Belmond Governor’s Residence
What We Love
- The urban sanctuary atmosphere
- Going for a dip in the fan-shaped pool after a sweltering day of sightseeing
- Spacious, tastefully decorated rooms
- Fresh ginger tea and mohinga (rice noodles with fish soup) served at breakfast
What To Know
- It’s a 10-minute taxi ride to downtown — taxis in Yangon are ancient, so functioning windows, let alone air conditioning, are rare
- The pool gets deep quickly, so keep an eye on kids
- Rainy season runs from May to October, and downpours are often torrential
- WiFi is free but slow
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Belmond Governor’s Residence is centrally located in Yangon, walking distance from National Museum of Myanmar and close to The Planetarium. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of People’s Square and Yangon National Theatre.
Make yourself at home in one of the 49 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LED televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Treat yourself with massages, body treatments, and facials. This Colonial hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Free self parking is available onsite.