What We Love
- A grand country estate spread across 100 acres, with award-winning dining and lush spa facilitiesThe views – from the North Yorkshire Moors to the dramatic coastline, you're spoilt for choice here
- Soothing country walk-weary muscles with a soak in the heated pool or with a signature spa treatment
- The hotel's TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award, assuring a quality sojourn
What To Know
- Perks like heated bathroom floors, plus cookies and gin at turn down
- The estate is quite large, but the staff is happy to chauffeur guests via golf cart
- Horseback riding, mountain biking and guided walks are available along North Yorkshire Moors
Follow in the famous footsteps of Captain James Cook and Bram Stoker’s Dracula with a weekend in Whitby and you’ll see why so many have flocked to this North Yorkshire port for more than 1,000 years. While a trip to Whitby’s Raithwaite Estate may be more country retreat than Gothic tale nowadays, you can still Count (pardon the pun) on heart-stopping Yorkshire scenery and excellent service.
Set in Raithwaite Estate’s own 100 acres, Raithwaite Estate is a truly picturesque spot. Pampering is high on the agenda with a heated pool, an indulgent treatment menu and even a dog spa. To take advantage of the North Yorkshire Moors, horse riding, mountain biking and guided walks are also available. Alternatively, you can simply enjoy the views or tuck into the best food the region has to offer in the award-winning restaurant.
How to Get There
I recently attended a Wedding Evening Party at Raithwaite Estate. We travelled on a coach which could not drive down the driveway to the main hall so we were dropped off at the entrance gates. Staff at the Estate picked up various people (who were struggling in high heels) and drove them to the main hall which was a nice touch. The main hall is a modern building and the wedding party was downstairs in a beautiful room with access straight out into the garden. It was a real quality venue. The staff were friendly and efficient and the whole place was immaculately clean and well presented. The gardens were amazing. The buffet provided was good quality and plentiful and I really enjoyed my time at Raithwaite Estate. The drinks are expensive but this is expected for the quality and service provided. It is a great wedding venue. Recommended.
we had stayed at Raithwaites before for New years eve and taken family for afternoon tea, so we knew it was the ideal place for a relaxing getaway honeymoon. The staff are always friendly and helpful, and the choice of properties within the beautiful grounds is excellent. We prefer to stay in the keep, as it is very peaceful. The property is in easy walking distance of Whitby and Sandsend, but is also easily accessable by car or taxi.
A very good hotel with high quality accommodation in a excellent setting. Stayed in ‘The Keep’ which is ideal for a group of people, with only 28 bedrooms would also be ideal for wedding party. Will return as a ideal location for visiting Whitby and surrounding areas.