Kimpton EPIC Hotel
What We Love
- 16th-floor pool scene
- Nightly lobby wine hours
- Area 31, a fantastic seafood restaurant
- On-site Exhale spa, with its innovative treatments and classes
- Glittering views of the water and the city
- Pet- and kid-friendly
- READ MORE: Find your perfect Miami vacation?
What To Know
- Stay for three consecutive nights from now through November 30th and save an additional 20 percent
- Valet parking is $36 per day
- WiFi is free for Kimpton Karma Rewards members
- It's a 20-minute cab ride to South Beach
- Some rooms face the Hyatt across the street; request a water view at check-in
- Many nearby restaurants cater to a 9-to-5 crowd; you might have to go a little farther for more intimate off-site dining
- Parking On Site
With a stay at EPIC, a Kimpton Hotel, you’ll be centrally located in Miami, steps from Miami Convention Center and minutes from Bayfront Park. This 5-star hotel is close to Port of Miami and Vizcaya Museum and Gardens.
Make yourself at home in one of the 411 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Rooms have private balconies. 55-inch flat-screen televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment, while wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected. Partially open bathrooms with showers feature rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, a nightclub, and a health club. This hotel also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), gift shops/newsstands, and wedding services.
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 3 bars/lounges. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Miami? This hotel has 25000 square feet (2323 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
I know I am very partial when it comes to Kimpton hotels, but it’s for a very good reason. And Epic Miami is a perfect example of that reason. Staff is very welcoming and helpful. I broke my nail (I know, tragic) when I grabbed the suitcase wrong and they had nail clippers delivered to my room within 5 min. Need I say more? Ok I will. My room or shell I say palace was almost as big as my condo with amazing balcony and water views. Check out the pictures. Everything else that goes with Kimpton without saying. This will be my Miami home going forward.
We were so excited to spend time at this hotel, as it had generally high ratings. However, we found that this is the kind of hotel that appeals to a person who loves flash without substance. Here was our experience:
Our room looked great. These were the problems we had:
1. The tv was large and impressive. However, the picture was poor quality. To the credit of the hotel, a maintenance worker came up immediately to fix it when we called customer relations. The connection in back of the tv had to be fixed.
2. We bought food at the nearby Wholefoods and stored it in the refrigerator. Unfortunately, the refrigerator was not working and our food was spoiled. Again, the front desk immediately gave us a credit for the spoiled food and offered to replace the refrigerator.
3. There were three phones in our room. Unfortunately, the one at the bedside table did not work.
4. The shower was extremely complicated to use, with many levers. Unfortunately, there were no markings and no directions. I have stayed in many hotels and have never experienced anything so bizarre.
5. The elevators required that you insert your key to go to your room. This was such a difficult process that we needed help from staff to make it work. We observed others with the same problem. A staff member told us this was a common problem.
6. The gym was beautiful. In fact, the elliptical I used let you watch YouTube, movies, and other options. As someone who works out daily at a local gym, I found the machine to be one of the worst I have experienced in a hotel. After using it, I experienced back pain and I realized it was not set up properly. Even at the lowest setting, it was very difficult to use as the tension was improperly established. Also, there were no wipes provided to disinfect the handles.
7. As others mentioned, the parking fee of $41 was outrageous.
8. We found the staff extremely helpful and apologetic. We continually heard that many guests complained about the hotel for good reasons, and that there were substantial maintenance issues.
While this hotel looks beautiful, we felt as if we had purchased a used Porsche that had not been maintained except for the outside gloss. Hopefully, management will get its act together, as this has the potential to be a beautiful hotel. As it is, unless you get a huge discount, it is a poor value. We paid a little over $100 on Priceline for our room, and even then, it was a poor value.
We stayed here before our cruise and were delighted. We were initially apprehensive to learn of the pet policy here, but were quickly made comfortable by being placed on a pet free floor. The room was immaculate and the view was absolutely stunning of the bay. We literally watched the cruise ships roll in. Being able to bathe and watch tv and see views of the bay from the large open space was a delight! We would absolutely stay here again.
I stayed here for 3 nights over a weekend in May. The location of this hotel is excellent: it is in between the ultra touristy South Beach and the vibrant downtown area. My first impression of the hotel was great, the lobby is impressive in its refined simplicity, and there was a signature pleasant aroma that greeted us every time we entered. Our room had a balcony, which I believe is standard for all rooms, but it was awesome being able to overlook the water and also view the pool area from above. The balcony had a good amount of space and we spent several hours sipping drinks and enjoying the views it offered in the evenings. The room was very clean and modern, and the shower was the spacious rainfall-style. The bed was comfortable and we both slept great. There are two restaurants in the property: Zuma is a high end sushi spot, and Area 31 has more diverse offerings. We really enjoyed our dinner at Zuma on the patio overlooking the water, but keep in mind that this restaurant is extremely popular and a reservation is definitely required! The unique truffle sushi was probably our favorite. Possibly the highlight of our stay was when we were at the bar at Area 31 while waiting for our table at Zuma. The bartenders all seemed really nice, but we were being helped by a gentleman whose name I believe was Hector. He was very knowledgeable, made the best cocktail I've ever had (which meant I had to return shortly after to get another), and even did a complimentary tasting with us of a new high-end Japanese whiskey the bar just started offering. He really went above and beyond and made our visit at Area 31 memorable. My one complaint about the hotel is very minor, but we called on Sunday morning shortly before our checkout time at noon and inquired about checking out a little later, since our flights were scheduled for that evening. The receptionist just gave us a hard no, not offering an explanation or any flexibility. I would have expected at the very least they would have an option that included an upcharge, but there was nothing at all. You can't tell me that the hotel was fully booked on that Sunday night and even if somehow it was, there wasn't any way some other rooms could be cleaned first for a couple hours while we hung back... Nonetheless, I highly recommend the hotel; it shines in all the most important areas and I would definitely return!
Had a fantastic time at the Kimpton Epic. The ocean view balcony room was amazing and very memorable. The room was impeccably clean and spacious. The room wasn’t ready when we arrived which was disappointing but we were able to get a slightly late check out which was nice. Would definitely recommend this hotel! The wine happy hour is a great touch as well!