- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Fontaine in Kansas City (Country Club Plaza Area), you’ll be convenient to Country Club Plaza and Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Fountain of Neptune and Battle of Westport.
Make yourself at home in one of the 132 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities including a fitness center and a seasonal outdoor pool. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and wedding services.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a business center, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Kansas City? This hotel has facilities measuring 5700 square feet (530 square meters), including conference space.
How to Get There
The vibe. The atmosphere. If you haven’t been yet it is timeeee my friend.
The view from the restaurant let alone the vibe of the room had you and your guests feeling like your in the Effiel tower of Kansas City ;)
We have stayed at this property a number of times — first when it was Solera, and also since it has been Fontaine. It has deteriorated so badly that we will be changing to the Raphael on our next trip. It is very disappointing, because we loved this hotel. Items of concern on this trip:
1) our toilet leaked, so there was a perpetual puddle on the bathroom floor;
2) the cleaning crew did not vacuum, pick up loose paper or trash on the floor;
3) the cleaning crew did not empty trash containers;
4) the cleaning crew did not leave clean towels;
5) the cleaning crew did not leave toilet paper;
6) the cleaning crew did not clean the bathroom, but left dirty towels and cleaning rags on the counter next to the sink; and
7) only one elevator worked the entire weekend;
8) My original reservation for this trip was for one room, three nights, and one night was nonrefundable. I emailed the hotel and called twice to change the reservation to two rooms, two nights each. Since I was actually increasing the number of nights for which I would be paying, I asked that the nonrefundable component be waived. I was told each time that a manager would call me. No one ever did. I have tried repeatedly to reach the manager by email, but have received no reply.
The biggest draw back I saw during the business trip is that the nice, clean, quiet room was small enough that you had to step outside to change your mind. Otherwise I cannot find anything really bad about the hotel, its staff, or how it is maintained. However it is close to the plaza and offers vouchers for a yellow cab to take you within 5 miles. The only downside of the vouchers is that it may take quite a bit of time before the cab arrives. Next time I am in KC for business I will definitely be looking at this hotel....depending on the price because it was a bit overpriced
Beautiful hotel!! Walking distance to the plaza. Has great food and cold drinks. The rooms are super clean. Comfortable beds. Soft fluffy linens. Courtesy is obviously a strict policy.
I highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to the plaza
We were really looking forward to our stay with The Fontaine. It looked amazing online, in this case, pictures didn't tell the whole story. The entire room was filthy, the sink and shower leaked and the beds were not only dangerous but they are full size mattresses on a queen size wood "frame". When the beds are made they look queen size, thus a hazard. I have a giant bruise on my shin from running into the corner of the "frame", I reported this to the front desk and they literally said nothing to me in response. There's an ice machine but no ice buckets. Mattresses and bedding were just okay, on par with a Holiday Inn. When valet could be found they were very slow, but of course had their hand out. This property is located 2 blocks from an area filled with roaming drug addicts and vagrant. We were harassed multiple times and had the displeasure of witnessing a man urinating on the sidewalk. I could go on but I think you can get a feel for what this experience was like for us. I've attached photos from our room.