The Taj Mahal Hotel
What We Love
- The view from the rooms of a remarkably green part of the city
- The crystal-clear outdoor swimming pool is the perfect partner to Delhi’s searing heat
- The staff who can’t do enough for you and always remember your name
- The magnificent curving white marble staircase in the impressive lobby
- Outstanding dining options, overseen by one of India’s most respected chefs, Hemant Oberoi — Wasabi is even a Morimoto restaurant
What To Know
- The hotel was last renovated in 2011
- Families do stay here, but the majority of guests are luxury business travelers
- This is a five-star property with international five-star prices on-site
- The style of the rooms is slightly old-fashioned – or classic, depending on your taste
- Some rooms are presently being renovated and expanded, but many are on the small side
- The drive to and from the airport can take about 45 minutes at busy times
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, you’ll be centrally located in New Delhi, convenient to Khan Market and Humayun’s Tomb. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Vigyan Bhavan and National Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 294 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature deep soaking bathtubs and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a health club, an outdoor pool, and a spa tub. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 7 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Mingle with other guests at a complimentary reception, held daily. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. A train station pick-up service is provided at no charge, and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Centrally located property in New delhi, Though it is old property but maintained, Rooms are big comparative other hotels in delhi, Staff is very good and always helpful. Food is good. It is over all good hotel in Delhi.
we were on a short one day visit and chose this hotel due to the proximity of our work place.
despite being a pretty old property, it is very well maintained.
nice breakfast spread and eager staff at the restaurant.
our request for a smoking room was not paid heed too.
the only downside of our stay was the check in. despite being an iconic 5 star property, there was no one to help us with our luggage.
the bathrooms need an upgrade too.
A hotel with great history and tradition, where the staff ensures that guests are taken care of nicely. I was there for only 36 hours and I used most of their services from the check-in and check-out to the restaurants and the banquet facilities at the top (great views, by the way) Everything was done very well. Professionally and competently and certainly they make you feel they appreciate your business, even though the place was full. There certainly know how to handle both their guests and the visitors.