What We Love
- A grand country estate spread across 100 acres, with award-winning dining and lush spa facilitiesThe views – from the North Yorkshire Moors to the dramatic coastline, you're spoilt for choice here
- Soothing country walk-weary muscles with a soak in the heated pool or with a signature spa treatment
- The hotel's TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award, assuring a quality sojourn
What To Know
- Perks like heated bathroom floors, plus cookies and gin at turn down
- The estate is quite large, but the staff is happy to chauffeur guests via golf cart
- Horseback riding, mountain biking and guided walks are available along North Yorkshire Moors
Follow in the famous footsteps of Captain James Cook and Bram Stoker’s Dracula with a weekend in Whitby and you’ll see why so many have flocked to this North Yorkshire port for more than 1,000 years. While a trip to Whitby’s Raithwaite Estate may be more country retreat than Gothic tale nowadays, you can still Count (pardon the pun) on heart-stopping Yorkshire scenery and excellent service.
Set in Raithwaite Estate’s own 100 acres, Raithwaite Estate is a truly picturesque spot. Pampering is high on the agenda with a heated pool, an indulgent treatment menu and even a dog spa. To take advantage of the North Yorkshire Moors, horse riding, mountain biking and guided walks are also available. Alternatively, you can simply enjoy the views or tuck into the best food the region has to offer in the award-winning restaurant.
How to Get There
Excellent throughout the whole stay. Spa and grounds are excellent, The cottages room we had was spacious, had everything to hand and very clean. Food and service from all staff was brilliant. I had most things included in the package which was not cheap, however I went expecting this and with this in mind. There are other options and price bands available. 100% recommend Raithwaite Estate to anyone looking for a luxury, high class, relaxing stay.
· The location is good for Whitby area and the estate grounds are great for walks and cycling - the hotel offers a very relaxing atmosphere with an excellent restaurant and adequate spa. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
· The location of some parts of the hotel eg The Keep to the Hall was unclear in the description and was either a 5 min walk or ride in a golf buggy or car to use the Spa or restaurant for dinner. The lovely standard rooms in the Keep on the lower ground floor are for visitors with dogs - so although these have an outside sitting area the grass was used as a dog loo during our stay despite the woods and trails being less than 50 m away!! The Spa is good but small for the size of the hotel - during busy times no where to sit and enjoy
Beautiful place to stay, would recoment it. Very relaxing and staff were excellent. Just a couple of faults,
Breakfast plates were cold and food was just warm. Meals in the Brasserie I thought were expensive though we had an allowance, I would not have liked to have paid for the food we had disapointing.. overall I would stay here again.
With a little more thought and effort, Raithwaite Estate could be gem of a place to stay. The rooms in the Keep were spacious and access outside to the woods great for our dog. We were lucky to have good weather so did not visit the spa which must be a plus if the weather was bad.
Place felt a bit disjointed being offered golf buggy transport from one place to another which was not advertised. Breakfast although quality ingredients was not dissimilar to a Premier Inn but a lot more expensive. Guy on reception was very good and helpful. Drink prices were five star but not a five star place. Had a balcony on our room which was a great addition, shame not sea view but nearly. Lovely to have gowns and slippers but gowns were looking and feeling tired so we didn’t bother. Still enjoyed our stay but a few changes would have made it better.