What We Love
- A luxury spa hotel within a historic castle in northern England, with breakfast and discountsThe range of activities available, from country pursuits to relaxing in the spa
- The beautiful castle features – clock towers, stables and turrets
- Roaming the Dales and dreaming of hunky Heathcliff
- Making the most of your spa-treatment discount
What To Know
- The Turret Suite is perhaps the most unique room – it's spread across three floors – but going from the bedroom to the bath includes a flight of 20+ stairs
- Free WiFi is hit or miss
- There are plenty of onsite activities including falconry, clay pigeon shooting, fishing, biking, and more
A grand old castle amid a vast country estate, Swinton Park offers a beautiful escape in northern England’s Yorkshire Dales. Surrounded by 200 acres of parkland holding no less than five lakes, this luxurious hideaway boasts plenty of wholesome country pursuits to indulge in, like shooting, riding, fishing and falconry. If you’re itching to roam further, the Dales are right on your doorstep, with their pretty villages and picturesque trails for walking and cycling.
This magnificent property has been in the Cunliffe-Lister family since 1880 and feels more like a high-end home than a hotel. Relaxed, welcoming social areas and excellent service combine to create a truly peaceful country house (which just so happens to don a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence). The bedrooms are beautiful and individually designed to the last detail, as is Samuel’s, the stunning dining room with an original gold-leaf ceiling and award-winning cuisine.
With a Michelin-trained chef on hand to impart his wisdom, you might want to join one of the popular cooking classes in the converted Georgian stable wing. Or if that all sounds too strenuous, make a reservation for the exclusive-use spa to relax in the hot tub or sample one of the many enriching Thalgo treatments on offer.
Good to know
Please note that in order to use the sauna and hot tub, you must book in advance; the facilities are open between 9am and 8pm.
Swinton Park is pooch-friendly – dogs are very welcome, with blankets, bowls and treats provided for a supplement of £25 per dog, per night.
How to Get There
It’s the first time we had heard about swinton , we were pleasantly supposed by everything . Probably the best hotel in Yorkshire if not the country. We were so impressed we have booked again at Christmas
A great hotel apart from a VERY cold bedroom and al public areas, that was a great shame and I feel that this would be much more improved by that improvement. Fabulous location, great food and helpful staff.
Simply put absolutely wonderful weekend in the heart of Yorkshire. The staff were exemplary front the front of house right the way through - every "hello" and "how are you?" felt genuine. A very rare quality.