Travaasa Hana, Maui
What We Love
- Hamoa Beach, one of the most beautiful on Maui
- Elegant dining on fresh local fish, fruit, vegetables and beef
- Chef Barry Villiarimo, who was born and raised in Hana, incorporates taro, breadfruit, sweet potato, coconut milk and fern shoots in his preparations
- Understated spa with skilled therapists
- Laundry facilities; if you love the outdoors, you also want the ability to wash your workout gear
- Inquire about activities; even if they don’t advertise one you like, they can probably help you anyway
- You’ll never say, “I stayed in a place just like this in…”
- For more info, read our interview with Chris Manning, co-founder of Travaasa
What To Know
- North Sea Ranch Cottages will be closed for renovations from February 9 into 2016, and South Sea Ranch Cottages are being individually renovated from February to August 2015
- Starting July 26, 2015 the hotel will be open to guests of all ages
- If you’re looking for beachfront, air-conditioned Four Seasons–type accommodations, this isn’t it
- The hotel sits on the edge of beach cliffs, making the ocean inaccessible
- Hamoa Beach is at least 2 miles away (there is a shuttle, and you can get picnic lunches sent there)
- Expect some light showers on many days, though they don't interfere with activities
- There’s no shopping nearby other than the down-home Hasegawa General Store
- The airport is a 2- to 3-hour drive away, and transfers are $200 per car, each way; or guests can take a 15-minute flight for $250 per person, each way
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
When you stay at Travaasa Hana, Maui in Hana, you’ll be in the historical district and close to Fagan Memorial and Wainapanapa State Park. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Red Sand Beach and Hamoa Beach.
Make yourself at home in one of the 70 guestrooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Rooms have private balconies. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, as well as phones with free local calls.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, an outdoor tennis court, and a steam room. This resort also features concierge services, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands. Getting to the surf and sand is a breeze with the complimentary beach shuttle.
All-inclusive rates are available at this resort. Meals and beverages at onsite dining establishments are included in all-inclusive rates. Charges may be applied for dining at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, some beverages, and other amenities.
Satisfy your appetite at the resort’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Mingle with other guests at a complimentary reception, held on select days. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a computer station, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and a 24-hour front desk. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
The burger was amazing. The Maui beef just tasted better. Likely my best meal and didn’t snap a photo because I wasn’t expecting much. My wife enjoyed her burger less meat sandwich just as much. The view from the porch was nice and calm and quiet. Great stop on the road to Hana your.
This place was great, what a beautiful setting. A little on the pricey side, I would have expected at least a coffee in the morning but such is Hawaii. Suite was clean and comfortable, food was very good. Anyone who cannot appreciate this place has their head up their ass. This is an island in the middle of nowhere and Hana is about as real deal Hawaii as you can get, locals were friendly and the scenery is amazing. I wish I could have afforded to stay longer. Miracle was very nice and informative when I bought coffee the next day. Thank you to all the staff
E we travel all over the world and this is one of our favorite places, just magical! The staff is excellent, the spa is wonderful, but a bit expensive. The mediation and yoga were also exceptional. We have and will continue to come back!