Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection
What To Know
- The hotel has a very small but comfortable pool
- Free bikes are available if you want to cycle the boardwalk
- There's no onsite self-parking, only valet
- Free WiFi is fast and reliable
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection in Miami Beach (Art Deco Historic District), you’ll be minutes from Art Deco Welcome Center and Lummus Park Beach. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Art Deco Museum and The Wolfsonian Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 75 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars (stocked with some free items) and flat-screen televisions. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Partially open bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Enjoy recreation amenities such as an outdoor pool or take in the view from a terrace. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and wedding services.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Full breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Miami Beach? This hotel has facilities measuring 850 square feet (79 square meters), including a meeting room.
How to Get There
This is a wonderful boutique hotel in South Beach. The check in time was exactly at 400 pm but we did appreciate a late checkout time ourselves. Our room was clean and compact. Coffee maker, with extra coffee provided on request. The bed was comfortable. The main issues were lack of plugs at bedside but we were able to make do with our long phone charging cords and the lack of lighting in the room. The bathroom is tiny but manageable. The hotel provides beach towels to use at the beach. You have a Resort fee of 20 dollars per day to pay for the beach chairs (umbrella extra fee) and internet. Plentiful water provided by hotel. The beach is a short 1 and 1/2 block walk. Many excellent restaurants in the area.
This hotel has nice style... think HGTV DIY, but if you look closely the finishes are not the highest quality.
The location is great. Very close proximity to the beach and a short $5 Uber ride to most venues.
The pool is very small. Not a pool you want to spend time with outside of the group you are traveling with.
The rooms are also very small, especially the bathroom. Think NYC size. In the bathroom, our knees touched the wall every time we went to sit on the toilet. The beds are also very small... felt smaller than standard double beds. There is little room to store luggage, so you constantly feel messy in the tiny hotel room. We were two in the double room, and if you are four people (even kids)... you would likely be very annoyed and angry at one another given the space constraints.
The staff are friendly and nice.
Overall, for a Marriott property... you can do better, find better options.
We made our reservation 9 months pre to our visit , although it Was non- refundable we where charged only days before arrival, it is a very beautiful hotel at Collins street , a few steps from Ocean Drive and the beach , at the entrance they put comfy chairs to stay and drink something if you like which was very nice . The hotel has an area on the beach with long chairs free of charge . As I remember our room was 321 , bedroom with sitting area , every thing was excellent from the front office to the housekeeping , even the men at the door were very nice and helpful, really very nice staff . Only one thing was unpleasant ... the closet !!! or to be specific.. the “hole “ to put you clothes , considering we were staying for 10 nights you can imagine how messy was the situation , I would ask the admin. to keep portable closets for long stay guests if they need it . Of course my husband and I would like to stay again in the blue moon if they would offer us a bigger closet 😊
I’d highly recommend going anywhere BUT this hotel. Only stayed one night (last night) and I would never ever recommend it. I’ve been a frequent traveler to Miami staying in some amazing ones - some right on the water, some overlooking the city - and never in 12 years did I have an experience like this. Let’s start with the cons;
1. Every negative review you’ve read before this - spot on. Pay attention because every person who wrote what was wrong about this hotel was 100% right!!
2. They charged 5 couples all different rates. From $219 to over $500. The Veteran rate was not the same across the board and the front desk’s treatment of them was rude & disrespectful- from the young lady the first night who apparently was never informed she is in the Customer service field and actually has to be nice to people (she’s not at a doggy daycare which is probably where she belongs so she doesn’t have to interact with humans) to the guy (I’d say gentleman but I’ll reserve that for men who are genuinely that - like the bellhop or the Bartender. Put them in charge seeing as they were kind, fun, pleasant, respectful, & all around nice guys) when we asked why we didn’t all get the same military rate (then tried to argue with me, ended up being so wrong it was comical , and never apologized,) Disgusting behavior. The hotel was founded by a man who lived in a generation of entertainers & couples who enjoyed the finer things in life but also understood what RESPECT meant (I know because I was raised by one) -they’d probably roll over in their grave if they saw what a lot of us did at this place
2, The pool is not what the photos show. It’s incredibly small and unless you have children under the age of 5 - you won’t be doing any kind of swimming (think jacuzzi on steroids)
3. Rooms are musty, little air conditioning, & uncomfortable bed.
4. You must pay ahead of time (with your room) for “INCLUDED” continental breakfast. That’s a lie - it’s not included at all. (Now THAT was funny - not really but I almost couldn’t believe what I was hearing lol. “ Ohhhhh Your included breakfast? Oh no that’s just a joke”. WHHHATT? Worked out - we went to a great Cuban restaurant that didn’t require me sacrificing my first born child.
1. Loved the people I was with
2. Bartender and bellhop were super nice guys who I told they should go work someplace way better.
3. Close to Wet Willies and Mangos
4. I literally can’t think of anything else - OH! They had FREE water with lemon & lime in the lobby!
I know the owners won’t do anything with this review because they’re sitting pretty in mansions in N.H. BUT I do hope it helps other travelers. For the love of God if you want a great hotel with breakfast and other amenities and honest people go some place else.
We chose this hotel because it was part of Marriott and had a good location. It was perfect being just one block off of ocean.
We arrived early due to disembarking from our cruise. They were kind enough to let us check in early. We liked the idea of the bike use but it was raining so we did not get to use them or the pool. The only cons were the bed comfort. Both my husband and I woke in the night with sore backs which is rare. The toilet kept running so we had to fix it each time it was used. And there was a very strong fragrance used in the lobby. We had to walk quickly through each time.