The Spa at Norwich Inn
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Located in Norwich, The Spa at Norwich Inn is in the suburbs and convenient to Norwich Golf Course and Mohegan Sun Casino. This golf hotel is within close proximity of Mohegan Sun Arena and Norwich Arts Center.
Make yourself at home in one of the 99 air-conditioned rooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, as well as phones with free local calls.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find an outdoor pool, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional features at this Georgian hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and express check-out. Planning an event in Norwich? This hotel has 6932 square feet (644 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Arrived and had no difficulty checking in. Staff seemed very friendly just to note it appears that there are no elevators so if you have a reservation on the second floor you’re going to have to carry your luggage up the steps unless you have the bellhop help you. We stayed in room two which is right at the top of the steps the view was of the parking lot trees and shrubbery. The room itself was a good size that had two bathrooms with single sinks. We were not there for the spa however there were a lot of people walking around in robes. The siding for this hotel is very green hilly lots of trees. There are some pools on site which she would have to walk to and also there are multiple cottages On property as well. I did order ice as there are no ice machines and it was never delivered. The pub on the first floor has a very receptive and interactive bartender. She was very accommodating and friendly. Overall a nice hotel
OK, a very good friend likes to go spa hopping with some of her friends from Boston, so we picked The Spa at Norwich Inn as a good place for us to have a reunion of sorts. We try to see each other a couple times a year since we no longer live nearby (she in Boston me in NYC), and this seemed like a good middle ground for us with the advantage of it being a spa, something we both enjoy.
We stayed for two nights Friday-Sunday in June. We lucked out because the weather was phenomenal, and while the hotel has nothing to do with the weather it definitely would affect your stay there. If your stay happens to be rainy I would assume you would have a different experience than we did.
First the pros, of which there were many:
1. The grounds of the spa are absolutely beautiful, and there are so many different areas to explore (between inside and outside) that even though one would assume form the very full parking lot that the hotel was pretty full while we were there you always felt a bit secluded. You would see people happily in white robes of course, but you never felt crowded because there are just so many beautiful places to go and see and relax.
2. Our room was very large with a separate living room from the bedroom, which was nice because we did use the pullout bed and it was far enough away from the bedroom area that we each felt we had privacy and didn't hear anyone SNORING :). The bathroom was really large too.
3. EVERYTHING was immaculate. The spa was spotless. The grounds were extremely well tended. The hotel itself was beautifully taken care of and our room was spotless. The restaurants were also completely spotless.
4. The spa facilities in the main building are fantastic. We each had a treatment that was wonderful. The pool was lovely. The juice bar was great and the attendants really polite and upbeat. The bathrooms were spotless and had great lockers four our stuff. It wasn't lacking in anything. The relaxation room was perfect. Honestly the spa at the main building was fantastic. The person who gave me my treatment was fantastic and the treatment itself was SO relaxing and wonderful.
5. I like the fact that you can charge everything to your room and that a %15 gratitude is automatically added and that even more important everyone made a point to tell you that it was added so there was no confusion.
6. This place is really a bargain! Overall meals, drinks, and the stay itself were much cheaper than I had anticipated.
7. Great cocktails!
8. Almost everyone we encountered that worked at the Inn was super helpful and friendly. great service (mostly)
9. Very easy to get to from both Boston and NYC.
10. I hate when a hotel is noisy, and from our room, which wasn't secluded in any way (room #39) we almost never heard a peep from outside or any other room. We weren't in it much to sleep, but our sleep was definitely not disturbed in any way either night.
Now, the negatives, which I feel are important to note, though there aren't many.
1. We were informed by a staff member about a coed spa (most of the indoor spa at the main Inn are segregated (males on one side. females on the the other), which is fine, but they knew that we were friends of opposite sex catching up so they told us about this coed spa that is on the property. It's past a complex called "the villas". It's an easy enough walk to find it, but I wouldn't advise it. It's sort of a...public pool. I think people live in the villas on the property (either full time or for extended stays) and this is there...well...pool. So, there aren't any of the amenities there are at the actual inn. So, if you forget a water, juice, robe, or ANYTHING you are going to go back to the main inn to get it. There is a phone there that I think you can call the main inn to get things delivered to you (they do offer to drive you to it in a golf cart which is nice), but nothing is convenient there. And it was loud with children (being children) and crowded. It honestly felt like some public pool. It's almost a detraction rather than a plus. Yes it is coed, but we got out of there as soon as we realized that we couldn't even get a water if we needed one. Plus we couldn't hear ourselves talk. It's not awful, and I don't mean to make it sound that way, bit it's not nice, and has a totally different vibe than the actual Inn. As I said...it's more a public community pool with no amenities.
2. The food was awful. Almost without exception. When the food wasn't awful the service was. We ate in the pub the first night. OK, that actually was decent, and the waitress at the pub was really friendly and helpful. She even gave us a bag of ice to take to our room because oddly there are ice buckets in the room but no ice machines anywhere. You can call room service to get it, but why do that just for ice? We had breakfast in the restaurant on the deck Saturday morning. That morning the breakfast was decent, but the service was AWFUL. We almost left it took so long for a waiter to even acknowledge us. It took ages to get our smoothies and food. We just grabbed lunch at the bar near the spa which while staffed by really friendly people and very quick consisted of tap water and wraps that were the quality you get at a Pret or Starbucks. Mine fell apart after the first bite. We didn't finish, and just went back outside to enjoy the beautiful grounds on a beautiful day.
We had dinner than night at the restaurant and this was my biggest issue. Yes it was rather busy and there was a large table of about 10 people sitting next to us, but our waitress was either A. A very bad waitress B. Totally overwhelmed C. Didn't care about us at all D. All of the above or something I can't figure out. She wasn't exactly rude, but just kind of didn't give a sh*t about us. She was harried which made us feel harried and nearly threw our food on the table when she brought it out. She hardly checked on us at all during the course of dinner and just wasn't friendly at all. Not unfriendly, just...not friendly. And the food was terrible. My steak, which I asked for medium rare was more well done. It was more well done than the bacon I asked for to be charred the next morning, which brings us to Sunday's breakfast back on the outdoor deck, which was AWFUL. This time our waiter was super nice, and quick, but the food was TERRIBLE. I made the mistake of getting another wrap, which again was of the quality you find at a Pret in a plastic package and fell apart. Everything lacked taste. We regretted not checking out and eating breakfast elsewhere.
In short we knew this wasn't going to be a five star resort like Cliff House in Ogunquit or The Dolder Grand in Zurich, so we were basically very happy. As I said this is a really affordable and convenient place to go! I think it would be best to go there for an afternoon at the spa and to wander the grounds than to stay there and try to find a decent meal. This is a place I would recommend visiting if you happen to be in the area of vacationing in Mystic.
It may be the cleanest room I have ever stayed in, …but we did not sleep well.
The bathroom was spotless, … but why did they not change the waste lines (plumbing in the floor) of the toilet, and put the toilet against the wall, instead of leaving it in the middle of the room, causing you to be a contortionist reaching for the toilet paper?
Our bed was uncomfortable and we tossed and turned all night. I woke with a very stiff neck.
The glass in our window was clouded.
... but the hotel property was well manicured and beautiful.
We were not thrilled with Kensington's, their fancy dining venue (reviewed separately).
... but there is a lot of potential.
We booked the inn during the Christmas holiday and so the place was decorated with Christmas decorations! I love Christmas! Checking in was easy, they offered a free glass of wine during our arrival and the front desk provide us with a list of events at the property during our stay. They have a lot of events from morning till night during the New Year's Eve.
Check out was as easy as A B C
Think of an inn in the countryside, it was exactly that type of feel. It was cute and the bed was comfortable.
The bathroom got a bathtub, but it was cracked at the edge (no big deal). They have their own brand of soap, shampoo, and conditioner; as well as a body cream. I was actually happy about that, given that their spa was well known for.
There are a few restaurants at the premises, but we didn't get to try them.
Staff was always friendly and helpful every time we seek for help. Wifi was free in the room. We didn't get to try the spa because we got no time.
It was a great location to stay at, it was only a 5-minute drive to Mohegan Sun Casino. The only downside was there was not a convenient store like CVS nearby. Overall, will definitely come back and try their spa next time. I think this is also a great place for a family with a newborn child to stay at and relax during Christmas or New Year's since they have plenty of events going on that will keep the parents entertained without being outside to remove the hassle of bringing baby bags/strollers.
I purchased the revitalizer package at the spa and this is my third time visiting. It is incredible what you get for the price. You physically don’t want to leave. I had a fitness class, massage, pedi, lunch and a free product included in my package. The only thing I was sad to miss was the wine tasting at the end of the day. They used to do this as part of the package and it was a nice cap off to the day. Wish they would bring it back :( Other than that, it’s truly amazing !!!