The Villa At Waters Edge
With a stay at The Villa At Waters Edge in Belmont (South Belmont), you’ll be close to Stowe Park. This vacation home is within the vicinity of Charlotte Premium Outlets and Harbortowne Marina.
Make yourself at home in one of the air-conditioned rooms featuring fireplaces. Cable programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Conveniences include separate sitting areas and refrigerators.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Make use of convenient amenities such as wedding services, tour/ticket assistance, and barbecue grills.
How to Get There
Villa at Waters Edge is a good value for what it is, but don't expect the luxury throughout that the photos might imply. First the positives:
1. Full use of the main floor: master suite, guest bedroom, entertainment room, kitchen/dining/living area and 2 full baths with rain showers.
2. A/C and heat worked well and shower pressure and hot water were good. the gas fireplace that opens to both the master bedroom and the great room is a nice touch
3. Pleasant property on an inlet off Lake Wylie
4. Very comfortable bedding - lots of pillows, high thread count sheets, etc.
5. Great bath accessories - towels were fluffy and plentiful, shampoo and soap were of high quality, plenty of paper products
Not quite up to snuff:
1. While definitely reflecting an interior designer's good tastes, the furnishings were a bit tired and in some cases falling apart.
2. The kitchen appliances were dated at best and far below the standards of the rest of the property. Utensils served their purpose, but were mostly a hodgepodge. there is no garbage disposal...
3. While the lighting truly enhances the property, there were so many burnt out bulbs (one or two for every section of the villa) that I wondered if the the owner had ever been there.
4. If you are looking for a lake "view" this is not the place, though the property overlooks an inlet and has a small and private yard.
As I said though, it IS a good value. After all, you get complete use of a home that has some very high points and it is just 20 minutes from the airport. If you are expecting perfection however, it falls short.
Loved everything about it. Its close to I-85 were there's shopping, all type of eateries, movie theaters, and when your done with that you can go back to the Villa for peace and quite. Was able to visit my family and feel at home. Will return on my next trip to Charlotte.
I send a night at this venue for my 30th birthday a few years ago and it was beautiful. Its a great getaway without going too far......just a place to relax and chill with someone special or yourself.
Only stayed one night but could have easily stayed a week. We were looking for something that was secluded and private and the Villa at Waters Edge delivered. We loved the location and the home is very nicely decorated. The "Cinema" room is a bit warn, but seems like a good place for a family to enjoy a movie. Overall, The Villa at Waters Edge is a great getaway place and we would not hesitate to go back.
Affordable luxury at it's finest. Easily this areas best kept secret. Well appointed surroundings, great attention to detail. Melanie is the most gracious host. Privacy, tranquility, great place to recharge and escape. Truly grateful for a lovely experience.