Makati Shangri-la Hotel, Manila
What We Love
- Location near the chic shops and restaurants of Makati
- On-site outdoor pool and whirlpools, plus a separate pool for kids
- Live entertainment — from piano players to 14-piece orchestras — in the bars and lounges
What To Know
- A 10 percent hotel service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Expect business travellers
- Massage service is available, but there isn’t a full spa
- Some rooms allow smoking
- The airport is a 20-minute drive away; the hotel can arrange transfers for approximately £40 each way, or a taxi is about £5
- Free WiFi
With a stay at Makati Shangri-la Hotel, Manila, you’ll be centrally located in Makati, steps from Ayala Museum and Makati Stock Exchange. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Philippines Stock Exchange and Ayala Center.
Make yourself at home in one of the 696 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages and body treatments. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a nightclub, an outdoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 5 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available for a surcharge.
How to Get There
It truly was a wonderful stay even when we had an unexpected issue with our first room, it was dealt with straightaway. Hotel staff was beyond hospitable to my husband and I, most especially to our kids.
Would definitely return to Makati Shangri-La the next time we visit Philippines again.
I stayed at this hotel on 2 day trip to Manila. The check-in was very warm and I was touched on receiving a token gift for my tenth stay. As usual the rooms, service and staff support was excellent. The breakfast was excellent too with a wide variety.
An enjoyable stay.
This is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are large, very comfortable and very quiet, and the pool area is excellent. The staff are attentive and check-in and out is a breeze. The breakfast buffet is huge and top notch. The location is pretty good in Makati, you can walk over to Greenbelt, and other things are nearby. One small quibble: the hotel itself is a little busy- the lobby is a constant buzz of people.
I had stayed in various hotels in Ayala triangle and Makati Shangri-la is by far the most expensive but the best! Believe me when I say that the cost difference is really worthwhile.
And it is the best for the following reasons:
1. Horizon Lounge. We stayed at the Horizon Club. It means you have check in and check out at the Horizon Lounge at the 24th Floor while enjoying a sip of juice or wine. The lounge is open 24 hours with access to finger foods, coffee/tea and juices. There is cocktail hour from 5 to 7 pm with more food and alcohol served. The lounge also serves as your business center. I requested print outs and were delivered in my room. They also have meeting rooms available but require reservations.
2. Breakfast at the Circles. This is by far the best breakfast selection I had on all my travels! The best. Various selection from different cuisines, palate and diet restrictions. They have vegan and gluten free food selections too.
3. Room. We stayed at 4 nights at an ample size room around 45-50 sq.m at 24th and 25th floor with Makati views.
4. Service. The room is not just cleaned once! It is being cleaned and arranged every time we arrived (3-4 times a day). It is either the bathroom are cleaned, rubbish disposed off, the toiletries replenished or the bedsheets arranged. I requested for more conditioner and soap, was granted and they had not forgotten and did the same on my next stay. There will be also fresh fruits everyday. They also have amazing concierge; I had documents delivered prior to my stay but they accepted my package and delivered the package to my room (with me following it up). We also left luggages in between our stay and they safely kept it for us and delivered it to our room when we arrived. It is this simple things of being keen and their attention to details that set Makati Shangri-la ahead of others.
5. Amenities. Sweeping balcony. Piano music playing in the lobby. Wonderful concierge. L’occitane toiletries. Clean and modern gym and 24 hr Spa. I tried both the gym and spa and they are equally amazing.
6. Location. Located in front of Glorietta with walking distance to Greenbelt. 20 mins to an hour (depending on traffic) to the international and domestic airport.
This will be from now on my home when in Makati. Thank you for the staff who made our stay convenient and wonderful.
The hotel is large and very spacious. It has a sweeping wide lobby area with ~4+ restaurants, a wonderful workout and fitness center and all the amenities I could ask for. I stayed here for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. It's next to a mall, it's next to a Starbucks and tons of restaurants just across the street. Best of all, the service from the staff was second to none. I'd recommend if your travels take you to Manila.