Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa in Lahaina (Kaanapali), you’ll be minutes from Black Rock and close to Kaanapali Beach. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Whalers Village Museum and Whalers Village.
Make yourself at home in one of the 508 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets. Rooms have private lanais. Cable programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a nightclub, an outdoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center. This resort also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands. Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the area shuttle (surcharge).
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 4 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access room service (during limited hours). Thirsty? Quench your thirst at one of the 3 bars/lounges or 2 poolside bars.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include wired Internet access (surcharge), a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
We stayed three nights and in general would rate this hotel as average. With some strong competition nearby, this hotel feels just average. The rooms smell of bleach but clean. The bathroom is small with luke-warm showers. The restaurants are also average
The only outstanding feature of this hotel is the staff- who were pleasant and helpful.
**Note we stayed here before the strike, so that did not influence our trip** My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Maui. We spent half the time in Wailea and half the time in Kaanapali at the Sheraton. To say we were disappointed in the Sheraton is an understatement. This is a nice hotel for families, but overpriced in my opinion based on the tiny rooms, outdated decor, small pool, extra cost for amenities like basic beach rentals/ chairs. As soon as we set our suitcases down in the room, we could hardly step around each other to get to the bathroom, etc. We both immediately knew we would spend zero time in the room- what a waste! We did stay in a renovated room, which we were grateful for, but the style is sterile and it ended up just highlighting how out of date the rest of the hotel is.
- Black Rock: You can't beat the location for snorkeling and jumping off the rock... but also causes the beach to be packed with people from all over resort row come midday.
- Beach cabanas: You have to spend an extra $50 to wait in line in the morning for one of the 5 beach cabanas available, (our previous hotel offered free beach chairs) but I would definitely recommend it if you are splurging like we were on our honeymoon.
- Breakfast buffet was good, my husband was a big fan
- Happy Hour at both poolside bars provides a rare deal find.
- Easy walk to Whalers Village (but every hotel on that row provides an easy walk to Whalers)
- The employees were nice. I tried to upgrade to a larger room when I saw how tiny ours was, but they were full. They were very kind at the front desk though.
- Tiny rooms, uncomfortable bed, main corridors need updating.
- No balcony as advertised (our "balcony" hardly held one small chair. such a waste/ disappointment).
- Small pool. Great for kids, but no quiet pool. (we will be looking for resorts with adult-only pools moving forward.)
- Overall not great for a honeymoon stay, better for families.
- Regardless, a disappointing value for the price. (We stayed at a 4.5 star resort in Wailea that was barely more expensive than the Sheraton- but they provided free beach chair rentsals, snorkel gear, poolside chairs/ daybeds. In retrospect sometimes paying a little more a night for a nicer hotel pays off.)
By the end of our stay, the Sheraton had grown on us. But that doesn't make up for the fact that it is wildly overpriced. We paid the price of a luxury hotel for the value of something much less. We likely won't be back.
Terrible experience from start to finish. Staff would flat out lie! Advertised services were not available. No shuttle, restaurants closed, pool was practically public. Dirty laundry and garbage left in hallway for days! Housekeeping didn't come even when requested multiple times. Was told we could use fitness center with locker if we needed so we booked a late flight. Confirmed on Thursday and was told they would reserve us locker keys. Went to pick up keys on Saturday to be told fitness center was closed for cleaning all day! Extremely stressful stay. Staff unknowledgeable, rude and unprofessional.
We had the most wonderful time in Maui and at the Sheraton specifically. They had just gotten back from the strike and 1 restaurant was closed down, but that was just fine with us as we are people who like to venture off the hotel and the town of Lahaina has plenty to offer. The grounds were immaculate and the beach, OMG! Bring your snorkel gear or buy some at the local ABC convenience store because you will want it. Even our $20 gear was perfect. The staff were amazing and answered all of our questions and our room was just beautiful.
Dream Honeymoon and I am missing it so much!
We arrived to book in for the last 2 days of a lengthy strike. We were not advised ahead of time so that we could have made alternate arrangements. Some of the staff are back working. The resort has decided to keep all the restaurants closed until the busy season kicks in about two weeks from now. There is no poolside service either.
We are very, very disappointed with the sorry state of this once spectacular place.