What We Love
- City chic with more breathing room than the city
- Spectacular skyline backdrop in the posh Chandelier Room tapas bar
- New Jersey’s only Bliss Spa (with brownie buffet)
What To Know
- The entire property is smoke-free
- The Pets are Welcome (PAW) program offers a bed, treats and turndown for Fido
- In-room WiFi comes with a fee
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
The W became the first major luxury hotel chain to land in Hoboken, bringing 225 rooms and 40 residences to the urban outpost just over the river from Manhattan. The high-rise infuses the neighborhood with an urbane vibe in its Zylo Tuscan steakhouse, Chandelier Room tapas bar and Living Room lobby lounge. Expect signature W beds, Bliss bath amenities, likely a few extra square feet than a comparable spot in NYC, and, if you’re lucky, some pretty killer skyline views. Perks also include New Jersey’s only Bliss Spa, which covers two stories for their signature facial and body treatments (and brownie bar), while Sweat Fitness has become a popular destination for spinning classes.
In the Area
The W was smart to touch down in Hoboken — 15 miles from Newark International Airport, minutes from Manhattan and the first world-class option for travelers to the immediate area. Convenience continues to be key during the stay, with free bikes at the concierge, and Acuras to take you wherever you need to go in Hoboken, gratis with a reservation. Nearby you can grab beers at the Pilsner Haus beer garden or sip craft cocktails at the throwback Kolo Klub. And the Big Apple’s attractions are just a 10-minute train ride away.
How to Get There
I love this hotel. I love the Lobby, I love the river views, I love the location and the staff is fantastic. It‘s pricey, but after staying here several times, It‘s easily one of my favourite places to stay.
If you can get a good deal on one of the rooms that has a view of the river, it‘s completely worth it. The view of Manhattan is fantastic at night!
1. You‘ll sleep. The beds are extremely comfortable, linens are smooth and fresh, and the rooms are quite well insulated. Almost no noise can be heard.
2. Very, very clean rooms
3. Showers are phenomenal - great way fo start your morning or end your evening
4. Free Bliss products - not the crummy cheap soap offered at other hotels. This stuff is nice.
5. Plenty of lighting & work space provided in every room.
6. wonderful & accomodating staff
7. Location - walk a few blocks and You‘re in restauraunt heaven & a 5 minute walk to the Hoboken PATH station.
1. Pricey - but its NY/Hoboken, to be expected
Been here several times, and plan on returning soon :)
An elegant hotel with polished, professional and friendly staff. Great rooms with all amenities, pleasant dining areas and bar and very convenient location. Had a great couple of night here. Parking is a problem but if you don't want to find a public parking spot, use the valet service and just forget about your car.
Stayed at this hotel in a recent visit to Hoboken. Much better than the Park Hyatt I was put up on last time! But no pool.
Had a nice room with a comfy bed and good view. The staff were really friendly at reception and had a good stay.
Only negative was that the food at the work event we had at Lulu's in the hotel was variable. Fish was good but meat was tough. That was a disappointment.