Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Bali
What To Know
- The hotel holds themed nights each week
- The resort is very family friend; kids will enjoy the game room which has a ping pong table, pool tables and playstation
- Free WiFi is spotty
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Bali in Kuta Selatan, you’ll be on the beach and close to Turtle Island and Nusa Dua Beach. This 4.5-star resort is within close proximity of Benoa Harbour and Bali Nusa Dua Convention Centre.
Make yourself at home in one of the 377 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Rooms have private furnished balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 3 outdoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, and a fitness center. Additional amenities at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride on the complimentary shuttle, which operates within 2 km.
Food & Drink
All-inclusive rates are available at this resort. Meals and beverages at onsite dining establishments are included in all-inclusive rates. Charges may be applied for dining at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, some beverages, and other amenities.
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 8 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at a beach bar, a poolside bar, or one of 2 bars/lounges. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Kuta Selatan? This resort has 1100 square feet (102 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Thanks to the resort, I actually for the first time enjoyed my holiday in BALI, I actually felt like I had a holiday. So relaxing and the staff are fantastic. Travelled for a wedding and with my 10mth old son who had an amazing time, as did my 18yr old daughter, everyone was catered for.
We just stayed 6 nights in a kids suite with a family of 4 including two boys aged 6 & 8. The kids generally loved the resort. Here are some pros and cons.
*The breakfast was fantastic with a great range. The breakfast in the main part of the resort was better and we loved the juice station!
*Our kids loved the kids club
*All staff were friendly and helpful
*The kids suite was perfect for our family
*The pools were great although my sister received an injury from the splash park slide. We mainly used the family paradise pool and the main resort pool.
*Renovations! There are substantial renovations occurring which basically blocks the view from the pool on the main side. I did not realise the scale of the renovations until we arrived. We weren’t advised of this when we booked and no compensation was offered. When we stayed at The Padma we were given $50 US per day as compensation when they had renovations.
*Opening times of restaurants and bars. On the family paradise the pool side restaurant was open from 11am - 5pm. As many with young kids would know we are up early and generally at the pool by 9am and couldn’t have a drink for 2 hours. Also not being able to get food or drinks after 5pm was frustrating. Similar issue for the pool bar in the main pool which was open from 11am to 6pm. When we went for a walk one evening and the pool bars at neighboring resorts were open and crowded at about 8 - 9pm!
*There was a very pungent smell in our bathroom. I understand the water in Bali is not great however it was almost unbearable to step into our bathroom sometimes.
*Generally the food and drinks were average and overpriced. For example the kids wanted 2 scoops of ice cream in a small cone. They tried to charge us 121k (about $12 AUS)!
*Eat at Tropical Tanjung across the road from the main entrance. Excellent food at a great price. They also do takeaway so they are a great option for bringing back to your room.
*Mr Bob Beachfront Bar & Grill is about a 5 - 10 minute walk on the beach. Excellent food and drinks here!
*Laundry place across the road from family paradise side was great and charged $25k per kilo.
*There is a money changing place in an air conditioned room next to the Coco supermarket across the road from family paradise which didn’t rip us off
*Coco supermarket is great and has cheap Bintangs!
*The babysitting service at the resort was a rip off. Definitely recommend using Balis Best Babysitting.
This is our second stay at the Grand Mirage Nusa Dua. We love the family paradise area. We have two children aged 6 and 12 and this area doesn’t disappoint. The hotel has two parts the main hotel and the family paradise area. You can access both.
The staff are outstanding especially Sultan, Wira and Sri. The food is delicious and the kids area is great for families.
We will definitely be staying at this hotel again when in Bali.
Headed to Bali for a family b'day and at the request of my kids we revisited grand mirage, nusa dua. Again they didn't disappoint. The staff were do amazing and friendly.From Sri who worked at the mahi pool bar. Her smile and manner was delightful. She even remembered our favorite drinks from the last visit. For water activities, you can't miss Sultan. He is soooo good. He entertained us effortlessley. He remembered all our names and background also . Our driver Wira was pretty cool too. So many wonderful staff that work there. Great to see grand mirage exercise diversity too. From gender, age and religious backgrounds this is encouraging to see.
This hotel suffers badly from mixed tripadvisor reviews as it is essentially two hotels catering to to different clientele with seemingly different expectations. This review is a little long but hopefully provides a flavor of why we would strongly recommend this hotel for families with young kids.
We stayed for 5 nights in March 2019 as a family of 5 (3 kids under the age of 8) on the all inclusive package and had a great time and would thoroughly recommend it. We are incredibly fussy travelers with lots of experience of 5 star hotels around the world and can say that if you are looking for a relaxing all inclusive holiday with great/friendly service, we struggle to see how you could not have a great time. We were left scratching our heads by some of the recent reviews we have read posted by families and wonder what world they live in!
Our experience was as follows -
- We stayed in a Kids Suite in the Family Paradise wing (2 bedroom/2 bathroom accommodation) - it was clean, modern and had everything we could need - safe, good bed linen, robes, plenty of towels, water, minibar, kids bathroom etc. Recommend requesting a room in ground floor facing inwards (e.g. room 107) as you can walk out onto the property from your balcony
- We generally had lunch at Mahi Mahi restaurant (by the pool in Family Paradise), either eating poolside or in the actual restaurant - found quality/variety to be great and Krisna was amazing at making sure we were well fed and watered. Our requests for no sugar in fresh juices, extra shots of coffee etc, were satisfied easily. There was never a shortage of staff and staff were proactive at asking if we wanted anything. Food sometimes did take a while to come out, but that wasn't a big issue for us
- We had breakfast at Ibu Kitchen (level 2 family paradise), good selection of Indonesian and Western Food- you can order speciality coffees if you don't want the filter
- For dinner we had the speciality buffet on the beach one time, ate at the Grand Cafe in the main hotel one time and at Ibu Kitchen a couple of times. Well fed on all occasions There are many reviewers here who grumble at the timing of restaurants opening and it being inconvenient for getting food for kids - this is nonsense to set the facts straight you can order food at Mahi Mahi until 5.10pm (last orders), Ibu Kitchen & the Indian Opens at 6pm, the chinese is open all day, the beach buffet, italian and Grand Cagfe open at 7, and room service is available 24/7! So there are plenty of options and it is really only if you want to eat outside your room between 5.10 and 6pm that you will have an issue!!!
- Kids club was great - our older kids(7 and 5) spent a lot of time there and got involved in activities including yoga, crafts, cookie making, boat racing etc. Our youngest (2 years) spent some time there (always with Mum or Dad, the alternative would be paying a reasonable rate for a babysitter)
We were at the end of a month long stay in Bali and had done a lot of sightseeing already so we were happy to stay at the hotel for our entire stay (we ventured out for cheap haircuts and massages at the place immediately opposite Family Paradise one day).
A differentiator for us was that pretty much all staff we met were friendly and working with a smile. Makes such a difference. Two to mention were Krisna in Mahi Mahi, Parsa (Main Lobby Reception) and Gede (Family Paradise Reception).
Some people grumble about the building work at the main building - we only went there a couple of times and didn't particularly notice it. Families don't really need to go to the main building - so practically not an issue for us
Once suggestion for whoever from the hotel replies to the TripAdvisor reviews - there is little evidence from the reply that the reviews are actually read - the responses are so generic as to be virtually meaningless.