The Taj Mahal Hotel
What We Love
- The view from the rooms of a remarkably green part of the city
- The crystal-clear outdoor swimming pool is the perfect partner to Delhi’s searing heat
- The staff who can’t do enough for you and always remember your name
- The magnificent curving white marble staircase in the impressive lobby
- Outstanding dining options, overseen by one of India’s most respected chefs, Hemant Oberoi — Wasabi is even a Morimoto restaurant
What To Know
- The hotel was last renovated in 2011
- Families do stay here, but the majority of guests are luxury business travelers
- This is a five-star property with international five-star prices on-site
- The style of the rooms is slightly old-fashioned – or classic, depending on your taste
- Some rooms are presently being renovated and expanded, but many are on the small side
- The drive to and from the airport can take about 45 minutes at busy times
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, you’ll be centrally located in New Delhi, convenient to Khan Market and Humayun’s Tomb. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Vigyan Bhavan and National Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 294 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature deep soaking bathtubs and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a health club, an outdoor pool, and a spa tub. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 7 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Mingle with other guests at a complimentary reception, held daily. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. A train station pick-up service is provided at no charge, and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Cons: the mattress was not very comfortable, which is very important in a hotel! Rooms are a little dated, bathrooms need updated.
Pros: Excellent services all around, great breakfast, House of Ming excellent! great location.
Sumptuous Indian dishes and outstanding suggestions by chef Ankit amazing meal great host highly recommend.....A perfect dinner and perfectly organised by the taj team.... Gr8 experience and thankz once again to chef Ankit.... Cheers
Nice hotel at very good location. India Gate is within walking distance. Food options are not attractive. As there was some event in one of the restaurants, it was quite noisy even outside in the lobby! Service was as expected.
One of the best property in delhiCentrally located, nice room just need little renovations. Especially washrooms Great food. Awsome hospitality,Inspite of full occupancy and too many functions happening. The room service was really quickOverally perfect
A billionaire friend took me to this lovely restaurant for dinner a few days ago.
I found the food outstanding, the wine excellent and the staff very courteous and caring.
I'd love to go there again and again!