Hope Street Hotel
What We Love
- A centrally-located boutique hotel with acclaimed dining and a choice of stylish roomsThe incredible location in the centre of Liverpool culture
- The historic façade and stylish modern interior
- The delicious dining and faultless service
What To Know
- The Liverpool Lime Street railway station is a 15-minute walk away
- Parking is available onsite for £10
- Free WiFi works well
Hope Street Hotel, and its award-winning restaurant, effortlessly blend contemporary style and lavish Venetian architecture in the heart of Liverpool’s cultural quarter. Embodying the historic charm and stylish rebirth for which the city is famed, Hope Street Hotel is perfectly located within walking distance of the Royal Philharmonic Hall, world-class museums and the shopping mecca of Liverpool One.
Hope Street Hotel’s individually-designed and well-appointed rooms include sumptuous beds draped in Egyptian cotton, delicious underfloor heating and a view of the stunning architectural surrounds. Contemporary urban décor, such as exposed brickwork and solid hardwood flooring, belie a sense of style noticeable throughout.
Adjoining restaurant, The London Carriage Works, serves modern British cuisine using locally-sourced produce, and the friendly ensemble of staff deliver exceptional hospitality 24 hours a day, to create a truly memorable experience.
How to Get There
We have just returned from a three night family stay in the gorgeous Hope Street Hotel in Liverpool. The interior wooden decor throughout the hotel is 5 star, the hotel is in a great location for exploring Liverpool, the staff are super helpful, the beds and linen are top quality and the restaurant is fantastic - a must stay in Liverpool for anyone who likes the finer things in life!
Hope Street Hotel, which is, you'll be delighted to know, directly linked with The London Carriage Works restaurant, is a fabulous hotel full of charm. I stayed in a corner suite which was very bright and airy with double aspect views over the city. Great facilities in the room, including a mammoth bath tub which was fantastic. Room was clean, tidy and well appointed.
Room service was direct from TLCW Restaurant downstairs and of excellent quality with a huge A La Carte menu to choose from. All in all, a fantastic hotel that I'd have no hesitations about recommending.
During my one night stay, there were a couple of issues...
1. At 4am the hotel had a problem with their fire alarm, which resulted in the alarm going off VERY loudly in the room for a good minute. I, like many others in the hotel I'm sure, struggled to get back to sleep after this.
2. The bathroom, though it had a fantastic massive bath which was great, also had a "walk-in" rain shower. Effectively laid out like a wet room. Trouble is that the drainage is wildly insufficient, and the entire bathroom flooded. I mean FLOODED. to the point where my clothes which were on the opposite side of the room were absolutely soaked... meaning I had to carry around sodden clothing in my bag for the whole of the next day.
When I mentioned both of these things to the reception staff, I got a distinct lack of any kind of sincere apology or attempt to make things right.
No comment about the alarm other than "yeah we had a problem with the alarm last night. Annoying!" - I mean, sure... I'm tired, problems happen, it's not this guy's fault, right?
When I explained about the shower and the fact that it was flooded, and that now I have a bag full of wet clothes, nothing. Just a half-hearted "Oh dear... how do you want to pay for the extras?". Not the best finish to an otherwise pleasant stay...
Anyway, FYI the room I was in was 336, so if you end up there, ask if they've fixed the flooding issue and, if not, don't leave your clothes ANYWHERE in the bathroom as the whole thing floods. I had a 4 minute shower and there was a centimetre of water across the entire room.
All in all, a little bitter-sweet. Lovely staff (generally), and maybe the guy on reception was just having a bad morning. Great rooms, lovely situation, lots of nice things to enjoy about it.
Magnificent hotel and room, incredibily cosy!
Free cookies, tea, coffee and water available every day in the room. Wonderful bathroom with both shower and bath.
Everything very clean.
Nice design and perfect location, near to the city centre, pubs and place of interest.
We had an awesome stay!!