1 Hotel South Beach
What We Love
- Killer location on 600 feet of South Beach beach, and within walking distance of the city’s cultural hot spots
- The largest rooftop pool at an oceanfront hotel in South Beach
- Environmentally friendly focus
- Incredibly spacious rooms (accommodations start at 650 square feet)
What To Know
- Half the property is devoted to condos (a total of 163 residences) whose owners share the amenities
- The concierge can offer advice on adventures accessible on foot, bicycle, or one of the fleet of Teslas available to guests (based on availability)
- Free WiFi
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Sexed-up South Beach sleep with four pools, a farm-to-table lobby bar, and a celeb-helmed restaurant
1 Hotel South Beach is a sexed-up addition to Miami’s already sizzling scene. It features four pools ringed by cushioned loungers, cabanas and lavender daybeds, which seemingly float above the water, all of it providing the perfect perch to people-watch or take in the ocean views. The guest rooms vary from City View Kings to Oceanfront Suites with balconies, but all are decorated in salvaged driftwood, soothing neutral shades and hemp-blend Keetsa mattresses wrapped in organic cotton linens. Some have private furnished balconies and full kitchens — perfect for extended stays or families. There are all the mod cons, too, such as 55-inch LCD flat-screen TVs, Bluetooth speakers and Nespresso coffee machines. Start the morning with paddleboard yoga, have an in-room massage or go for a workout in the spacious Anatomy gym. When hunger strikes, you can head to the rooftop pool or casual Sand Box; both offer ocean views along with food and drinks, or sit down at Habitat to enjoy fresh local and sustainably sourced farm-to-table cuisine. Sip a nightcap at Drift, the lobby bar, and the next morning have the chef make you a picnic to take to the beach. And speaking of a beach break, the concierge can offer advice on adventures accessible on foot, bicycle or in one of the fleet of Teslas available to guests.
In the Area
Leave your bathing suit drying on the balcony and step out to see some of South Beach’s cultural destinations. Right behind the hotel, the Bass Art Museum has a small but spectacular permanent collection; it also frequently hosts events. A few blocks to the south, the New World Symphony holds great concerts and frequent, free Wallcasts, in which movies or concerts are broadcast on the Frank Gehry–designed exterior to be enjoyed by viewers in the park opposite. And if you make your way seven blocks down, the shops, cafés and farmers and antique markets of pedestrian Lincoln Road await. Once you’ve explored the city side of your home away from home, hit the boardwalk on the ocean side to bike, jog or stroll South Beach.
How to Get There
My wife and I are here for a baby moon and we have been here for one full day so far. The service from the moment we got here has been top notch. Atmosphere is fantastic and the pool scene(s) have so many options. We decided on the beach for the first day and as soon as we hit the sand Dennis, Natalie and Amillio had our entire setup ready to go and drinks/food/service were on point. Looking forward to the rest of our stay.
- Spacious room
- Natural, beautiful interior design
- Welcome cocktails at Habitat with terrific service
- Attentive pool staff with pillows, umbrellas
- Courtesy car (when available)
- Great music playlists throughout the hotel
- Large hotel, can stay on property all day without getting bored
- Great food at Plnthouse
- Solid yoga class with Derek
- Outstanding gym facilities
- Very weak communication prior to arrival. Had to follow up many times for basic questions
- Grumpy, apathetic courtesy car driver, couldn’t even be bothered to open the door for elderly people before us, and gave one word answers when asked something, didn’t even say thank you when taking a tip
Hung out at 1 hotel beach today and Emily was amazing. She was so personable and great. Request her if you go! Emilio was terrific too. He set us up real special and made sure we were comfortable throughout the day. And thanks Julio, for checking in on us, making sure everything was cool. Thanks Emily, Emilio and Julio, you made our day amazing.