What We Love
- A Victorian mansion in 35 acres of North Yorkshire woodland, with breakfast, dinner and cream teaFeasting on Whitby’s fresh fish in the hotel’s fine dining restaurant
- Playing at being the fitness-focused lord of the manor on the estate’s very own jogging trail, with a breather by the beautiful lake
- Picking up some delicious souvenirs at the region’s regular local markets to treat our envious friends back home
What To Know
- The property's gardens are home to peacocks and other wildlife
- The afternoon tea and scones are a staple
- Free WiFi
Set in a stunning baronial mansion between the North Yorkshire Moors and the North East coast, Grinkle Park is an elegant boutique hotel surrounded by 35 acres of stately grounds and woodlands. It has all the class of an elegant Victorian country house, with its high-embossed ceilings and fine wooden panelling – made all the more cosy on chilly days by a roaring fire. Modern luxury has also made its home within the imposing stone walls, with newly refurbished bedrooms boasting beautiful modern furnishings and all your creature comforts.
Make like a lord or lady with dinner in the elegant fine dining restaurant, where you’ll find seasonal menus of locally sourced delights such as Whitby’s famous fresh fish. You can work up an appetite with a leisurely lakeside stroll or a run round the jogging trail. The lovely grounds have plenty of peace and quiet for travellers in search of a quiet break, while the haunting beauty of the North Yorkshire Moors beckons nearby. The charming country retreat picked up a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.