The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection
What We Love
- This former bank headquarters reeks of wealth: marble columns, the elaborate vault door, high ceilings, a huge, welcoming and stylish lobby
- Midwestern hospitality is for real – the staff could not be friendlier
- Minneapolis gets bitterly cold, but thanks to the downtown Skyway system you can stroll from your room as far as eight miles without ever setting foot outside
- Rooms are large and very well appointed, completely updated with great work desks and connectivity, large flat-screens and spacious bathrooms
- First-rate amenities: 24-hour fitness center, room service and business center
What To Know
- Because it is chic and perfectly located, the hotel is popular with wedding parties and family reunions on weekends
- During the work week it hosts a more austere business crowd
- Downtown Minneapolis is a business area and not especially appealing after hours
- If you need a cab, especially to the airport, call ahead, as they’re not often lined up outside; taking the light rail is a cheaper and more convenient option
- Valet parking is $30, but there are several cheaper garages within a couple of blocks
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection, you’ll be centrally located in Minneapolis, steps from Minneapolis City Hall and minutes from Minneapolis Public Library-Central Branch. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Mary Tyler Moore Statue and Hennepin Center for the Arts.
Make yourself at home in one of the 222 air-conditioned rooms featuring LCD televisions. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including wireless Internet access (surcharge) and concierge services. Additional features include gift shops/newsstands and a television in the lobby.
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Minneapolis? This hotel has 3000 square feet (279 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
Stayed here only one night. The room was more than fine as were the staff.
There is a restaurant in the hotel that looked quite nice but we didn't eat there.
The one main short coming if you are an Elite Member was the breakfast. There were no labels on the foods served; some plates and cups were dirty and the food preparation was not great.
I would like to give a formal compliment to Ms. Elizabeth F. She provided superior customer service to me. We visited your hotel for 3 nights recently. Ms. Elizabeth. was very nice and friendly when I was planning my trip – I emailed her several times. She answered all of my questions quickly and professionally. She tried to accommodate my special requests, like having access to a microwave due to medical needs. She did provide us access to the concierge microwave for entire stay, which was great. She decided to make us Emery guests of the day which was special. She even provided a room upgrade for us which was so nice of her! There were a few hiccups during our stay but Ms. Elizabeth made everything right. She ensured that we received what was promised to us. She always had a smile on and treated us like royalty. We left our hotel stay with a smile – all due to Ms. Elizabeth!
Ms. Elizabeth was professional and friendly throughout our interactions. She went above and beyond to solve any issues. She made me feel very good about the Emery and Marriott. First class organization through and through.
I rarely find anyone who is that customer service oriented in today’s world. Ms. Elizabeth puts your organization in a high-class tier. She is an asset to your organization and should be training new employees on customer service. This wow experience with Ms. Elizabeth has now made me a loyal customer of Marriott. Kudos to Ms. Elizabeth!
This was always my go to hotel when staying in Minneapolis, and I stay here about 15 nights a year. Everything was always great, nice rooms, nice staff, good concierge. I recommended this hotel to every co-worker who traveled to Minneapolis. This trip, however, was a let down. The rooms are still nice and all, and the staff is fine, but the concierge has been completely stripped down to bare bones. Water is the only beverage available during the evening ours, and they had a small tray of cheese and olives and no staff. The breakfast was the same, very stripped down, water and coffee only. REALLY poor, and I will not be staying here again.