Mandarin Oriental Bodrum
What We Love
- A choice of 10 wining and dining options
- Breezy waterfront setting on a private bay
- Bodrum is one of Turkey's most desirable vacation destinations
What To Know
- The resort is both sophisticated and super-family-friendly
- It's a 20-minute drive to the center of Bodrum
- The superb spa features a traditional Turkish hammam
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Overlooking a private bay on Turkey’s white-hot Bodrum Peninsula, this luxe resort aims to please all its well-heeled guests with a choice of 12 different suite categories and lavish apartments with up to four bedrooms. The vibe blends a high-end Asian feel with exotic Turkish accents, and most rooms take full advantage of the resort’s waterfront setting with floor-to-ceiling windows. The wining and dining options feel endless, from casual Mediterranean to haute Japanese. Got a sweet tooth? You’ll love the Terrace Lounge and the Mandarin Cake Shop, which both offer homemade treats along with sea views. The sublime spa is spread over three levels and offers a range of signature Mandarin therapies, as well as locally influenced treatments, like the Olive Branch Journey, which involves olive leaves picked from the garden, and a hammam experience, inspired by the centuries-old Turkish steam room tradition.
In the Area
If you can drag yourself away from the hotel’s two private beaches on the Aegean Sea, it’s worth exploring this stunning coastline further, preferably from a gulet, a traditional Turkish wooden boat. Blue Cruise Bodrum specializes in tours on these romantic vessels, either private charters or day cruises. Head into the town of Bodrum and party the night away onboard a different kind of vessel, the tacky-but-fabulous Club Catamaran, which claims to be Turkey’s only floating nightclub, or boogie down at the popular open-air Halikarnas club. If culture is more your thing, explore the Bodrum Museum of Underwater Archaeology, which incorporates the Bodrum Castle of the Knights of St. John and the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
How to Get There
We lived in the lap of luxury at Mandarin Oriental Bodrum. The resort was huge, but everyone at MO made our stay feel so personal. I booked two rooms for my family of 6 with Amex Fine Hotels. We were upgraded from our basic room to one the most expensive suites, a massive stand alone bungalow that had its own backyard, lap pool and amazing ocean views. We were so humbled by this generous upgrade. I’ve had experiences time and again with resorts like Four Seasons and their stinginess re: room upgrade perks associated with Amex Platinum. Mandarin Oriental went above and beyond and we are so grateful they took such great care of our family. My father in law returned to Turkey after 50 years, he had the most amazing time in Bodrum and the wonderful memories MO helped to make will stay with us always.
We continue to recommend Mandarin Oriental Bodrum as one the best resorts in the world after our last stay in September 2019! :)
- Location: White sandy beaches, turquoise water and beautifully landscaped gardens make this resort a true paradise. If you want go out (most people will not :)), there are amazing cultural attractions (eg Ephesus) and more earthy ones (eg fine dining) within driving distance
- Rooms: Amazing Italian design with Asian touches, with a lot of thought put into your comfort. We recommend a Mandarin Junior Suite with private pool which is simply amazing
- Food: Quality of food is very high, and there are many restaurants to choose from, including Italian, Turkish and Japanese. Breakfast was outstanding, and for us it was usually a 2 hours affair :)
- Service: This is the best part about this place. Harun, the GM, is putting a lot of effort in this area, and service was better than all Four Seasons, Aman or Peninsula hotels we visited. MO Taipei comes close :) Every team member was very professional and kind, and we made so many beautiful memories thanks to them
Bottom line: The value you get for your money at Mandarin Oriental Bodrum is very high. Come to this place and forget about other resorts in Europe. :)
We can only praise this hotel, and that would not even be enough! We had our wedding here last year and then came here to celebrate our first year anniversary and felt at home thanks to all the staff ❤️ Everything was truly amazing. They made us feel very welcome, helped us remember the great memories from our wedding from the year before, our butler went far and beyond to help us with anything we needed. Spa was just phenomenal, breakfasts were great - the staff welcomed us each day with a smile while we were feasting on delicious food. I can go on and on how truly wonderful this place is, if you want a truly amazing experience, try Mandarin Oriental Bodrum, you won’t be disappointed ☀️????????????????