Congress Hotel South Beach
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Congress Hotel South Beach in Miami Beach (South Beach), you’ll be minutes from Art Deco Welcome Center and Lummus Park Beach. This beach hotel is within close proximity of Miami Beach Cinematheque and Flamingo Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 73 air-conditioned rooms featuring kitchens with refrigerators and stovetops. Flat-screen televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature deep soaking bathtubs and rainfall showerheads. Conveniences include safes and desks, as well as phones with free local calls.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Enjoy recreation amenities such as an outdoor pool or take in the view from a rooftop terrace. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include express check-out, a 24-hour front desk, and multilingual staff.
How to Get There
Paid for a room for one week, then they charged me 500 USD Extra, they said that they will just block the money and they never returned it back. They are just scamming people who stay in their hotel. booming.com couldn’t do anything about it and i just left not to miss the flight but the money was never returned.
DAY 1... We were told that we could check in at 2:30, when we arrived we were told that the guest that was already in the room decided to stay later so we weren't allowed to check in until well after 4:00. Mind you, our original check in time was 3:30. After we finally check in, we wait another 20 minutes for someone to bring our bags and show us to our room. When the guy finally came I give him my ticket, he takes the couple's ticket that had just finished checking in (not a racial issue but it was a white couple). I politely said "Sir, we have been waiting 20 minutes." He says, "Okay." He then walks out, brings each of the people with my party our bags (5 people with 2 bags a piece). Instead of showing us to our room he leaves us there and goes to personally pick up the white couples bags and place their 2 small pieces of luggage on a luggage cart and rolls their bags to their room while we are told to follow them to their rooms first and then he would show us where we were staying. So, all 5 of us are lugging and dragging bags down Ocean Drive behind him and the white couple with their 2 little bags being ROLLED on a luggage cart.
Day 2...We sent a text so that we could get toilet tissue before anyone actually needed it because we were low. After an hour passed, I texted back because I needed tissue to use the restroom. I get a response saying I understand, but housekeeping came today and there were 3 rolls. (That is untrue, we have never received tissue, and the only reason we even got towels was because we kept asking). He then boldly responds and says, If you have an emergency go to the 5th floor bathroom." UNBELIEVABLE!!! We are in a completely different building than the 5th floor he is referring to. I am so out done and as I type now, we still have yet to receive tissue. The service is unreal. As much as you pay to stay here for a pleasant experience, you need to look a certain way to be treated respectfully. I am so disappointed and embarrassed that I chose this location for my sister's bachelorette get away. To have to leave the comfort of your own space to use a public restroom because you are refused toilet tissue us by far the worst thing we have ever encountered.
We were charged over $200 in additional fees for 2 people for 3 nights. We had no cleaning service, towels or sheets and left the room in perfect condition. We have since asked repeatedly for clarification of the fees with no response. WATCH OUT!!! There is NO parking and $45 per day fee for valet parking. So count on paying big if you have a car. The staff needs to learn how to make eye contact and act as if there is someone standing in front of them with a question. Hotel entrance is down the alley and hard to locate. The music till 4AM was super loud even week nights. The location is as expected, diverse, fun, great restaurants, and the beach was great.
As the address suggests this is right on Ocean Drive. We the next building along from a club/pub, therefore the noise kicked off from 8pm till I’m unsure when. It was really loud and definitely disturbed our sleep. I found the room quite basic and nothing to write home about. It was clean. The towels are not changed unless you ask and the room is not cleaned unless you pay more. I can’t remember the charge. We had no view from our room, over looked the alleyway. When we found staff they seemed friendly. I wouldn’t stay here again.
There are a lot of things to know about this hotel before you go, but if you know what to expect I think you can have a great experience here!
1) The hotel is made up of four buildings (see attached pic). You will want to know what building you are in when you book as this is not obvious from the website. One of the buildings is directly over The Palace, which is one of the loudest bars on an already very loud street. One is a two-storey building directly next to the Palace, which I would also imagine is very loud. We are used to street noise and thought we would be OK with "loud" but this is a new kind of "loud" where you hear music until at least 2 am every night.
2) The hotel advertises a rooftop pool. This pool is actually also part of a rooftop bar for The Palace and so is more of a bar than a hotel pool. (I should say we loved The Palace and went here for drag brunch, just making sure people know it is loud and close by.)
3) We stayed in a room in the Congress/retro building with a full ocean-facing balcony. The balcony was generous and was great for people watching. The room was also large and great for us and our young son. We could spend time in the room and still feel like we were getting a great vacation. The kitchen had everything we needed to make simple meals.
4) The room has a renovated look and feel. That said, the upkeep is not as perfect as at other hotels. We noticed some dust and a few items that could have used repair. From our perspective, none of this was terrible or worth calling the front desk about, and because the hotel was definitely cheaper than other options we saw it as the price of a more affordable hotel.
5) The cleaning staff were really lovely. We got housekeeping for free since we stayed for 10 days and they would do as much or as little as we needed each day. The front desk staff was sometimes lovely and sometimes not... a mixed bag!
6) If you are travelling with a young kid they have one pack n' play to borrow for free - you can call ahead and book it if it's available.
7) Don't eat at the restaurants that are associated with the hotel, even with the 30% off. They are overpriced with very mediocre food. Do some homework and find places with better food at better prices.
Overall, if you know to expect noise and a few flaws with the room, this place was the perfect landing pad for us on our trip. We are glad we stayed here and