What We Love
- A luxury spa hotel within a historic castle in northern England, with breakfast and discountsThe range of activities available, from country pursuits to relaxing in the spa
- The beautiful castle features – clock towers, stables and turrets
- Roaming the Dales and dreaming of hunky Heathcliff
- Making the most of your spa-treatment discount
What To Know
- The Turret Suite is perhaps the most unique room – it's spread across three floors – but going from the bedroom to the bath includes a flight of 20+ stairs
- Free WiFi is hit or miss
- There are plenty of onsite activities including falconry, clay pigeon shooting, fishing, biking, and more
A grand old castle amid a vast country estate, Swinton Park offers a beautiful escape in northern England’s Yorkshire Dales. Surrounded by 200 acres of parkland holding no less than five lakes, this luxurious hideaway boasts plenty of wholesome country pursuits to indulge in, like shooting, riding, fishing and falconry. If you’re itching to roam further, the Dales are right on your doorstep, with their pretty villages and picturesque trails for walking and cycling.
This magnificent property has been in the Cunliffe-Lister family since 1880 and feels more like a high-end home than a hotel. Relaxed, welcoming social areas and excellent service combine to create a truly peaceful country house (which just so happens to don a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence). The bedrooms are beautiful and individually designed to the last detail, as is Samuel’s, the stunning dining room with an original gold-leaf ceiling and award-winning cuisine.
With a Michelin-trained chef on hand to impart his wisdom, you might want to join one of the popular cooking classes in the converted Georgian stable wing. Or if that all sounds too strenuous, make a reservation for the exclusive-use spa to relax in the hot tub or sample one of the many enriching Thalgo treatments on offer.
Good to know
Please note that in order to use the sauna and hot tub, you must book in advance; the facilities are open between 9am and 8pm.
Swinton Park is pooch-friendly – dogs are very welcome, with blankets, bowls and treats provided for a supplement of £25 per dog, per night.
How to Get There
A good 2 days away, nice setting, good food and service.
Hotel is worth a visit, plenty to do and see.
Local village is also worth a visit.
Golf course nearby is also a feature.
A good base to see other parts of North Yorkshire.
A lovely welcome awaits and the whole ambience is that of relaxation and comfort. The staff were courteous and the four of us enjoyed a massage at the same time which was lovely and then went to the relaxation room to hydrate and relax.
This was our fourth visit to Swinton Park so we obviously enjoy it. The setting is glorious, food delicious and the spa is lovely. The bedrooms are always superb, definitely worth the price.
The main restaurant isn’t open every day but the Terrace restaurant is just as good