Posh Boutique Hotel
What We Love
- A two-bedroom suite at a Biltmore Village hotel in a renovated 1929 building
- The two-bedroom, two-bath suites, each equipped to feel like home
- Being steps away from the quaint shops of Biltmore Village and from Biltmore Estate
- The central location, right near downtown Asheville
What To Know
- Suites are huge (starting at 2,355 square feet) and are great for families with laundry rooms, full kitchens and living/dining areas with flatscreen TVs
- The suites were originally vacation condos
- The hotel is set within two historic stone buildings
When you spend the night in the shadow of the famous Biltmore Estate,
pick a stay that’s noteworthy in its own right. The building at
Asheville’s 8 Village Lane was built in 1929 and went through several
incarnations before becoming Posh Boutique Hotel, which the city’s local
ABC news station has deemed worthy of a news segment. The boutique
property remains proud of its past, and even while it’s undergone an
extensive renovation, it’s maintained its original stone exteriors.
getaway may be vintage on the outside, but thanks to that renovation
and some other updates, it’s got a contemporary touch on the inside.
Each two-bedroom, two-bathroom suite is appointed to feel like a full
private apartment, with all the modern conveniences. Of course, you’re
not actually at home – you came to Biltmore Village to see the
Vanderbilt residence. So when you’re not staying in this historic
property, or checking out the local microbreweries and quaint shops,
visit the legendary château-style mansion – it’s just two blocks away.
The Posh Two Bedroom suites – there are only seven –
are appointed with a full kitchen, two bathrooms and more. Each is at
least 2,355 square feet. Each bedroom features a queen bed and bathroom
with glass showers, along with plush furnishings and other sophisticated
Asheville is ripe with culture, a creative scene, breweries and dining.
But at its heart is Biltmore Estate, the country’s largest residential
home and the city’s most popular draw. Visitors can tour the 250-room
mansion and expansive gardens and stroll through the charming Biltmore
Village (which is just two blocks from Posh Boutique Hotel). Other
activities include hiking the Appalachian Trail, taking a scenic drive
or discovering the modern culture of this historic and eclectic town.
How to Get There
BEWARE. This company added $300 to our bill, even though it wasn't indicated anywhere in correspondence beforehand. They refused to refund it. BEWARE.
Our bathroom had only hot water coming out of the tap. Only the hot knob worked. How could they not know that before we arrived? Poor maintenance.
Fireplace did not work. We had correspondence with this hotel indicating that we chose their hotel because they had a fireplace, which was important to us. Nevertheless, they didn't tell us that the fireplace didn't work. When we inquired about it with the manager after we arrived, the answers changed twice as to why it wasn't operable. It was obvious that the maintenance dept. was a bit relaxed to say the least.
Also description stated 2 king sized beds. However, we had 1 king and 1 double bed.
On the positive side, the hotel was decorated nicely and was pretty clean. And in a good location.
Too bad that their managment and maintence dept. are substandard.
Recently me and my wife stayed at the posh hotel we thought it would be a nice place it looks good In pictures. When we arrived we found an old building that had some major water issues I was evident from the floor that was chipping away on the corner of the house. Also the large pool of water behind the building leaning up against the foundation cannot be good.
Our biggest problem with the hotel. The water was not available on our last day of stay. After a night on the town you’re really need a shower before you go out and make yourself presentable for the next day. I talk to the manager couple times and every time he said that it wasn’t his fault and he can’t do anything about it it was a city problem. Very disappointing to what could’ve been a great trip.
Fabulous place. Decided to stay an extra day in Biltmore village. The chain hotel we stayed in 2 days couldn’t give us a 3rd night (thanks for nothing). Found the Posh hotel on line through a booking service. Skeptical at first due to the huge discount price offered and lack of on site check in desk.
Take a chance friends!! Hugh place, very nice, gas fireplace, fab kitchen, 2 huge bedrooms and bathrooms.
The phone check in/with door codes (no room keys) works easily. Our unit (A200) was stunning!! We thought it would’ve been great at full price. Getting it for a huge discount was a steal.
We will be back!
The menu is small but the food is unique and tasty. It is somewhat pricey for me to visit often but I think it would be a nice special occasion place. The waitstaff was attentive and the restaurant was small but clean
Dear Posh Boutique,
I booked this condo for my husband's birthday weekend in Asheville. The accommodations for the weekend were not up to my standards, therefore I'm requesting a full refund for the stay. Considering that the cost of the stay was $400/night, I was expecting a much higher level of cleanliness and amenities than those we received. I have also attached photos for most of the sub-standard issues.
1. Upon arrival and opening the door - I was greeted with the musty odor of mildew - this seeming to only be on the first floor
2. The couch in the living room as sagging in the middle - see photo
3. The couch also had a horrible red stain - that looked like blood - see photo
4. The couch had a horrible mildew smell
5. We did not sleep on the couch, but when we lifted the cushion to locate the remote - we found two dirty Q-Tips - see photo
6. The arm of the armchair in the living room was broken and sagging on the right side
7. The armchair had a horrible mildew smell
8. One of the cooking sheets in the kitchen was dirty - see photo
9. The paper towel holder in the kitchen was broken and leaning - see photo
10. The upstairs master on the left had some type of horrible stuff in the shower - see photo
11. The upstairs master on the left had some type of brown item on the floor - I'm not sure what it was - see the photo
12. The upstairs master on the left - the leg of the armchair was off - I put it back on - see photo
13. The upstairs master on the right- the toilet was not level - it was leaning when we would sit on it - see photo
14. The upstairs master on the right - the mirrored door came off when we tried to open the door - we put it back - see photo
Given the number of complaints, you are wondering why I did not call. It would have been too much trouble for us to try to locate another place to stay as we had traveled from out of town. We did not want to request another condo at your location - given what we are already dealing with - I did not trust moving to another place under your care.