The Ranch at Rock Creek
What We Love
- The property’s close proximity to Philipsburg, one of North America’s most charming ski towns
- Rodeo on the lodge grounds during the summer months
- An extensive indoor entertainment menu at the Silver Dollar Saloon onsite, including billiard tables, a bowling alley, karaoke, and more
- The generous 2:1 staff-to-guest ratio
What To Know
- Your stay includes a transfer from Missoula International Airport (about 90 minutes away)
- Guided outdoor activities can be arranged with little to no notice
- For children ages 4-12, there’s a kids’ club that offers up a range of outdoor educational activities (geocaching, pool games) while parents take a breather
- Despite being located at an elevation of 5,200 feet, all homes and cabins feature WiFi
World-class wilderness awaits adventurers at this 6,600-acre cattle ranch, where co-inhabitants include moose, elk, and eagles. Harking back to the days of pioneers and silver miners, the all-inclusive Relais & Chateaux resort is at once deeply rugged and exceedingly comfortable. The interiors are an inviting palette of deep crimsons and chocolate browns, paired with reclaimed wood furnishings and an impressive collection of antique photographs depicting ranch life. Attentive staff members, who all dabble in their own fair share of wrangling and mountaineering, are always ready to share a historical Montanan anecdote or two and make terrific guides for the vast array of outdoor excursions—fly-fishing on Blue Ribbon Rock Creek, horseback riding, hiking—offered in the resort’s backyard.
Choose from a quartet of accommodation styles: ranch-style suites housed in Granite Lodge, the resort’s centerpiece; lofts in the property’s revamped barn; classic log cabins; or a clutch of canvas cabins (the most private) flanked by cottonwoods, aspens, and gurgling Rock Creek. All room options are kitted out with frontier-themed antiques, Frette linens, and freestanding bathtubs. Being home on the range never looked so good.
Local bounty—Montana alfalfa sprouts, Sapphire Mountain honey, grass-fed beef—is prioritized in Chef Josh Drage’s dining room, where the organic menu items change daily. For an alfresco experience, don’t miss a chance to chow down on grilled flank steak and Alaskan salmon on the flagstone at the Granite Lodge, fired up every Thursday.
In an idyllic valley just south of Glacier National Park, it’s no surprise that outdoor activities are the main draw at this secluded resort. The ranch is a 30-minute drive to nearby Philipsburg, a restored former mining town, where hot spots include The Sweet Palace Victorian, America’s second largest candy shop, and an award-winning brewing company.
How to Get There
We have been going to the Ranch at Rock Creek for five years now. It is a very cool and unique experience! From the five star accommodations and culinary experience to the wide variety of nature-based activities, there is something for everyone! Once you experience the Ranch, you are already thinking about when you can come back!!
If you are looking for outdoor activities in beautiful Montana with accommodations that are luxurious and rustic at the same time, go to the Ranch at Rock Creek. Forbes Five Star and Relais and Chateau tell the price. Worth every penny and it includes most everything!
This place is amazing! There is such attention to detail on everything and nothing is overlooked. Everyone on staff is so accommodating and is available assist with anything at any time. This place is genuinely beautiful and the perfect place to just unplug and unwind. I look forward to my next trip back.