The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection
What We Love
- This former bank headquarters reeks of wealth: marble columns, the elaborate vault door, high ceilings, a huge, welcoming and stylish lobby
- Midwestern hospitality is for real – the staff could not be friendlier
- Minneapolis gets bitterly cold, but thanks to the downtown Skyway system you can stroll from your room as far as eight miles without ever setting foot outside
- Rooms are large and very well appointed, completely updated with great work desks and connectivity, large flat-screens and spacious bathrooms
- First-rate amenities: 24-hour fitness center, room service and business center
What To Know
- Because it is chic and perfectly located, the hotel is popular with wedding parties and family reunions on weekends
- During the work week it hosts a more austere business crowd
- Downtown Minneapolis is a business area and not especially appealing after hours
- If you need a cab, especially to the airport, call ahead, as they’re not often lined up outside; taking the light rail is a cheaper and more convenient option
- Valet parking is $30, but there are several cheaper garages within a couple of blocks
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection, you’ll be centrally located in Minneapolis, steps from Minneapolis City Hall and minutes from Minneapolis Public Library-Central Branch. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Mary Tyler Moore Statue and Hennepin Center for the Arts.
Make yourself at home in one of the 222 air-conditioned rooms featuring LCD televisions. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including wireless Internet access (surcharge) and concierge services. Additional features include gift shops/newsstands and a television in the lobby.
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Minneapolis? This hotel has 3000 square feet (279 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
We loved staying at Hotel Minneapolis. The room was spacious and very clean. Valet Parking was $40/night, which is out of my price range, but we found a parking garage one block away that was $6/night after 4pm if you're out by 8am. The hotel is in walking distance of Target Field and the Mississippi River. If there was any negatives about this hotel, it was that the toiletries and coffee supplies were not replenished every day. We had an issue with the bathtub drain, but they took care of it as soon as we reported it. This is a very lovely hotel.
The amazing experience we had was with Zahra A. I honestly have never felt as welcomed to a hotel before as I did with her. She is the epitome of what guest service should be. I was surprised when she told my wife and I, she wasn't a manager. She should be!!! I would recommend the hotel every night of the week Zahra worked. If management reads this, you should very much consider putting her through a training program or grooming Zahra into a future position. It was my wife's birthday and when she found out, Zahra got just as excited as she was. She upgraded the room and gave us a couple drink tickets, appetizer ticket, and 2 tickets for the morning buffet. It's not about the stuff we got. It is all about her willingness to go the extra mile to make a guests birthday that much more special. Thank you Zahra for the start and end to an incredible experience. We look very forward to staying there again. The rooms were very clean. The bed was comfortable.
This is a good hotel, friendly staff, good location, nice rooms. Can't comment on foodservice as we ate elsewhere. We would stay again, it's a good place to sleep, also close to the new stadium. Walking distance to most downtown attractions.
I stayed here for business and found the hotel very good. The rooms were nice and he beds comfortable. The people working at the front desk were very nice and friendly. The food in the restaurant was very good as well
Booked this hotel through Hotwire and was happy with price and mystery selection until learning about extra fees.
There is a US$40 per night parking fee and internet access cost US$13.99 a day. We are from Canada, so with the exchange rate, it would have cost us over $100 to park for two nights and about $35 to use the internet. (It's 2018, there should be free Wi-Fi in a four-star hotel.) This seems like a gouge from this hotel. Even the manager of the Hotel Minneapolis who will post under this review about their competitive parking prices should realize that $100 in parking fees for two nights is insane.
Fortunately, it was the weekend, so the U.S. Bank Plaza parking lot two blocks over on 5th Street was only $6 a day for a total of $18, plus it's accessible from the skywalk, so you don't have to go outside in the winter.
Otherwise, the hotel is very nice, the lobby and bar areas are beautiful and the rooms were a good size with high ceilings.