What We Love
- This luxe eco-friendly resort has a prime perch in Yountville, a food mecca known for its many Michelin-starred restaurants
- Hopping on the free carbon fiber bikes to explore Yountville
- Every room is a spa suite
- Rooftop pool is open year-round
- LEED Platinum certified
- On-site gardens and a restaurant supplied by local farmers
What To Know
- In-room spa treatments are not included in the rate
- Quiet and adult-focused; leave the kiddos at home
- There are a handful of vineyards within walking distance
- Pet-friendly; bring along Fido for a $150 fee per stay per room
- Eco friendly
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Just a short walk from some of Napa Valley’s best restaurants and wineries, Bardessono aims to be the greenest resort in the area. Every element of this relaxed, Italian-inspired hotel was carefully chosen by skilled artisans, from the rusting steel to the recycled cypress wood. Most of the energy comes from solar panels and the hot tub is heated with geothermal energy. But you’d never know it.
Bed & Bath
The 62-room hotel is made up of modern spa suites that surround a series of four courtyards. The minimalist open-plan design feels like an airy urban loft with gas fireplaces, private courtyards or balconies and tech perks like surround sound and 55″ HD TVs. The indulgent bathrooms spoil with soaking tubs, REN bath products and a concealed massage table.
Cycle to nearby vineyards on one of the hotel’s free bike rentals before heading back for some bubbly and a dip in the rooftop pool. Then it’s time for dinner at Lucy Restaurant & Bar, which serves field-to-fork fare made from the bounty harvested daily from the hotel’s own gardens and from local organic dairy producers and farms. The wine list highlights small producers along with organic, sustainable and biodynamic wines from around the world.
In the Area
Bardessono is directly across the street from Thomas Keller’s Bouchon Bakery and within walking distance of Ad Hoc, Keller’s rustic family-style restaurant. Also nearby? Jessup Cellars, which offers free tastings for parties under eight, a rarity in wine country these days. Get your caffeine fix each morning from the Coffee Caboose. San Francisco roaster Ritual provides the brew, which is served out of an actual caboose from an abandoned train (attached to the Napa Railway Inn).
How to Get There
Second visit as good as first. Service very friendly and rooms nicely appointed. Walking distance to both French Laundry and Yountville. Friends have stayed at other hotels in Yountville and have told me this is the best. Bistro Jeanty a nice place for dinner as well and a couple of blocks away from hotel. Fitness room too small.
So proud that Napa area offers this type of hotel which is worldly luxurious and elegant yet still provides casual and cozy feelings while we stay. As others say Bardessono is just right and perfect, I’ll add a few little more things here...
1. Bestest pet friendly hotel (word!!!)- what I loved the most is that the hotel issued an welcoming letter addressed to my dog and it lists all near pet friendly restaurants and places. How thoughtful can it be! Also they set up lights around the hotel outside so we felt safe for our frenchie’s walk at night, and because they are expanding the hotel, that creates a good distance for walk.
2. Lexus car service- Lexus contracted with about 11 hotels in US and the Bardessono is one of them... so hotel guests can car-rent Lexus free (forgot the details pls check with Bardessono) or use them as chauffeur. We took the later service. We walk to the destination and when our frenchie gets tired, we called Joe from the hotel to drive us back to the hotel with Lexus LX or GX. Woohoo!
3. Motorized light shades installed all rooms- so your rooms can be not only completely quiet but also shut out all lights from outside! The Bardessono was rebuilt in 2009 so all house gadgets are totally up-to-date. P.s., their jet bath works great and the shower room can be a mist room too.
Needless to say Bardessono is located the center of Yountville thus all renowned wineries and restaurants are walking distance. We enjoyed the Bouchon bakery as complimentary breakfast but also walked there too. So cool. Hope your experience at The Bardessono will be wonderful too!
This hotel doesn’t have a lot of rooms so none of the amenities feel crowded. Rooms are spacious, bathroom has a great soaking tub with a big window, private outdoor area, and a fireplace. Nice outdoor sitting area with a fireplace just outside the bar. The restaurant was very good for breakfast and lunch, but there are better options for dinner within walking distance. Only downside was that they could not accommodate spa appointments.
My wife and I met some of our best friends last weekend at Bardessono. Our trip was outstanding. The property is so relaxing and perfectly located in the middle of wine country. Situated in downtown Yountville, we were in a great location to explore all areas of Napa Valley. The entire Bardessono team was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms and grounds were beautiful and the hotel pool was perfect (and quite large). Highly recommend the in-room spa treatments-perfect for a romantic weekend. The online photos do not do this property justice. We highly recommend and can’t wait to visit again!!
I want to hug Bardessono This hotel is everything you look for. Long or short getaway. Staff, warm-caring -thoughtful-happy and ready Ready to help in any way. Front desk , Concierge, parking, catering, suite maids , Restaurant servers and more. All great. When you enjoy the Napa feeling Bardessono is there to make it more Perfect. Hooray for the suites . Hooray for everything. !! Counting days when we return♥️