The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection
What We Love
- This former bank headquarters reeks of wealth: marble columns, the elaborate vault door, high ceilings, a huge, welcoming and stylish lobby
- Midwestern hospitality is for real – the staff could not be friendlier
- Minneapolis gets bitterly cold, but thanks to the downtown Skyway system you can stroll from your room as far as eight miles without ever setting foot outside
- Rooms are large and very well appointed, completely updated with great work desks and connectivity, large flat-screens and spacious bathrooms
- First-rate amenities: 24-hour fitness center, room service and business center
What To Know
- Because it is chic and perfectly located, the hotel is popular with wedding parties and family reunions on weekends
- During the work week it hosts a more austere business crowd
- Downtown Minneapolis is a business area and not especially appealing after hours
- If you need a cab, especially to the airport, call ahead, as they’re not often lined up outside; taking the light rail is a cheaper and more convenient option
- Valet parking is $30, but there are several cheaper garages within a couple of blocks
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection, you’ll be centrally located in Minneapolis, steps from Minneapolis City Hall and minutes from Minneapolis Public Library-Central Branch. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Mary Tyler Moore Statue and Hennepin Center for the Arts.
Make yourself at home in one of the 222 air-conditioned rooms featuring LCD televisions. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including wireless Internet access (surcharge) and concierge services. Additional features include gift shops/newsstands and a television in the lobby.
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Minneapolis? This hotel has 3000 square feet (279 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
Booked through the Marriott site, the brand was kind of an unknown and that it was only a few minute walk from the Government Plaza light rail station from the airport was a great attraction to me, and while not much is here, easy walk to other things in the business and downtown area.
This hotel is kind of minimalist modern but was fine for one night. To be honest I did not use the lobby bar coffee shop etc as the "vibe" someone spoke about did not interest me. I do not want to have coffee or a drink surrounded by millennials hammering way on their laptops.
We stayed in this hotel, Nov 1-3. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The lobby has such a great vibe to it, great coffee shop and bar area!! The rooms were very comfortable, linens were excellent. Very unique place to stay. Great downtown location and reasonable rates. Highly recommend this hotel. There is a parking ramp close by, if you don't want to pay for Valet! Can't wait to go back!
Amenities? Amenities come with the room and are included in the price you pay for lodging. This hotel charges for anything extra besides sleeping. As is the case with any downtown Minneapolis hotel, parking is NOT included, so valet is exorbitant. The room was cramped and painted with dark colors. The furnishings were not comfortable. The lobby is beautiful and the hotel even has its own designer smell. Sleeping was comfortable. The hotel was in a great location downtown. Not worth the price, however. I would not stay here again.