Trump International Hotel & Tower New York
What We Love
What To Know
- Attentive service can be too formal for some
- The word Trump is all over the amenities, even on bottles of water
- Kitchens can be stocked before arrival according to your preferences
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Understated it is not. But the guests who choose the Trump International — high-flying business travelers, families, couples on romantic escapes — are not looking for subtlety when they book a night in one of the 167 rooms and suites here. A $30 million 2010 renovation softened some of the glitzy edge via a more modern and muted palette, but the property retains its Donald bravado with marble, crystal and gold.
Bed and Bath
Ivanka Trump may have chosen the silver-edged mirrors, silk wallpaper and sophisticated ivory, charcoal and eggplant color scheme, but it was Mr. Trump himself who insisted on the 55-inch flat-screen HDTVs, Blu-ray players, Sound Bar stereos and charging stations compatible with multiple devices. All rooms except the standard rooms have full kitchens with china, crystal glassware, a Subzero fridge and a Keurig coffeemaker. The bathrooms swagger with marble and Jacuzzi tubs, but the real star of the show remains the million-dollar views from the rooms’ floor-to-ceiling windows.
The three-Michelin-starred Jean-Georges is one of the city’s top dining rooms; it serves haute nouveau French cuisine, including caramelized foie gras with green apple cracklings and soy yuzu froth. The exhibition kitchen in the more casual Nougatine serves light, fresh fare, but be forewarned that entrees still aren’t cheap. Neither are the fantastic treatments in the 6,000-square-foot spa and pool area. The four-and-a-half-hour Platinum Experience runs $585, and facials have names like “Trump High Performance.” Would you expect anything less?
How to Get There
We stayed there for a weekend and this is the best hotel you can stay in and customer service is excellent! our flight landed at 6.30am so i called the hotel to see if we can get a room and they have us the room at 7.30 when the check is was at 4pm. the front desk and all staff greeted us and introduced us to all employees. they even asked kids names and every time they would see them they would talk and greed like family. they even surprised my son with a cake for his birthday and presents which was super cool. i cant say enough good things about this hotel.
Despite the name we really wanted to try this hotel after researching and reading the reviews. There were pros and cons.
- Location is unbeatable with Central Park directly across the street and Shops at Columbus Circle right next door.
- Most of the rooms as we understand had been newly renovated by the time we stayed (Oct 2018).
- We paid for an upgrade from a central park king room to a central park king suite which had beautiful views, floor to ceiling windows and was very spacious, felt like home away from home and even had a small kitchen with full appliances so we could go next door to Whole Foods and grab some groceries.
- Despite celebrating a special occasion we were asked to pay almost $500 US for the upgrade to a suite.
- Our room was not ready on time. We were told we could leave our luggage at the front and then return when the room was ready at 4:00pm. We returned at 6:00pm and our room was STILL not ready. We were tired and very disappointed by this. If we are paying over $1400/night, I expect to be able to check in at the very least at the stated check in time.
- Our bags were still in the front near the elevators when we returned, I did not feel safe about this as anyone could have came and taken some of our bags or personal belongings.
- Although renovated, the style of the rooms could have been updated to a more modern look, instead the renovations feel a bit cheap.
- Valet parking is very confusing, all signs and reviews said to drive around to the side of the building for valet. The valet company seems to be separate than the hotel? There were no bellman at the valet and they did us a favour and let us go through some inner doors to cut through the building to get to the front desk rather than carry all of our luggage along the street and around the corner to the front entrance. When we returned after a late night, the parking garage was closed. A bellman then told us we should have just come to the front of the hotel for the valet, not to the side where the valet signs are, wish we had been told this in the beginning by any of the staff.
Overall we had really high hopes for our stay and were left disappointed.
Clean Hotel, We booked a one bedroom suite. It had great views, floor to ceiling windows, However I felt it was outdated since the suite did not have a shower. It did have mini kitchen, which was very convenient. The girls and I room serviced for food, and it took over an hour to deliver. However The Trump, rectified immediately by offering us a credit.
My second stay and this time with my wife along. It took a bit of persuasion for her to ignore the politics but I knew she would love the hotel. And she did.
The staff are without exception excellent. We had booked a park view but at check in were offered an upgrade looking out the other side towards Time Warner Center and despite my reluctance to sacrifice the view things actually worked out better (as promised) with a higher quiet room that had been fully renovated I guess not too long ago.
I love the location for running in Central Park so every morning it was a quick road crossing and I was off.
The in room kitchen is a great boon. My wife has dietary issues so eating out can be tricky but with Whole Foods across the street we could make food choices that helped her on a few nights. Sometimes when traveling eating out constantly can be a problem so this works well.
The underground in literally below the hotel too for easy transport options. But given the location and NYC street action the walking is a great way to go.
So in its class for me Trump International is just fantastic. Forget the politics and just enjoy a great hotel.
Very professional and Friendly service. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Perfect location if you have a pet with you on your visit to NYC. The Hotel is directly across from Central Park. I Highly recommend staying at this Hotel.