Six Senses Kaplankaya
What We Love
- Walk-in closets in all rooms
- Weekly wellness talks
- Complimentary water sports at Taslik Koyu, the property’s private beach
- A 107,500-square foot spa with 40 treatment rooms
What To Know
- A Program Adviser will contact you two weeks prior to your arrival to fine-tune the details of your stay (spa treatments, outdoor excursions, etc.)
- The hotel is a 10-minute helicopter ride from the Milas-Bodrum airport
- Cell phone usage is restricted to your private room
- Each restaurant menu here displays complete nutritional information for all of its dishes
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Therapeutic doesn’t begin to describe the restorative vibe at this seaside stunner, sleekly camouflaged into the rugged mountains of Turkey’s Turquoise Coast. This idyllic all-inclusive selected an unvarnished backdrop for its initial international outpost: Muğla, which some now consider a hushed and more exclusive alternative to Amalfi. Whether you choose from an array of curated “focused stays,” ranging from weight-loss packages to a four-day program aimed at aspiring non-smokers, or simply want to unplug, you’ll emerge decidedly detoxed. Start with a dip in the electric blue waters of the Aegean, followed up with a pampering, centuries-old herbal body treatment at the gargantuan spa (the brand’s signature basalt stone massage is also a worthy option), then tuck into freshly caught seafood and mezze at the poolside café, Wild Thyme. For total privacy, opt for one of the 49 “rooms on the ridge,” spread out across a maze of slopes laden with olive trees, all set above the main resort building.
In the Area
History junkies can delight in the fact that this resort is within driving distance of two ancient world gems, the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus and the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus—both claim Seven Wonders of the World status. Also close is the port city of Bodrum, a pretty mix of white stucco homes and bougainvillea vines and its star attraction, a 15th-century castle, which now houses the Museum of Underwater Archaeology. For those who want to stay closer to the emerald coves of Kaplankaya, there are a variety of customized guided hikes designed to fit different fitness levels, as well as windsurfing excursions—after all, you’re in the birthplace of seafaring civilization.
How to Get There
Very special resort - amazing beaches, good restaurants- a couple are quite basic but 2 excellent with lots of atmosphere and a very good well equipped spa and pools. Brilliant service from committed staff.
We have been to Six Senses at Kaplankaya twice now, in September 2017 and in June 2018. This is a little jewel providing breath taking views over the Ege!! a few noteworthy highlights:
1. Fantastic welcome from the team, from the GM to the waiters and the Spa manager! we really felt like coming back to a cosy welcoming vacation home, which made us feel right away in a full vacation mood!
2. Fantastic room! already last year our room was really nice, but we were granted this time a "once in a life time room"! Completely amazing. Comfortable bed and linen, everything is automated (and it works!!), superb bathroom. Well, the website pictures do not lie.
3. Great improvements to the infrastructures have been made over the winter: enlarged terrace at the main restaurant, re arrangement of the common areas in the main building, making the interior warmer and more cosy, relocation of the boutique to the main building, etc. Kids Club relocated and redone from scratch. The family beach has been redesigned and is still being worked on.
4. Fantastic Kids Club! Our oldest son ran away from our meals to gain more time in the club! The team speaks a good level of english, which is sufficiently rare in this region to be mentioned.
5. Six Sense Spa is worth its world class reputation! We just regret we did not have time to spend more time there!
6. Restaurants: since early June, Wild Thyme is also open at night, which makes a great addition to the food offering. During our first stay, this was missing and we were not disappointed by that Wild Thyme!! Mezze by the Sea remains unique and we have probably eaten our best levrek since we live in Turkey!! On Sunday, we opted for the brunch, which offers the widest choice one can imagine! In summary: thumbs up for the food and the restaurants!!
My husband and I had a lovely 5-night stay here in June. Despite one issue with our room type (which was properly resolved once a manager got involved), we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The facilities are excellent and expansive and the various small beaches are lovely. Staff, for the most part, was very attentive, efficient, and friendly. Food at the various restaurants was very high quality (Mezze by the Sea was a particular favorite) and very reasonably priced by priced by London standards, although probably a bit more expensive than outside the resort. One word of warning to potential guests, the resort is very isolated and any restaurants or shops outside of the hotel complex are least 45 minutes to an hour+ of travel by car and/or boat so if you're looking to explore the area and try lots of restaurants, this is not the place for you. But if you're looking to mostly stick around the resort, enjoy beautiful scenery, and a relaxing getaway - you've found the place!
Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! everything is great at this hotel, several pools, several beaches, entertaiment for the kids, separate beach for the families, huge hamam, spa area. Top notch fitness center. Can't list everything. I was there only for two days - it was surely not enough!!!
My girlfriends and I came for what we thought would be a great 1 week girls vacation. It ended up being one of the best experiences of our lives. The property is impeccably done down to every last detail. The service is world class and they made us feel special every day. We tried both the Swedish massage and Thai massage (as well as ALL of the spa services and hair salon). So much to choose from! My Thai massage was with Enna who packs so much magic into one talented person...it was the best massage I have ever had. I left thinking, "What just happened? That was amazing!". We also booked a private one hour yoga session with Hilal which we did on a shaded platform over the Aegean Sea. We were all different levels of experience but we all flowed together as Hilal attended to each of us exactly where we were. It was a beautiful and soulful experience that left us speechless and smiling all day.
The food at the hotel is fabulous but the best experience we had was several meals at Anhinga where the chef was able to create meals just for us. It was the kind of meal where you anticipate each course before it arrives and of course the seafood is to die for.
The bar had a huge variety of specialties so much so that we asked them to choose for us. Each one delicious and almost too pretty to drink.
My only regret was that we couldn't stay longer. We will definitely be back. This Six Sense resort is a very very special place.