Travaasa Hana, Maui
What We Love
- Hamoa Beach, one of the most beautiful on Maui
- Elegant dining on fresh local fish, fruit, vegetables and beef
- Chef Barry Villiarimo, who was born and raised in Hana, incorporates taro, breadfruit, sweet potato, coconut milk and fern shoots in his preparations
- Understated spa with skilled therapists
- Laundry facilities; if you love the outdoors, you also want the ability to wash your workout gear
- Inquire about activities; even if they don’t advertise one you like, they can probably help you anyway
- You’ll never say, “I stayed in a place just like this in…”
- For more info, read our interview with Chris Manning, co-founder of Travaasa
What To Know
- North Sea Ranch Cottages will be closed for renovations from February 9 into 2016, and South Sea Ranch Cottages are being individually renovated from February to August 2015
- Starting July 26, 2015 the hotel will be open to guests of all ages
- If you’re looking for beachfront, air-conditioned Four Seasons–type accommodations, this isn’t it
- The hotel sits on the edge of beach cliffs, making the ocean inaccessible
- Hamoa Beach is at least 2 miles away (there is a shuttle, and you can get picnic lunches sent there)
- Expect some light showers on many days, though they don't interfere with activities
- There’s no shopping nearby other than the down-home Hasegawa General Store
- The airport is a 2- to 3-hour drive away, and transfers are $200 per car, each way; or guests can take a 15-minute flight for $250 per person, each way
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
When you stay at Travaasa Hana, Maui in Hana, you’ll be in the historical district and close to Fagan Memorial and Wainapanapa State Park. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Red Sand Beach and Hamoa Beach.
Make yourself at home in one of the 70 guestrooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Rooms have private balconies. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, as well as phones with free local calls.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, an outdoor tennis court, and a steam room. This resort also features concierge services, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands. Getting to the surf and sand is a breeze with the complimentary beach shuttle.
All-inclusive rates are available at this resort. Meals and beverages at onsite dining establishments are included in all-inclusive rates. Charges may be applied for dining at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, some beverages, and other amenities.
Satisfy your appetite at the resort’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Mingle with other guests at a complimentary reception, held on select days. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a computer station, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and a 24-hour front desk. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
50s ambience reflected in hot room full of dust and mold in the Garden of Eden. Captive for food which was pedestrian at best, nauseating at worst.
Great spa service, beautiful setting service great or bad with no in between. Understand one pool used to be CO,no more, too bad. At this price kids are a nuisance. Understand it was sold while we were there. Thank God. It has world class potential, not now realized.
This was our 3rd trip together to this property. Hana never loses its charm or serenity. This is a place you go to disconnect and unwind. You never want to leave the property or the infinity pool. We stayed in a garden suite. I like the fact they are original buildings and less of trek than the oceanfront bungalows - but to each their own. Spent 3 days on our lanai watching the ocean and getting to know the amazing people that makes this resort so special. It's not always perfect here - but they always try to fix or make right by you. A new feature i appreciated is a text concierge. I peppered them with questions, requests, etc - and they always obliged.
Tried the spa for the first time. Whoa - wish I had done that sooner. the Lomi Lomi Hawaiian massage took years of stress off me. Loved it.
This property never feels crowded. 10 people at the pools feels like it's bedlam here. They have activities or will drive you to beautiful Hamoa beach - your call.
Our suite was spacious, toiletries were great and I've come to learn that they don't tell you as much about the amenities as you learn by asking. I just found out they have a complimentary laundry here - who knew? Try the bikes - they get you to Hana bay easily enough. No Tv's in these rooms. But you do have wifi to stay alive.
I do see what people are saying about the a/c here. It never bothered us before, but climate being what it is - it is getting a bit warmer here. This property was recently sold and I'm really looking forward to some positive changes in store here. In the meantime - I'm going to back to sound of rain at night and my home city far, far away.
I was recently visiting friends on Maui. My friend surprised me with a lovely overnight stay here at the Travaasa, after an awesome drive along the hana highway. Hotel was lovely, beautiful surroundings. Loved the infinity pool area and jacuzzi. Room was nice. No air con though so it was rather hot. I wasn’t complaining as I was in paradise. Would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Maui, driving the road to Hana as it’s a long drive and nice to break it up as an overnight. Plus means you don’t have to rush to drive to avoid driving at night to get back. Very much enjoyed my relaxed stay here. Maui is very beautiful I hope to be back. I was visiting from Scotland.