Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park, you’ll be centrally located in Manhattan, steps from Ed Sullivan Theater and Studio 54. This eco-friendly hotel is close to Rockefeller Center and Broadway.
Make yourself at home in one of the 261 air-conditioned rooms featuring kitchenettes with refrigerators and microwaves. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Food & Drink
You can enjoy a meal at a restaurant serving the guests of Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park, or stop in at a grocery/convenience store. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Manhattan? This hotel has facilities measuring 5000 square feet (465 square meters), including meeting rooms.
How to Get There
I booked two rooms at this hotel I arrived at 3 am and before my arrival I made a request for two beds in one of the rooms but when I got there they had not reserved a room with two beds for us, so one of us had to sleep on the floor. We got to the room and the air conditioner was not working we complained they offered us fans unbelievable!!!the staff was rude we actually fell asleep waiting for the fans they never brought them, in morning we told manager what happened she blamed us for the air conditioning not working. I will never stay here after the way we were treated I just couldn’t believe they would have the ordacity to blame us and treat us so badly by far worst experience ever!!!!!!
!. If you are planning to trip to NY for the first time for just 3 days, this would be a good choice because of its location, and you may have little chance of meeting one of the staffs who has quite different attitudes towards guests.
2. If you are traveling to NY more than 5 days, you wouldn't be satisfied due to its location- dirty street, croweded all the time, angry taxies' horning, and dirty garbages waiting to be picked up which takes up half of the street at night.
3. If you are non-white, I suggest you consider this hotel one more time, because you may ruin your trip due to one of the staffs at the front desk.( Only one I got very upset, other staff members were fine. However, I happened to speak to her more than three times. That was the problem.)Her language was very rude, and sullen face and arrogant attitude always displeased us.) And I realized that when she talks to whites, her attitude changes drastically. Don't argue. Since I was there over 15 days, it was not a difficult thing to catch, and I regret choosing this residence Inn by Marriot for my trip to NY.
4. If you are not lucky, you may be have a room with broken freezer, battery-out safe, and not- closing-well drawer. Freezer and safe, we called for reparing right away, but what about drawer? We noticed that after a night, and did not want to move to another room due to heavy luggage. And what about there were other problems even though we moved to another room?
5. If you open the window due to the dust, you could have a good sleep with mosquitoes. We also found one big fly.
6. If you want to get some mail, well, they never notice you. You have to check all the time. Once I checked up whether I had a package for me, they said there wasn't a package for me. However, I logged in to UPS to track and found the name of the person who recevied my package! I went down there again to tell his name to get my package. If you meet the one staff I mentioned above, you may feel very bad due to her annoyed look and rude behavior.
7. Never expect to have a late-check out for an hour. Even though we have stayed there for more than 15 days, she(unfortunately I had to speak to her as there were no other staff at that time.) said, "Well, only 30 minutes. not 13. 30." How grateful!
I hope that you have a good sense of chooosing a nice hotel in NY.
This hotel and staff are amazing. These other reviews that fault them- are blaming them for things out of their control. NYC hotel is efficient- energy conserving- and spacious -compared to any other hotel room of any friend's at at any place have seen... the staff are helpful and kind, just ask! and be grateful in return. Rodney, all the gentleman downstairs at night were kind & thoughtful, professional even at 3-4 am checkin Sat morning- Pamela- kind, gentle, helpful-- we had nightmare travel issues (NOT the staff's fault)- the hotel- down to housekeeping and elevator technicians were so kind. I am from SC & these are hospitable kind people- and I never want to stay anywhere else. Perfect location- walk to Central Park or Times Square & Ed Sullivan Theatre and Hello Deli right around corner- go see Rupert! (Love) and my family LOVED this hotel! I just pray I get to go back one day soon -- shout out to everyone who helped us!!
The hotel has lots of good things:
Nice room, comfortable bed, nice views, nice location, nice gym. But there is a problem with service there.
We had to ask EVERY SINGLE SMALL REQUEST at least 4 times:
Out of 6 nights our room was cleaned twice. We had to beg them to clean our room basically.
After cleaning still no fresh towels or soaps.
Our fridge made horrible sounds--had to call 10 times in order to get someone to fix it. It was cleaned on the 5th night..
The maid left our door open after cleaning.
Staff was never nice or welcoming at all.
We did get a lot of compensations eventually and this is the only reason I gave this hotel an average review and not less.
It's not the compensation that will make someone come back to your hotel.. FIX YOUR SERVICE! IT'S BAD!
I travel a lot for business and never had such a bad hotel services...
Residence Inns can be counted on for comfortable beds and free breakfasts, and this hotel also has kitchenettes. But this hotel has specific pluses and minuses that some visitors might need to consider before booking. On the plus side - the breakfast buffet includes hot cooked oatmeal and has plenty of protein offerings including rarely offered cheese to put on bread. But the popular banana was in short supply, unfortunately. On the minus side, there are two. The first is the bathroom lighting. The designers aimed to create a sophisticated NY city feel to the rooms but forgot to consider that dimly lit bathrooms create shadows that flatter no one but the twenty somethings and don't create good feelings about ourselves - not how you want to feel when away! The second is the reservation mishaps. Twice, I reserved a room and twice, the room I reserved was taken by the time I got to the hotel. Each time, I had to settle for a temporary downgrade and the inconvenience of having to move from room to room during my stay. The second time, I had to insist that the hotel offer me some freebies to make up for the extra money I had already paid for the better room.
Finally, there are two things to note. First, the peculiarity of having pots and pans in the kitchenette but no stove to use them on! Second, there is no longer any advantage to a room overlooking Central Park. Three new skyscrapers plus more coming are blocking the view so wall to wall windows are great but now even those rooms just have a "city" view. That eliminated this hotel's plus for me. Next time, all things being equal, I'll pick the hotel with the well lit bathroom!