Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico, you’ll be centrally located in Cuauhtemoc, minutes from U.S. Embassy and The Angel of Independence Monument. This spa hotel is close to Monumento a los Ninos Heroes and Castillo de Chapultepec.
Make yourself at home in one of the 226 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LED televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find a sauna and a fitness center. Additional features at this Art Deco hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands. Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the area shuttle (surcharge).
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
This is a nice, old, charming hotel in an excellent location. It is reasonably priced (at least we got a decent deal); stayed at the hotel for almost a week in the begiinig of
Pros/Cons and some other experiences:
* some rooms facing the street (Londres) get too noisy on Fri/Sat. Ask for a quiet room on the other side of the hotel if possible. Don't even bother with smoking rooms; they were way way too smelly.
* hotel has this old charm - good for taking pictuues; seen plenty of locals coming for a picture taking and even a weeding photographer
* don't bother with breakfast - it's expensive and not tasty. There are dozens and dozens of restauratns and street food available outside the hotel - tastier and cheaper.
* location is great - it's a stone throw away from Reforma, about 15 minutes to Zocalo. Don't even bother with Uber/Metro, the walk is safe and pleasant
* wifi is slow even for emails
Situated right in the heart of the Zona Rosa. Very nice hotel, with a stunning reception area (old world Mexico). Lovely terrace (enclosed) with birds (in cages) -- full of light and birdsong. Easy access to Metro, museums and Chapultepec. Will definitely stay there on my next trip to Mexico!
- The location was great, within walking distance of lots of monuments, some great bars, taco stands, and restaurants
- The hotel reception area was really charming with lots of historical artefacts to view
- The telephone bar was really unique and looked very stylish
-The dining area was lovely and charming
- The bedrooms and bathrooms were clean but could do with being renovated
-They could invest in some comfier pillows
- The gym could do with being renovated
Stayed at Hotel Geneve for 3 nights.
Great location in Zona Rosa with easy access to the metro a short walk away and many shops and restaurants nearby (although we didn't find many great places to eat in Zona Rosa itself... Try Reforma or La Condesa for eating). Good nightlife for LGBT very close.
Hotel is impressive from the outside and the lobby was stunning, although i found the constant perfumed smell pumped around the lobby to be irritating. Staff were ok without being amazingly welcoming.
The rooms and corridors to the rooms were very dated. Our room was large and clean with comfortable beds but could do with updating.. Frayed carpets, mouldy grout in bathroom etc.. The hotel wasn't expensive so fitted our needs. We had zero view from our room.. Just an internal roof with pipes etc... But this meant we had zero noise so had great sleeps all of our nights.
I would stay here again if i was in CDMX for the location and price.
Uber to the airport only cost us 85 pesos... The hotel has a taxi price list outside stating 210 pesos.. So get an Uber.
The door is always held, the rooms have deep tubs and you are attached to a Sanborn’s and a few blocks from a great shopping mall. The rooms are clean and comfortable in size. A late check out was allowed.