests to the Kahala Mall, Ala Moana Shopping Center and the Royal Hawaiian Center in the heart of Waikiki
- Nightlife is limited to a quiet piano bar
- Remote location means you’ll need to drive for entertainment beyond what the hotel offers
- Most people choose to swim in the ocean, so the pool is on the small side
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
With a stay at The Kahala Hotel & Resort in Honolulu (Kahala), you’ll be close to Kapiolani Community College and Diamond Head. This 5-star resort is within close proximity of Kapiolani Park and Waikiki Shell.
Make yourself at home in one of the 338 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and designer toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. This resort also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). If you’d like to spend the day shopping, you can hop on the complimentary shuttle.
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 5 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 2 bars/lounges.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Honolulu? This resort has 13000 square feet (1208 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
Incredible property, private beach, amazing service, great food, great location.
You won't be disappointed. Every one working at the Kahala is focused on making you feel pampered and having a wonderful vacation.
Last leg of our Hawaii trip and we really wanted to avoid the circus crush of Waikiki. Decided on the Kahala Hotel and Resort and it was a great decision. Pristine beach, outstanding rooms and amenities - peaceful and relaxing. The staff were outstanding. Thanks to all the staff for allowing us to have the perfect finale of our trip.
My husband and I stayed at the Kahala resort we were able to play golf at the Waialae County Club which was awesome, also I had my nieces that live in Hawaii come over and they loved watching the dolphins The beach is awesome great for swimming.