Red Rock Casino, Resort and Spa
What We Love
- All bookings with travel dates until Dec. 30, 2015, will receive one $50 value pack (valid once per stay) that comes with perks like one free cocktail at any casino bar, one free bingo blue pack, one free $1 three-spot keno ticket, one free dessert with entree purchase at Grand Cafe
- Guests must be 21 or older and a Boarding Pass member to redeem; this is a free membership program, and eligible guests are enrolled upon check-in
- Family friendly, but if your kids want to participate in Kids Quest, they will need proof of immunization records upon their first visit; there’s also an on-site bowling alley and movie theater
- The Adventure Spa, where you can organize a host of outdoor activities in the high desert playground west of the resort
- Relaxing in the 25,000 square foot spa with everything from Moroccan oil scalp massages to red rock body wraps
What To Know
- Good for people who want the casino, spa and restaurant side of Las Vegas, but in a less cramped and more serene environment
- Not on the Strip – this resort is around 10 miles to the northwest of Downtown
- A $100 per night incidentals hold on your credit card will be collected at check-in
- A $25 resort fee per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout and includes airport transfers and WiFi
- READ MORE: Where to eat, play and shop in Vegas
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Just a hop, skip and a jump from the striking rock formations and solitude of Red Rock Canyon and 10 miles from the chaos of the Las Vegas Strip, the Red Rock Casino, Resort and Spa is the perfect getaway for those who like their sin served au naturel. You can test your luck at the slots and your bluff at the poker table in the megalarge casino, get an exquisite massage in treatment suites that appear to float on water and dine at restaurants comparable to the hot downtown names. But should you also crave a real outdoor adventure, you’ll find an authentic (not manmade) back-to-nature experience here that other Vegas hotels can’t match. And then there are the rooms and suites themselves. All are glossy, modern affairs with dark chocolatey walls set against crisp white bedding and marble bathrooms with deep-soak tubs, lighted makeup mirrors and 15-inch flatscreen TVs.
In the Area
Arrange through the resort’s Adventure Spa to saddle up before dawn one morning for a ride through the Red Rock Canyon. You’ll be on your horse in time for the rising sun to set the surrounding cliffs ablaze. Afternoon rides are equally gorgeous, and include a cowboy dinner served fireside at the end. The rapids are mild, but the scenery is beyond wild when you kayak the Colorado River through the Black Canyon. The guided daytrip starts at the base of the Hoover Dam and ends at Willow Beach, a few miles downstream. Along the way you’ll get to stop and soak in natural hot springs. Take the kids along on a half-day trip to a local mine that is rumored to be haunted. You’ll visit three shafts and learn the story behind gold mining here. After the mine you’ll hit the water, for an easy paddle downstream. Red Rock Canyon is the USA’s fifth-most-popular rock climbing destination, and offers routes suitable to all levels. If you’ve never climbed before, this is a great place to try it out; if you’re an expert, there are a number of technical multi-pitch routes. Check with the Adventure Spa for info and guided trips. They even have an indoor climbing gym.
How to Get There
Was there 5 nights over Super Bowl Weekend. First we stayed there because we like the casino and the area. I don't understand why they cannot build two elevator banks in a hotel one at every end when the rooms are so far from the elevators. That was a big complaint of mine because of course the only room with a king was 44 rooms from the elevator. The room itself very nice, comfy bed and nice bathroom. Housekeeping came very early and if you were not out of the room they did not clean....Its Vegas I am up late gambling not out of the room by 9am! The fridge issue is annoying that you cannot store any water or soda you buy in it. But we really like the casino (did pretty well) and the restaurant selection if excellent if you are drinking and don't want to be out driving there is plenty to choose from and all pretty good. Thus the reason we would return and stay there again....just make sure you get a room closer to the elevator!
Hotel is average, they do not have coffee in the rooms, the internet drops in and out many time each, worse in the morning. For resort fee I would expect a little better. The hot water is instant which was a plus
Price is exceptional, rooms are 4 star and spa is incredible. Casino games pay way better than the strip. My favorite place in Vegas. Bowling allies are fabulous and movie theater is great on Wednesday. $4 - 50 years or older.
Once you stay at the Red Rock you'll never stay anywhere else. The facilities are first rate. Lots of places to eat and drink. Downtown Summerlin is within walking distance or a short uber. A shuttle will take you to the strip for free...I'm not sure why you'd go there. Will stay at the Red Rock every time I come to Vegas unless someone else is paying.
I stayed for the first time here last week during the Super Bowl, and I must say that the hotel, staff, and room amenities far exceeded my expectations. The linens were crisp and fresh without any blemishes. The bathroom was spotless upon check-in. I did have a problem with the TV, but I called Rosario, the hotel operator, and she dispatched John from maintenance to quickly fix the problem before the game started. Their timing was more than efficient, and they were very helpful, professional, and friendly. Honor bar system had a good selection of beverages. The bathtub was one of the better ones that I have used, and the water temperature was perfect. All of the guest agents at the desk during registration and check-out were efficient and professional. Even the helpful shuttle driver to the airport got me from Red Rock to Terminal 3 at McCarran in less than 30 minutes. The tables weren't good to me there, but the team at the cafe were very nice and efficient. I will be returning again for more of their top notch service and amenities. Well done Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa.